Kings Island selling "Beast Backstage Tours" for $25

McSalsa

Hmm...this is cool. Apparently, you can purchase Beast backstage tours for $25, and go behind-the-scenes of the legendary wooden coaster.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog-article/online-fun/Take-a-behind-the-scenes-tour-of-the-Beast

Park admission is required...I kind of like this deal. It benefits a good cause, and I think the price is OK. What about you guys?

• Like 1

Hmm...this is cool. Apparently, you can purchase Beast backstage tours for $25, and go behind-the-scenes of the legendary wooden coaster.

http://www.visitking...ur-of-the-Beast

Park admission is required...I kind of like this deal. It benefits a good cause, and I think the price is OK. What about you guys?

That seems like a good deal to me too, Only 25 dollars to go in the wooded territory of one of the Best wooden roller coaster's of all time.

Is there a guide explaining hows things work and discussing facts? I've been on a few coaster tours at other parks where they basically open the gate for 20 minutes, you take a look around and leave. Would love one that actually talks about the history of the ride.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Is there a guide explaining hows things work and discussing facts? I've been on a few coaster tours at other parks where they basically open the gate for 20 minutes, you take a look around and leave. Would love one that actually talks about the history of the ride.

You do learn about the history of the ride on the tour.

• Like 9

Thanks for the update! I'm significantly more interested in tours knowing that there's some educational value to it. Like I said, I've "toured" coasters at other parks and been a little let down by the lack of a tour guide.

Just took the tour this afternoon. Don KingsIslandPR gave the tour and it's worth every dime. Since he's within a couple of years of my age we had a lot of history to discuss. Don was very candid with every question we asked him, and no I won't quote him so I can't be accused of talking to the Dippin' Dots guy. It's best to book the tour and ask what you want. Just like he said the tour was right at an hour plus we talked all the way out to International Street as we were leaving. Don't be like me and not bring a camera he sets you up for great shots.

• Like 1

Took a tour today, lasted 1 1/2 hours, due to an incident causing ride delays and lots of empty trains.

The tour was amazing, especially being inside the Helix and watching the confused looks on riders faces. You get VERY up close and personal with this awesome feat of engineering.

Plus you get to ask Don pretty much any question your little heart desires. Boy was there a lot of them too, lol. Don is a a great person and contrary to popular belief, DOES listen to and care about park guests.

• Like 3

^

WARNING: If deathly afraid of spiders, do not look at this post!

That's actually not a Brown Recluse...that's a large wolf spider. They are large, brown spiders and while their bites are painful, they are not nearly as dangerous as the bite of the Brown Recluse (as in it won't leave serious damage or hurt for 3 months, etc etc...) They are common in forests, hence why it is not shocking to see them near The Beast. A pic of a wolf spider:

wolf-spider.jpg

Versus a Brown Recluse...

2061_2.jpg

Hope this clears that up- I'm 95% sure the spider in the video was a Wolf, not a Brown Recluse.

McSalsa, who cannot believe we are discussing spiders on a Kings Island fansite... :wacko:

UPDATE: Changed pic of Brown Recluse, because for some reason it stopped working...