Should KI and Cedar Fair Discontinue Halloween Haunt?

RaptorGuy

What's the old saying? Opinions are like trolls.....

Nah, I wouldn't say that. Not in this instance.

I don't agree with raptorguy's post at all. I think it's way over-the-top to say that Haunt is "satanic."

Some people love to use these forums as a venue to complain. Raptorguy typically doesn't. He's clearly passionate about the way he feels.

Context makes a world of difference in my eyes.

I don't see much of a difference between his post and the definition of "troll".

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

http://www.flayme.com/troll/

I don't see much of a difference between his post and the definition of "troll".

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

How about we keep it positive, and not flame someone for saying what they think. I see a trend here

I think Haunt is fun for the most part. The fog with the lights going through the trees are my favorite things to see, it just looks so cool. If you are just riding, you won't get someone in your face typically, unless you're near a haunt maze. And if you do, it's really only for 2 seconds, deal with those two seconds, you'll live. They can't touch you so just walk around them, they won't follow unless you're acting scared.

For the guests, I actually had a conversation with my friend. He smokes cigarettes occasionally, and he was even mad about people smoking in line. At least if I'm around when my friend smokes, it's in a place where I can go away from him if I'm tired of smelling the smoke. But in line for Diamondback, lets get halfway through the line, and then pull out a cig. Really? This is a public park, and I know there's tons of smoke; but if you want to feel like a rebel by smoking in places not designated for it, then go someplace where people can walk away from you. I shouldn't have to explain why.

For the guests that are drunk, and being nasty to you. I've personally never experienced that. I mean you can smell beer maybe a handful of times if you stay all night, unless you're next to the stands where it's being purchased.

But it's not overwhelming either.

The theming with the skeletons is pretty poor, I remember riding beast, (surprisingly rougher and faster than usual last night/this morning) But they had this demon or skeleton with a red light? I just remember telling my friend as we were going up the hill, that I'm glad Kings Island put out the big bucks to theme this ride. Now, I'm not actually mad, just thought it was funny that they even put something there when it's so ineffective.

As said before, Halloween Haunt probably will never go away with how much money it's making. If you were there on the 9th, you know how capable Kings Island is at bringing in large crowds during this season. That Saturday I literally walked around the park once and with Racer even being full, I left, and watched a movie.

Some may say the same about you Brown

I, for one, actually enjoy some of Brown's posts. I know a lot of things about the parks, but not everything. Therefore, enjoy posters like him, Terpy and a few others. That's the problem with people, no one wants to learn :P No one makes them post, and they don't have to. But they do, and often times some (at least I do) learn stuff.

What Is A Troll?

But Raptorguy didn't reply to a question, he started the thread. A thread that no one had to reply to.

^ I agree 100%. I don't agree with everyone's opinion on here but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to voice said opinion without someone jumping all over them about it. The world would be a very boring place if we all thought and believed the same things.

Number 1:

HAUT at Kings Island is scary. Hall-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa is SCARY. People come running out of their mazes to get away. That is what I like when I go through. The more bloodier the better!

Number 2:

JUST KEEP WALKING! IGNORE the scare actors, eventually they will get the hint and think "hmmm, I can't scare this person." they will leave you alone if you just keep walking and don't acknowledge them.

Number 3:

I get there early enough to actually watch the scareactors run out from the garage doors at the front gate. To me that is amusing. It kind of sets to tone for the night.

Number 4:

I ONLY ride Diamondback. I also enjoy the occasional person who tries to scare us when we are walking to and from Diamondback.

Number 5:

Raptorguy, don't go. That is one less person in front of me in line for Diamondback. BTW, I went last night (10-15-2010) and got 10 rides in on Diamondback.

Number 6:

The fog is AMAZING on Diamondback.

Finally:

YOU BETTER NOT RIDE The Beast DURING HAUNT THIS YEAR!

If anyone needs me I'll be at Diamondback.

I actually think KI tries too hard with Haunt at times.. look at the insane amounts of blood and guts they attempt? (this includes the makeup on maze actors) Its like nearly every attraction, when maybe it should be reserved to Urgent Scare and Slaughter House, and Club Blood due to what they are based upon.

I actually think KI tries too hard with Haunt at times.. look at the insane amounts of blood and guts they attempt? (this includes the makeup on maze actors) Its like nearly every attraction, when maybe it should be reserved to Urgent Scare and Slaughter House, and Club Blood due to what they are based upon.

And maybe Massacre Manor due to the fact that it's called Massacre Manor.

If you knew RaptorGuy, as some of us do, you would know he is VERY sincere about that post. He has deeply held religious beliefs that are very dear to him...and meant EVERY word he said...

To call those beliefs asinine is, in humble opinion, offensive. That is for his God to judge, not for us.

Thanks Terpy for saying that! I appreciate it!

^Yes... THAT place. One of the worst executed themes as far detail in the maze is concerned. Wanna see a high quality version of Massacre Manor, look up former 13 Axe Murder Manor at Knotts on Youtube. :P

Or Dr. Psycho's Haunted Estate at Land of Illusion up in MIddletown. In fact, after traveling to three different haunts in the area (SCREAMPARK in Lexington, Dead Acres in Columbus, and LoI), I see how "bare-bones" our Haunt is, no pun intended. After ten years (or only four, going by KI's Twitter because of the name change), only four attractions have received a technical upgrade or overhaul - Massacre Manor, cornSTALKERS, CarnEVIL, and Cutthroat Cove. MM underwent a cosmetic rehaul in '05 and added in the dual storyline with Emily and the Realtor, cornSTALKERS was moved to Timberwolf from its prior Swan Lake location in 2008, CarnEVIL was moved from the Festhaus to the old Enchanted Theater in '06, and Cutthroat Cove is the most rehauled attraction of the bunch, with three separate themes and three different locations (Swan Lake in '04 to RVT Mining Company in '06 to Bubba Gump's in '09).

Although in some cases (and faeriewench can tell you the same thing with Knott's), most theme park haunts typically keep the same houses around for several years before finally retiring them, yet a majority of them at least add new things to them or redesign said attractions to keep them somewhat fresh. Which, save for 2007 and throwing blood on every wall, I have yet to see Kings Island do, and I don't see them doing next year.

Well, last night I learned what I feared, the haunted stuff did not scare me at all and I found them boring and not worth the wait :(

As for the OP and his "DEEP" beliefs, that is all well and good but to call for people to lose their jobs and thousands of others to not have fun because of them....IS asinine.

He should take the same advice and let HIS god judge the haunt and the people running it.

^ Now that is the EXACT point.

Those that disagree, are not judging the person; we judge the information the person has given.

There is a big difference between the two.

Expecting CF to discontinue HH for the reasons given is like: not liking violence and then expecting the NFL to stop hitting or being Jewish and attending a Roman Catholic Sunday service and then proclaiming the beliefs of that chruch community are wrong.

Being a poster/ member here, the OP obviously knows what kind of environment HH brings, and still went anyway. Why?

See I know RaptorGuy personally and I know he would not go to KI just so he can come on KIC and complain about it. That not who he is.

That is good to hear.

But it still does not explain why a person would knowingly go to a place that has an environment they don't agree with.