Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I think it is a dive coaster. Don has posted a "dive" teaser twice so far on twitter. I drove by the batavia plant today and the forest green parts say "x-works" for the customer on the sticker that is on the bottom of the supports. There were some very big pieces of track on the side that were not painted yet and the sticker also had "x-works" on it. that confirms that this track matches the supports. i remember looking at the Diamondback supports at the plant and they also had x-works as the customer on the sticker. Other track pieces to other parks say something other than "x-works". The track that i saw was also significantly bigger than a hyper or giga coaster.

Man, if I had a dollar for every time "X-Works" gets brought up when a new B&M is being built, I'd have several dollars.

• Like 5

I just hope its NOT a B&M, KI needs to change things up. Not the traditional "Up and Down" coaster they always add.

KI only really has two "Up and Down" coasters that come to mind, namely Racer and Diamondback. And B&M has proven via Gatekeeper that they can build VERY intense rides that are anything but up and down coasters. So even if it is B&M, don't rule out other track layout philosophies, because they are more versatile than they appear.

And I noticed you only have 11 posts, so welcome to KIC! Same for any other newer members who are reading this.

i hope

I think it is a dive coaster. Don has posted a "dive" teaser twice so far on twitter. I drove by the batavia plant today and the forest green parts say "x-works" for the customer on the sticker that is on the bottom of the supports. There were some very big pieces of track on the side that were not painted yet and the sticker also had "x-works" on it. that confirms that this track matches the supports. i remember looking at the Diamondback supports at the plant and they also had x-works as the customer on the sticker. Other track pieces to other parks say something other than "x-works". The track that i saw was also significantly bigger than a hyper or giga coaster.

Man, if I had a dollar for every time "X-Works" gets brought up when a new B&M is being built, I'd have several dollars.

I hope it's not a dive coaster.

are there pictures??

I just hope its NOT a B&M, KI needs to change things up. Not the traditional "Up and Down" coaster they always add.

KI only really has two "Up and Down" coasters that come to mind, namely Racer and Diamondback. And B&M has proven via Gatekeeper that they can build VERY intense rides that are anything but up and down coasters. So even if it is B&M, don't rule out other track layout philosophies, because they are more versatile than they appear.

And I noticed you only have 11 posts, so welcome to KIC! Same for any other newer members who are reading this.

Thanks, but I have been on here much longer than people are assuming, I use to have another account and I lost my password, I request a new one to be sent, that was two years ago. But Thanks.

You might also know me as ripphantomtheater

"X-Works" is the customer code on all of their track now. It is not a designation for KI.

• Like 1

"X-Works" is the customer code on all of their track now. It is not a designation for KI.

Not true. I looked at another piece of painted track that was there and it said "wing coaster "next to customer. not "x-works"

are there pictures??

yes i took pics. having trouble uploading them from iPhoto. any suggestion?

Don keeps posting "dive" teasers on twitter though. A DIVEersion?! HMMM...I also don't think a dive coaster would start construction this early. They are shorter in length and don't take as long to build as hyper's and giga's. Gatekeeper didn't start till much later.

I remembered reading something about this before...they pretty much say that the stickers will not tell us anything:

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2008/12/scott-carol-present.html

"We did have to change the bar code stickers because some coaster enthusiasts started taking pictures of them and posting them on the internet before the park had made their announcement. No more identifying information is on the bar codes"

• Like 7

Along with other youtubers who have good videos on the internet.

Great Scott! That video made me think of something very important, scratch the Banshee theory! It's Son of Diamondback!

Just because you can't post a link doesn't mean you can't have a reliable source.

As a former journalist. If you cant show your sources, then it cant be believed. Covering your source, for legal reasons is one thing. But that usually does not carry any weight. When a source is named, then its believable. Plus a source that leaks info is either not a good source or is trying to gain something.

• Like 4

Just because you can't post a link doesn't mean you can't have a reliable source.

As a former journalist. If you cant show your sources, then it cant be believed. Covering your source, for legal reasons is one thing. But that usually does not carry any weight. When a source is named, then its believable. Plus a source that leaks info is either not a good source or is trying to gain something.

At my school plagiarism is a no no.

• Like 1

For people new to KIC: (or anyone who wants to read it)

I've seen a lot of new faces on KIC here recently so I thought i would put this together.

If you are getting upset with the replies your getting to what you've been saying. Don't worry. The community just kind of gives everyone a hard time that is new to the forum.

You must earn the communities trust, it's not that hard here is a couple things that will help get you going.

1. Don't say anything like you know what's going in for 2014, unless you have a true source and can prove it then go right ahead. (No i'm not trying to come across mean either)

2.Put a little time into your posts before you post them, we have a few grammar police that just might go banana's on you. Make sure most/everything you type that needs capitalized, is.

3. It might take a few months for the community to know who you are and ounce that happens, they tend to be a lot nicer and you will get more likes and such.

4. Don't start a "war" with another KIC member.

5. most importantly, have fun! Be yourself! Get to know your fellow KIC members, they may seem mean or scary (cough Terpy cough :rolleyes:) but their all a nice bunch of people!

Any questions about stuff don't be scared to talk to another KIC member, were glad to help!

In other news, when was track being brought in for DB?

So what your saying is there are neurotic people with no life on here with nothing better to do then whine and complain?

I do not want to get my source fired. I think that is a good reason to not disclose.