Parking lot coasters

SonofBaconator

First, I just have to say that your profile picture makes me laugh, SonofBaconador. I love it!!!!

That would be so cool! But with the new rumors of thunder alley going, and SOB going, AND the space behind delerium.... I think we might nead that route.... But then again KI is totally unpredictable.

• Like 1

A thought, albeit a long stretch: take the idea from another thread about a B&M giga by Timberwolf running parallel to Colombia Rd. Now, when the ride reaches the central strip of grass in the parking lot, have an overbanked turn so that the track runs over that strip of grass towards the KI sign. A camelback or two later, have one of the Shambhala at PortAventura-style ampersand turnarounds that wraps around (or even through?) the KI sign, then runs back the way it came. It would catch some eyes, even from I-71.

• Like 2

No, the parking lot is already hectic.

Ever been to Six Flags Over Georgia?

Question: How much of Gatekeeper is actually going to be over the parking lot? From the POVs it looks like they will be putting in some landscaping and what not. I wouldn't be so quick to judge this one... :)

I wouldn't be so quick to assume the animation is accurate, even if it is 100 percent so the day it is released. Plans change, costs get cut, etc. Ever see the Diamondback splashdown pond with all of what was planned for it? Or the animation for Italian Job: Stunt Track?

• Like 2

Is this video what you mean about the Diamondback pond or are you referring to something else? This pond seems similar to what is actually there.

Found the Italian Job: Stunt Track video... looks like the animation team got a little carried away with the helicopter scene. :rolleyes: Other than that, it appears relatively similar to the final ride.

On IJ:ST, there was supposed to be bumping that simulated the mini coopers going down stairs that never happened. It was in a tunnel and the bumping was to be simulated by the cars and not by the track itself.

There was also a drifting feature built into the cars that was never utilized. Add in the speaker system that didn't work. I truly believe that if everything planned had been done it could have been one of the best family coasters around, now it's just a shell of what it could have been.

There is no need for Kings Island to build a roller coaster into the parking lot. They have more than enough land to expand in the vast expanse of land going north to the high school and down near the river. They still have large portions of the old Lion Country to build the structures for the coaster. And besides, why displace all those parking spaces for the guests?