Comments posted on KI's Facebook page

Browntggrr

Facebook is a self serving, ego fueling, privacy invading, waste of brain cells that could be put to better uses like watching grass grow or wood rot. I'm proud to say I've never posted or looked at anything on Facebook.

Sounds like the level of discussion on the KI Facebook page lives up to my expectations.

That's what I thought too... until I launched a podcast magazine promoting good things in my home town. Believe it or not, Facebook is an incredible business tool and social media is the future of marketing.

To be fair, many of your comments could easily be applied to people posting in a forum about amusement parks.

Point well taken. What comments could we apply to people who moderate forums about amusement parks? :)

Wow if there was anyone that knew The Racers better than Kings Island's PR Director I'd love to meet them. And I have been there 10 times this season and when attendance is low why run 2 cars with empty seats. Just causes more wear and tear on a 40 year old coaster. The line stretching out to coney mall, but I am sure there were no switchbacks open, so the line took all of 10-15 minutes?

In response?

Sean u where not there so u need not comment on switch blades are u retarded or something. Why would u even mention weapons. That is my question

• Like 1

"Shortcuts on quality does not pay off in the longrun. Since it was a popular ride why not redesign and rebuild it with safety the main priority this time."

Yup. 'Cause Sonny was a popular ride.

EDIT: Also about Sonny:

"I remember going to Kings Island about a million times the summer it was being built, watching in awe as the track came together, and then waiting 6.5 hours for the front seat when it opened. Only coaster I've ever been on that I liked better in the back because it was actually smoother back there lol. RIP Son of Beast."

Bolded for emphasis.

From the Save Son of Beast Facebook page:

"The Beach Waterpark across from Kings Island will Re-open for the 2013 season with a new owner!"

The reply? "No it wont... they tore everything down."

EDIT: From Kings Island's Twitter after the SoB announcement: "Will You Ever Open The Son Of The Beast Again?"

Edited by TheCrypt

Ha shows how much Kings Island does for themselves! I thought the park was supposed to be for patrons of the park And we want SON OF The Beast! Well I can say, they have lost me and plenty of other visitors! I will never step foot in Kings Island again! I hope they go bankrupt in the midst of taking down our ride! That's Kings Island for the screw you will guess what screw you right BACK!!!!

I had to go to Save Son of Beast and KI facebook pages today for a good laugh. It's amazing to me how some people will react to a situation out of their control.

I'd also like to do a poll of those most upset that SoB is being removed - from my vantage point it seems as though many who are losing their mind upset that such a great ride is being removed either:

- Never got to ride it as I was too small

- Only got to ride it once or twice (normally after loop removal)

I know there are others (Dropzone, Nightmare, Colonel, Agent) come to mind who rode it more often and aren't happy (although I havent seen any of them flipping out), but the majority seem to be those who have an image or a single memory of the ride.

• Like 5

I had to go to Save Son of Beast and KI facebook pages today for a good laugh. It's amazing to me how some people will react to a situation out of their control.

I'd also like to do a poll of those most upset that SoB is being removed - from my vantage point it seems as though many who are losing their mind upset that such a great ride is being removed either:

- Never got to ride it as I was too small

- Only got to ride it once or twice (normally after loop removal)

I know there are others (Dropzone, Nightmare, Colonel, Agent) come to mind who rode it more often and aren't happy (although I havent seen any of them flipping out), but the majority seem to be those who have an image or a single memory of the ride.

Dont you just love their language? Onto KI facebook, SOB status "Dislike" times 2 "So sad". Now where is my "Bring back Boomerang Bay to Kings Island!" page? (Joke intended (For our very own commentator Long!))