Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Obviously some are hating the thought of an invert, while most are excited about an invert. What if its not an invert? I think this thread would turn into a cyber riot. I will be happy with anything but a wooden hybrid. With that completely out of the discussion, Id just be Happy, Happy, Happy.

• Like 1

Obviously some are hating the thought of an invert, while most are excited about an invert. What if its not an invert? I think this thread would turn into a cyber riot. I will be happy with anything but a wooden hybrid. With that completely out of the discussion, Id just be Happy, Happy, Happy.

What's wrong with a hybrid? haha

• Like 1

There is a post.

A post in this forum.

A post that mentions what might just be a key part of this "world record breaker".

It's only been mentioned by two people, and seems to keep getting glazed over.

Something that's quite unique to Kings Island...something that has been common on a few coasters over the years...

Search and you may see.

It is so obvious double lift hill

They're gonna be double lift hills themed to rainbows...

...wait. Rainbows? Little woodland critters? Oh, no...

Ponies-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magi

It's gonna be the world's first coaster themed to My Little Pony named RAINBOW DASH! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!11!!1?!!

• Like 6

What's wrong with a hybrid? haha

I'm just very picky about wooden coasters. I believe wooden roller coasters are classics, a blast from the past. Adding a track made entirely of steel in my opinion is like a slap in the face to roller coaster history.

• Like 2

If it is a B&M Inverted roller coaster that breaks Major records these are the basic stats that it could have .

Stat- Measure (Current Holder)

Height- 196 feet+ (Alpengiest full circuit )/ 216 feet+ (Wicked Twister)

Drop- 171 feet+ (Alpengiest full circuit)/ 207+ (Wicked Twister)

Speed-73 MPH+ (Wicked Twister)

Length- 4,048.7 feet+ (Pyrenees)

Inversions- 8+ (Montu)

Source: RCDB

These are all likely to be broken but none of these will probably be bigger than Diamondback's stats other than inversions.

• Like 6

I just can't see them doing double lifts. I think we'd see 8 inversions long before we saw the additional cost and maintenance of a second lift. If this thing was going to be a mile long I could see it, but based on what we are seeing I could only see the 2nd lift as a way to get the train out of the valley and back up to the station. If they use two lifts as the world record breaking aspect and the second lift is just to pull it into the station I think it's a cop out. Now if they made it longer and a second lift replaced the mcbr and could lead to 4 train operation, I could see some practicality to it. But even then, I can't see that being green lit by Cedar Fair.

• Like 1

I might sound really dumb here and please don't crucify me if I do, but in the picture of the track that was posted does it look like invert track to anyone? I can't tell. was just wondering if anyone else had a better idea. :)

EDIT: Spelling :)

Yes....yes it does....Looks like transfer track.

• Like 1

They're gonna be double lift hills themed to rainbows...

...wait. Rainbows? Little woodland critters? Oh, no...

Ponies-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magi

It's gonna be the world's first coaster themed to My Little Pony named RAINBOW DASH! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!11!!1?!!

If KI had a my little pony coaster, I would shred my gold pass and never return. I'd rather deal with a park full of "zomg, liek, Vortex is totally sinking guyz" crowds than bronies...

• Like 1

Lets hope not.

Seriously, that's sounds like a really stupid way to split up a coaster. The Beast is one thing, but some like Smiler, where there's a lift hill in the middle seems really stupid.

To me, having two lift hills is "cheating". It would be awesome if there was a 14 inversion coaster that relied on one big drop's momentum.

I might sound really dumb here and please don't crucify me if I do, but in the picture of the track that was posted does it look like invert track to anyone? I can't tell. was just wondering if anyone else had a better idea. :)

I agree, and although there is no proof my money is on this flatbed going to Mason.

• Like 1

I agree, and although there is no proof my money is on this flatbed going to Mason.

Thank you for clarifying! :)

• Like 1

I would have to sat that looks like some invert track

I'm not an expert but I don't believe that pic looks like any invert I've ever seen or been on. I can't think of a single one where you have metal bars between the supports and the actual track. To me that looks like a transfer track. But someone show me a pic of an invert that looks like that and I'd consider believing them. Until then I'm of the believe that track is not an inverted track of any kind.

To all of you praying to the coaster gods for an inverted coaster this doesn't mean that pic is of our coaster no matter what type of ride that's from.

I am of the minority hoping this is not an inverted coaster. Of B&M'S roller coasters: Diver coasters, inverted, stand up, sit down, floorless, flying , hyper, and winged... Honestly I'd rather have a world record breaking any one of those over an inverted coaster.

• Like 3

Thanks Andrew for the photos, but I have no idea what is on that flatbed. I wish I could have given you my Nikon with the 200mm zoom so would could actually see what was on the flatbed

You're welcome bud. Tried to get it the best I could from the road (trespassing is a no no) and the camera on my phone (Galaxy Note 2) isn't the best. Would have been easier with a DSLR. Would have made it easier for everyone as I could barely make the piece out in person as well...

• Like 2

Indeed the Son of Beast was the first wooden looping coaster terp, that is one thing you are wrong about

Coming from the person with 12 posts. Do some history research and you will see that a looping wooden coaster is nothing new nor was SoB anywhere near the first.

• Like 9