Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

It took ki 27 years to get a steel coaster from a major player (arrow dynamics does not count). Other paramount parks recieved b&m, intamin, & s&s' s. Ki is due for expansion of QUALITY rides.

"Major" coaster companies in definition change year by year. What you say is absolutely ridiculous and is driven by emotion, not thought or reason at all.

• Like 2

Ok, Big Sexy. I don`t know who you are, but I have been reading your posts for quite a while. I finally have to say some things.

First of all, the vibration on Diamondback, only occurs in a few certain spots on Diamondback, mainly where the track is directly attached to the foundation. This could be a result of the ride foundation not properly absorbing the vibrations caused by the train. It is NOT caused by inferior quality standards at Clermont Steel. Diamondback is still far smoother than even The Beast, hands down.

And why are you dis-crediting Arrow as a major player? Back in the 1980s and early 1990s, Arrow was THE steel coaster company. Look how many parks added their hyper coasters and steel loopers and suspended coasters, and mine train coasters. Name any major theme park that doesn`t have at least one Arrow ride. Not to mention that Arrow also made several of the log flumes, as well as the Antique Car rides that can be found at scores of parks.

Really? I highly doubt you threw your season pass at him in disgust and didn`t return until Diamondback. Seems pretty silly to me. Then again, most of your posts have been very contradictory and lacking any real sustenance. I wish some people would understand the industry and business and realize that parks do not cater to enthusiasts, and just because one ride addition isn`t the ride you wanted, does not mean that it is not good for the park from a business viewpoint. Remember, that all capital expense projects are there to try and attract more business to the park and in turn more revenues.

And yes, it took Kings Island a while to finally get a B&M ride in the park. I think that we have great things in store for us next season at Kings Island. I was at the park on Thursday, and think I have a pretty good idea of the layout as it is taking shape. I`m surprised no one has mentioned it yet...

• Like 32

I was at the anouncement for ijst in 2004. After jeff siebert announced it I threw my season pass in his face of disgust and did not return till Diamondback.

You're the reason he left for better places like Schlitterbahn and Six Flags Feista Texas. You're full of it, I don't believe you did that; he's a great guy. Italian Job is a fun little ride. Can someone kick Big Sexy out of here please? I'm tired of this.

• Like 13

Ok, Big Sexy. I don`t know who you are, but I have been reading your posts for quite a while. I finally have to say some things.

First of all, the vibration on Diamondback, only occurs in a few certain spots on Diamondback, mainly where the track is directly attached to the foundation. This could be a result of the ride foundation not properly absorbing the vibrations caused by the train. It is NOT caused by inferior quality standards at Clermont Steel. Diamondback is still far smoother than even The Beast, hands down.

And why are you dis-crediting Arrow as a major player? Back in the 1980s and early 1990s, Arrow was THE steel coaster company. Look how many parks added their hyper coasters and steel loopers and suspended coasters, and mine train coasters. Name any major theme park that doesn`t have at least one Arrow ride. Not to mention that Arrow also made several of the log flumes, as well as the Antique Car rides that can be found at scores of parks.

And yes, it took Kings Island a while to finally get a B&M ride in the park. I think that we have great things in store for us next season at Kings Island. I was at the park on Thursday, and think I have a pretty good idea of the layout as it is taking shape. I`m surprised no one has mentioned it yet...

If you haven't missed it, I have been saying intamin.

Are you that guy that looked like van wilder on beast crew in 04?

It took ki 27 years to get a steel coaster from a major player (arrow dynamics does not count). Other paramount parks recieved b&m, intamin, & s&s' s. Ki is due for expansion of QUALITY rides.

You say that S&S is a major player but Arrow isn't? Come on...

I have heard you saying Intamin (claiming to have seen track), and I`m calling you out right now saying that I highly doubt it is going to be Intamin. Cedar Fair, especially so far under Ouimet, seems quite pleased with B&M for their latest coaster installs.

If you have been on these boards for a while, you would know that I have NEVER worked at Kings Island, let alone on The Beast crew in any season. I have had summer employment at Coney Island in Cincinnati, where I have been a rides manager the last four seasons, and am in my 12th season with the park.

Others were absolutely right, when they said you were trolling. Just be careful with what you say and do. Too much trolling and utterly fictitious posts, and you just may disappear for a while...

• Like 13

I`m surprised no one has mentioned it yet...

I too have a feel for the layout.

P1010687_zps67f8056e.jpg

Oh wow I haven't seen this photo. I'll have to go and see this for myself. This is very interesting. Can I share this photo?

• Like 2

I`m surprised no one has mentioned it yet...

I too have a feel for the layout.P1010687_zps67f8056e.jpg
Oh wow I haven't seen this photo. I'll have to go and see this for myself. This is very interesting. Can I share this photo?
I see it too!
Sure, just say who you got it from: sonofbaconator aka Ethan Barnett

^
Hey...I was just wondering, I am having a bit of trouble "seeing" a layout like you guys are...can I get a hint? A crude paint/photoshop image? Something...?

Not trying to be rude or anything. Just legit confused here. :wacko:

• Like 2

^

Hey...I was just wondering, I am having a bit of trouble "seeing" a layout like you guys are...can I get a hint? A crude paint/photoshop image? Something...?

Not trying to be rude or anything. Just legit confused here. :wacko:

They don't see anything, its all a guessing game. I never worked on coaster projects but I know something about much bigger projects, including general foreman who were given a hand written picture of where footers go without ever seeing a blueprint or anything else. Cant give details or I would, even years later!
  • Like 2

I think we need to dig deeper into public records to find the answer we are all looking for. The answer is out there. If I knew where to look, I would do it myself.

Good luck my friend, you wont find anything until they want you to know. They know what there doing, its not there first Merry Go Round.

I think I just figured it out, I am looking at a bing map and drew out where the footers are heading. The triangle footers and what not, according to what I see, seem to have the first lift rise into coney mall and dip right in the field next to racer and FOF and then take a turn back to the old SOB land clearing. OMG this is exciting. This is just my opinion but looking at the footers and the direction this seems to be and this is the best possible scenario!

Actually looking at it more it seems that the dip may rise back up and the turn to go back to the cleared land may be by DA!