KI Webcams

Snowman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to be mounted on The Vortex station roof. Pretty cool view. Although, it will be hard to see when the tower is topped off with that view unless they rotate the camera up.

Sort of what I was thinking, but hopefully they add another cam that is farther back to see more of it being erected. I like this view to see what is going on at ground level at all times!

So do you think that pad is also the loading area for the ride? It does not seem wide enough at least in that webcam view anyway. The angle might be deceiving me!

At first I didn't even think it would fit, but it seems that it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

Are you talking about the ride as a whole or the pad poured.

Don't forget you still have to fit a queue in there somewhere and loading/unloading space, which I am not sure will fit in that currently poured pad.

At first I didn't even think it would fit, but it seems that it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

Are you talking about the ride as a whole or the pad poured.

Don't forget you still have to fit a queue in there somewhere and loading/unloading space, which I am not sure will fit in that currently poured pad.

Just the pad, which I'm guessing is the starting of the foundation (I had thought that the WindSeeker was being placed across the path). But, I'm curious to see how the rest unfolds.

It looks like it was dropped dead in the middle of the midway. I can see them possibly working Vortex and WindSeeker's exit put together, and WindSeeker's entrance routed around next to the restrooms, but how in the world are they gonna fit Action Theatre into that?

Oh well, we'll see how it all works out! Can't wait to ride it! :)

I can see them doing something similar to what they have done for Flight Deck during Haunt. Use the exit as both the entrance and exit for a little bit, and then branch off the entrance from the exit. Save for Haunt, its not like the Action Theater ever had a long line anymore. It is kind of a forgotten ride in the park, and was typically, well off the beaten path.

WindSeeker isn't really in the middle, it's more off to the side toward the bathrooms. They could easily put the queue towards the bathrooms and racer hills. Then have the exit go directly out onto the midway, similar to the exit of Drop Tower into the Action Zone plaza. Maybe I'll draw up a picture to explain what I mean

Speaking of the que for WindSeeker, do you think they might use the action theater staging area for both Vortexs and WindSeeker? Traffic goes back to AT then turn back toward the rides. AT may not have a future and I can see them using it for storage or future development. This would also reduce the congestion on the mall from Vortex. No matter what they do, I am ready to ride and can't wait to get there.

So far, it has been confirmed that Action Theater will not close.

On the subject of WindSeeker's queue, if you drew a line straight down the center of that section of Coney Mall. To me, it appears that WindSeeker is more toward the bathrooms than Vortex's exit. So why would they cut all the way across the path, toward Vortex's exit to make the queue? That would bottleneck the Action Theater traffic around WindSeeker toward the space in between te bathrooms and WindSeeker. That wouldn't make much sense. And the queue would cut off the exit of Action Theater?...

kjkjkj, I see what you are saying but I envision a similar routing like Action Zone. Enter into the area and all head toward the AT and disburse into varying lines from there. If AT is still in use then you may have three lines going on. Just hope for great signage. The aerial view of KI on GoogleEarth shows a bit of space on the other side of the bathrooms that could lead to staging. I hope not though, smell and noise. YUCK.

Also remember, a firm foundation is needed for a big, tall ride set in concrete.

A queue, not so much.

Why go to the expense of overbuilding, especially given the firm's temporal fiscal foundation?

Because I'm sure they don't want the entire line spilling out onto the midway like a cheap carnival.