Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The only reason I think KI may get Banshee over other parks is, KI has a bit of a, doesn't care attitude about stuff like this. At CP they thought it would tarnish the image and was somewhat taboo'ed. However, KI has Ed Alonzos soon to be hyped up haunt show, Halloween Haunt, and midget wrestling. I think Banshee is acceptable

Just because no construction is seen at other parks yet, I mean that based off of a new ride scenario - obviously construction is always happening at parks, doesn't mean there wont be later on.

• Like 1

Banshee would most likely be the name. I just hope that the ride is not a B&M Invert like everyone is saying. Inverts were popular back in the 90's, I would much rather see something along the lines of a Leviathan or Maverick style coaster.

• Like 2

Banshee would most likely be the name. I just hope that the ride is not a B&M Invert like everyone is saying. Inverts were popular back in the 90's, I would much rather see something along the lines of a Leviathan or Maverick style coaster.

A new ride is going to draw crowds, regardless of whether it was "popular" in the 90's

• Like 1

I couldn't think of how to word it, they basically figured people wouldn't ride it or like it because of the name. You see what I'm saying though, CP goes a bit of the safe route for stuff, KI does go a bit over the line but I'm perfectly ok with that.

...I give up.

• Like 3

Am I the only one that just doesn't really like inverts??

No, you are not.

I'm not the biggest fan of them, I think for me, there's too much action on my cranium- I mentioned earlier that Invertigo makes me dizzy- that could be just age creeping up on me.

I remember loving The Bat, though.

Before they splash out the cash, the guys in the office have pored over demographics and peak times and all that. If an inversion coaster spackels in a hole that they need to fill, I'm all for it.

Abandoned theme parks make me sad, and I want this one to keep going.

• Like 1

Personally, I absolutely LOVE Afterburn at Carowinds, and could ride that ride all day long. If Kings Island does end up getting an inverted coaster, then I will be happy. It would likely have inversions, and Kings Island`s last coaster with inversions was Invertigo, which offers your standard boomerang inversion package.

Not to mention, if it does end up being a B&M invert, it would be another B&M ride that is a capacity machine, with limited down time.

That being said, we have no guarantee what type of ride it is going to be yet, let alone the manufacturer or name. Some people will not be happy, no matter what type of ride Kings Island installs. As The Interpreter has said, just be happy that Kings Island appears to be getting a new ride. When was the last new ride installed at Dorney Park? Or Michigan`s Adventure?

• Like 9

Personally, I absolutely LOVE Afterburn at Carowinds, and could ride that ride all day long. If Kings Island does end up getting an inverted coaster, then I will be happy. It would likely have inversions, and Kings Island`s last coaster with inversions was Invertigo, which offers your standard boomerang inversion package.

Not to mention, if it does end up being a B&M invert, it would be another B&M ride that is a capacity machine, with limited down time.

That being said, we have no guarantee what type of ride it is going to be yet, let alone the manufacturer or name. Some people will not be happy, no matter what type of ride Kings Island installs. As The Interpreter has said, just be happy that Kings Island appears to be getting a new ride. When was the last new ride installed at Dorney Park? Or Michigan`s Adventure?

Well Michigan's Adventure and Dorney Park are CF lowest attendance parks so that would explain why they do not get new rides. Cedar Point and Kings Island are the top 2 parks they have.

• Like 1

If this ride ends up being an Invert then we will start seeing Top Gun and Vortex come down in the next 5 years. But then again if they are going to use all of the SOB layout area then an Invert does not fit the picture at all.

There is no ride at Kings Island called Top Gun. As for Flight Deck and Vortex, Kings Island has stated that there are no plans at the moment to remove either of them. But could Flight Deck be dismantled in 5 years? Its a possibility but I don't see it happening. Vortex is one of the most popular coasters in the park for guests and it is not sinking or being dismantled any time soon.

Son of Beast with it's loop-2000 Firehawk -2007......

• Like 3

Well Michigan's Adventure and Dorney Park are CF lowest attendance parks so that would explain why they do not get new rides. Cedar Point and Kings Island are the top 2 parks they have.
Wrong. Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point are the chain's two highest producing seasonal parks.

If this ride ends up being an Invert then we will start seeing Top Gun and Vortex come down in the next 5 years. But then again if they are going to use all of the SOB layout area then an Invert does not fit the picture at all.

Right. Because when Flight of Fear and Invertigo were installed, Vortex and Flight Deck were doomed.
  • Like 3

I just got back from Six Flags Great America, experiencing their season of backwards - Batman and Viper; can you imagine if Kings Island decided to turn The Beast backwards? People would be lined up for miles. That would be so much fun!

X Flight was fun, just as much fun as Wild Eagle; neither are a top 10 or top 20 in my book, but they're a not of fun, unique rides that are a must visit in the park. I really wouldn't mind Kings Island adding a wing rider; although I'd rather see something else.

1zi9.jpg

aqu3.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Like 4

Wrong. Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point are the chain's two highest producing seasonal parks.

I thought Kings Island was tied with Cedar Point in attendance.

I'm always confused as to why people think that KI would tear down Vortex. It is by far one of the most popular rides. Sure, it's rough. But so is beast. I don't see either of them coming down anytime soon.

It seems like there was a flurry of construction updates going on here for a while. Not so much lately. I'm going to KI this weekend and will gather as many clues as possible!

I'm always confused as to why people think that KI would tear down Vortex. It is by far one of the most popular rides. Sure, it's rough. But so is beast. I don't see either of them coming down anytime soon.

But The Beast doesn't have OTSR's, and it's actually very smooth if you ride on a non-wheel seat.

• Like 3