Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I have done some research, and isn't it true that there must be proof of use before it can actually be trademarked? So if this is the case, keychains/magnets have already have been produced with the Banshee logo on them.

Someone care to elaborate and tell me if I am correct or not?

You are correct.

• Like 1

Maybe their using The Banshee trademark and the description on the posters as a diversion to steer us away from the real name.

Cedar Fair would not go through the trouble (and money) to trademark something just for the sake of confusing some enthusiast site members.

• Like 9

I should have known that was coming.

Anyway, if I could throw in my two cents, I kinda doubt whatever this is will be a B&M Giga, but not because Cedar Fair doesn't want one - because B&M won't manufacture one. If I'm not mistaken, I read from a reliable source that the only reason B&M went over 300 feet for Leviathan was because Canada's Wonderland had been wanting a B&M Invert since the mid-90s but B&M couldn't give them one because of a clause in the Raptor contract that prohibited the construction of other B&M Inverts at competing parks within a certain distance.

• Like 1

When I first saw this, I thought for sure it was a large B&M Giga, and thats what I want second to an Intamin Blitz. The more and more I read and look at the picture, the more and more worried I become that is not the case. In all do respect, for all of you saying its a B&M Giga named Banshee, we have very little evidence. And after seeing that picture of DB's construction on May 4th, Im even more scepticle. There has not been a lot of work done since opening day. And he work that is being done is in a very small section. You would think that they would start working farther back in the area.

Pretty much what Im saying is that it could be anything. A B&M Giga, a DIve Machine, or even a WIld Mouse (hahaha).

• Like 1

While at Cedar Point there was so much buzz about Sky Hawk. It was not open while I was there but everyone seems to REALLY love that ride. Seems like something like that would be a good fit for the area..

But I want a GIGA RACER!!

What am I missing here? Other than a random tweet with the number 308, and the fact Canada's Wonderland added Leviathan. What suggests so strongly to it being a B&M Giga? Sure it's a possibilty but I've seen nothing to prove it couldn't be almost any other coaster. Its also a big possibilty this development takes up a fraction of the cleared land from SOB.

There was a tweet that said 308

I read from a reliable source that the only reason B&M went over 300 feet for Leviathan was because Canada's Wonderland had been wanting a B&M Invert since the mid-90s but B&M couldn't give them one because of a clause in the Raptor contract that prohibited the construction of other B&M Inverts at competing parks within a certain distance.

Ever heard of a ride called Alpengeist? (WIlliamsburg) Great Bear? (Hershey) Unless of course your reliable source considers those too far away. :)

B & M is not in the business of doing favors to parks because said parks "feel bad" or "left out".

How long did it take Cedair Fair to construct Gatekeeper at Cedar Point?

Are you asking that as a question or are you just proving a point that they can build a coaster pretty quickly?

If it was a question I think they started tearing down DT and the Spiral around August and September, I think.

• Like 2

What am I missing here? Other than a random tweet with the number 308, and the fact Canada's Wonderland added Leviathan. What suggests so strongly to it being a B&M Giga? Sure it's a possibilty but I've seen nothing to prove it couldn't be almost any other coaster. Its also a big possibilty this development takes up a fraction of the cleared land from SOB.

There was a tweet that said 308

That tweet was in response to @gahannaman on Twitter asking the park to think of a meaningless number between 300 and 309. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26972-a-diversion/?p=501485

Clearly, @gahannaman was trying to extract a hint about a giga coaster. Perhaps the response was a hint, or maybe it was a false clue. Or it might have just been Don picking a number.

• Like 3