Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing

Personally I love Disaster Transport and it was actually my second favorite coaster in the park (MF being my favorite and Maverick my least) last year at Haunt. Perhaps I enjoyed it so much because it was a near walk on during a super crowded day, or perhaps because it reminded me of two rides mixed together from the past (Screamin Delta Deamon and Chaos at Opryland). Though I doubt it'll be moved I'd love to see it put in that big box in Rivertown.

Honestly speaking, I would have thought Ouimet would have tried to save this, maybe give it an offseason refurb, seeing as it is the only darkride (as of late) at Cedar Point. But what do I know? Maybe it will get sent to Michigan's Adventure. Maybe it won't. In due time.

The longer ride at the Cedar Point B&M winged coaster will allow for much better capacity than Dollywood's Wild Eagle.

Wild Eagle, while most impressive, has only two trains and the turn around time is so compressed I see no way they could add a third train to effect a capacity gain. They simply do not have time to board and dispatch another train in time. The prior departing train is already awaiting reentry into the station prior to the second train departing.

No doubt Cedar Point will have a larger station, possibly larger trains with more seats per train, as well as more than two trains. A larger station and platform could allow for boarding to be more efficient and thus departures quickened. The boarding time necessary on Wild Eagle is excessive. While training could quicken the process a bit the real time fault lies in the structure of the ride. A double station would address much of those issues.

One thing is certain about the new coaster. It will be red and the name will start with M. :D

I think the likely color for the coaster is green since new green B & M track has been spotted. But I certainly see your point about the name starting with an M.

^^It's already been confirmed the green B&M track in Batavia is heading to China where track has already been spotted and photographed there. I see this coaster being either a bright orange scheme (similar to Behemoth and Talon), or the blue similar to Leviathan or our very own Invertigo!

^^It's already been confirmed the green B&M track in Batavia is heading to China where track has already been spotted and photographed there. I see this coaster being either a bright orange scheme (similar to Behemoth and Talon), or the blue similar to Leviathan or our very own Invertigo!

Supposedly, there are two different sets of green wing rider track outside the plant. Separate order numbers have been seen on different pieces of track.

The longer ride at the Cedar Point B&M winged coaster will allow for much better capacity than Dollywood's Wild Eagle.

Wild Eagle, while most impressive, has only two trains and the turn around time is so compressed I see no way they could add a third train to effect a capacity gain. They simply do not have time to board and dispatch another train in time. The prior departing train is already awaiting reentry into the station prior to the second train departing.

No doubt Cedar Point will have a larger station, possibly larger trains with more seats per train, as well as more than two trains. A larger station and platform could allow for boarding to be more efficient and thus departures quickened. The boarding time necessary on Wild Eagle is excessive. While training could quicken the process a bit the real time fault lies in the structure of the ride. A double station would address much of those issues.

thus we forget bout Firehawk with it's double loading station?

I would love to see Cedar Point/Cedar Fair let the public pick the name of the new coaster.

Any suggestions guys?

Mine is Steel Scorpion

I would love to see Cedar Point/Cedar Fair let the public pick the name of the new coaster.

Any suggestions guys?

Mine is Steel Scorpion

After the public thought that Dragster H2O was a great name for Soak City's new water slide, I'm hoping they have nothing to do with it...

You beat me to it! CP should never do a name the ride thing like this again!

Geez, how bad is Disaster Transport? Seems like everyone is okay with seeing it go. When I read about it, that was one of the more unique sounding rides at the park. I hope to get a chance to ride it.

Me personally I loved it when I was a small kid. Back when robots like DAVE and the other (might been second one, don't remember) were operational in the queue lines. It was a sad season when I first saw DAVE's head bowed down :( (we were there for a rather extended stay and he was like that the entire time but other times I don't know) I think that was right before they started using the queue for "Cedar Point Cemetery" in Halloweekends debut year. But as the years progressed it started to became "meh" though I still liked it on hot days and it was fun riding it with my dad.

• 1 month later...

Now it is official. From CP's FB page-

Something big is happening. Disaster Transport & Space Spiral will be dismantled this season to make space for @!!$!(*%%. We're sad to see them go, but are excited as we fly into the future. Stay tuned for more!

http://www.facebook....m/#!/cedarpoint

I assume something was announced at CoasterMania.

EDIT: 60 seconds is a long time! :P

• Like 1