Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

You keep bringing up "Ride, Sally, Ride." Yes, mustang was a good diversion. But who falls for the same trick twice?

I propose that Don is using reverse psychology on us. He knows Terpy will keep bringing up the 2009 fiasco and is using it in his favor. This is really going to be an Owl themes ride. They've set up the theming early so they will have it finished. Average park guests will come back next year and say "Oh, THAT'S what the owls were for!" It's genius.

Im not sure many average park guests will even take notice to the owls.

While riding Drop Tower this year I often point out to the person besides me that a new coaster is being constructed for next season; more times than not, their reaction is along the lines of "REALLY?!?"

Um... what else can that construction realistically be?

• Like 6

Im not sure many average park guests will even take notice to the owls.

While riding Drop Tower this year I often point out to the person besides me that a new coaster is being constructed for next season; more times than not, their reaction is along the lines of "REALLY?!?"

Um... what else can that construction realistically be?

They're probably just doing it to carry on a conversation a random rider next to them on Drop Tower started... lol

• Like 4

Not everyone is so antisocial. I find some people like a good diversion while going up the intimidating Drop Tower.

This coming from a introvert.

I'm not saying it isn't fun to talk to random people in line, but what do you expect them to say other than "really"? If they just said "I know". That doesn't leave much room for the conversation. Or if they said "Yeah, I heard it's going to be a ________" then they would just end up on a KIC post anyway in the guests say the darndest things topic :lol:

• Like 8

I tried to put emphasis on my really, but I don't believe I got the desired outcome. Really with question marks and exclamation was supposed to signify that they were genuinely surprised and then had follow up questions to ask.

Also I just point and blurt out "They're building a new roller coaster!" It's not as though I first knudge the person, demand eye contact and then say in great detail everything I suspect about the construction.

http://0CF753C7-DCB4-4B80-8B4D-D08B3FD182E9-387

These "clues" lead me to believe we'll see an invert or a winged. Anyone else?

Owl long has this been going on?

Your posts and tweets send off old songs in my head. You're like an oldies top forty station of the mind.

• Like 7

Based on the interviews I have seen of him, Matt Ouimet did say he would love it if all the major Cedar Fair parks (Kings Island included) had an on-site hotel, campsites, etc. as they have proven to be good money makers at Disney (where Ouimet worked pre-CF) and Cedar Point, but the money to do this for all the parks just is not there right now. However, it could be something we see happen at KI and other large Cedar Fair parks in the future...

That would be wonderful. It would be such a convenience, especially different accommodations in various price ranges.

And f there were a package deal where wristbands, rooms, etc., were all in a package, that would really benefit vacationers by making an all in one purchase instead of several possibly confusing purchases along the way.

Diamondback girl, I'm sorry about what happened. I know it's sickening. Hopefully they can find some of your things. I was told they go through the trash nightly, especially if there's a theft report.

• Like 4

I think there is a possibility of them purchasing Great Wolf Lodge next door.. While I love the place they have been struggling to find a way to be profitable. The new owner of the franchise may be willing to sell off a few of them to stream line the company..

• Like 7

I have lots of conversations with people at Kings Island. They think construction is like supports and such and most people thought that they only land cleared the area. When I tell them that footers are being built they are like what are footers? Then I tell them they are used to support the support at ground level. They are like ok. Yep I talk alot at Kings Island.

• Like 2

At this point, I can put a few things together as far as the name and theming of the ride go......We have evil looking scarecrows, hooting owls, bone chilling screams behind the fence, and the possible name, Banshee.

What could this all mean when put together into one idea?...It could mean the theme is somewhere along the lines of a dark ,evil, terrifying mood, a feeling of insecurity before stepping on the ride......

I'm thinking that the theming and station will be along the lines of the theming of The Raven at Holiday World or even somewhere close to Verbolten at BGW.....I see there being a dark haunting station that scares you before you even step on the ride, sometimes that is the key, to scare one before getting on the ride. Flight of Fear does that for some guests. I also see the addition of a very evil tunnel to the ride....a very scary tunnel that almost reveals the evil phenomenon but quickly turning you back out into the light of day.

Overall, I do believe the station and theme will revolve around a similar storyline somewhere between Holiday World's Raven, Verbolten, and Halloween Haunt.......Very spooky indeed.

*hoot* *hoot*

• Like 1

Watch them reuse the SOB box that was at the start of the line and put it in front of the ride with the new name on/in it once they are ready to tell us

The box/crate used at the entrance of Son of Beast was dismantled along with the ride last summer. It will not be used for Kings Island's future expansion.

• Like 2

In this pic from coasterfusion it appears that the lift hill, if that's what it is, is headed for Adventure Express. Doesn't make sense to me

I did the math a while back, this is going to put the lift hill at around 150 foot. That falls into the range typically seen on inverts.