I thought this was odd...

Roarbot

Saw a link to this on Facebook today.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-s-new/2013-souvenir-bottle

Page includes this sentence. "Please Note: Bottles purchased in prior years are not eligible for discounted or free refills."

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means.

Does it mean I can't get my HUGE Diamondback cup refilled for $.99? Or that I can't get it refilled at all? Even for the normal $1.99...

I am confuse.

Take up energy shots instead.

Im married to a nurse,she did a research paper in college about energy shots,I would like to keep my heart pumping at a normal rate thank you! Decaf Ice tea with a bit of stevia is all I drink after water and one of the two other habits! Nothing illegal I might add!

• Like 1

Page includes this sentence. "Please Note: Bottles purchased in prior years are not eligible for discounted or free refills."

Does it mean I can't get my HUGE Diamondback cup refilled for $.99? Or that I can't get it refilled at all? Even for the normal $1.99...

I am confuse.

I'm sure that you can use the cups still, just not get the discount for the $.99 or the $1.99. The souvenir cups, are a limited time special (yearly) meaning they're redesigned each year.

• Like 1

I am confuse.

I'm sure that you can use the cups still, just not get the discount for the $.99 or the $1.99. The souvenir cups, are a limited time special (yearly) meaning they're redesigned each year.

You can't use the old cups anymore. You have to buy a new one, which is smaller than the ones from the past few seasons.

• Like 1

Guest Department47

^But the refill price is cheaper too, plus you get free refills on day of purchase.

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but the new bottles have a barcode on the bottom that employees will scan. This is so you don't claim you bought it "today" on each of your visits, nor attempt to use the same cup a different year (although I imagine the designs will also change from year-to-year).

• Like 1

^But the refill price is cheaper too, plus you get free refills on day of purchase.

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but the new bottles have a barcode on the bottom that employees will scan. This is so you don't claim you bought it "today" on each of your visits, nor attempt to use the same cup a different year (although I imagine the designs will also change from year-to-year).

On Saturday, I saw them giving out "wristbands" (which were actually wrapped around the cup itself rather than the guest's wrist) to indicate that the cup was purchased that day.

• Like 1

Guest Department47

^Perhaps I'm mistaken and the barcodes were actually on wristbands, not as part of the cup. My apologies.

Take up energy shots instead.

The last time someone at Kings Island took energy shots, that urgent care was packed and it looked like that wasn't the best idea.

• Like 7

I was bummed to carry in one of the old cups and not refill, but the new deal is pretty good. They're more expensive (since they're smaller ala Carowinds), but they refill free the day you buy it and .99 for the season. The smaller cup will be better from a melting-ice perspective (we seldom finished the old ones because it was deluted, warm, and not very good). Seems like a fair trade for those of us with passes. Kinda stinks that the cups we have from other parks we visited won't be good, but when you consider the price of a visit to a park 3-9 hours away, it's small potatoes.

Alas, no Dad souvenir cup yet (again, ala Carowinds) for adult beverages. :(

Speaking of drinks...whats with the no beer while in line rule? With the way you guys describe the lines these days,sounds like thats the perfect place to have one. At BG here,you buy a beer at any number of stands,and take it wherever you want.

• Like 1

I never drink in line because I know the rule,but I dont get the rule,especially when people are tailgating in the parking lot.You can party away in the parking lot but you cant sip on a drink while waiting in line for an hour? Somebody stacked their beer cans on my SUV last Haunt,their lucky I didnt catch them,security obviously didnt.

Speaking of drinks...whats with the no beer while in line rule? With the way you guys describe the lines these days,sounds like thats the perfect place to have one. At BG here,you buy a beer at any number of stands,and take it wherever you want.

It's a close proximity thing. You have your own personal space and can stick to it outside of the line. You're forced to wait in very close proximity to other guests while in line, and not all guests appreciate being exposed to it. Add in that people who are loopy tend to be a little bit more unruly, you get into being run into, stepped on, drinks spilled on, fights breaking out, line jumping - and fights over that, etc that can happen. Therefore - no alcohol in lines at Kings Island...period. Halloween Haunt or not, rules are rules - and no none of them change.

• Like 1

Does KI at least loosen up at hallloween? At HHN we have vampire nurses in fishnet stockings walking around selling shooters, as well as red jello vodka shots in IV bags. Lol

Kings Island actually gets more stringent on beer consumption policies during Halloween Haunt, one of which is the restriction of reentry after 7 (which ought to get interesting considering the new reentry method this year).

• Like 1

Does KI at least loosen up at hallloween? At HHN we have vampire nurses in fishnet stockings walking around selling shooters, as well as red jello vodka shots in IV bags. Lol

Kings Island actually gets more stringent on beer consumption policies during Halloween Haunt, one of which is the restriction of reentry after 7 (which ought to get interesting considering the new reentry method this year).

Still not allowed.