Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Just looked at the web cam again... SERIOUS fog going on up there right now lol I don't think they are going to be getting much more work done today or tomorrow because of the weather. Oh well, vertical loop is complete, so I'm content with that for now LOL

Don also did mention that perhaps some coaster clubs would be invited to media day for Banshee as well, so if KIC is in the running for one of those invites, no need to spoil things by trespassing like a certain other member did earlier this season.

Don said members of PAID coaster clubs will be invited. IE Coaster Crew, American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE), Great Ohio Coaster Club (GOCC).... KIC isn't a coaster club, but a fan site. I am sure Ryan and select others that help run KIC will be invited, but I don't think media day is going to be opened up to all KIC members.

kat, are you just viewing the webcam through the visitkingsisland page or are you right clicking and looking at the image directly? By opening the image in a new window, you get a much bigger picture of it.

I have been right clicking and looking at the image directly. Even then I usually still can't tell what's going on :P I'm not super observant most of the times

Just be patient Kat :D

Poor Kat is being reminded she is not patient.

I know!!! lol He's having fun with it, too, I know he is. I can't say I blame him for telling me to be patient constantly, seeing as how he has to wait A LOT longer to ride Banshee than I or most of the rest of us do :)

They are lifting the next support now.

How on earth can you see that with all that fog?? lol I sure as heck can't tell.

• Like 1

Sorry kat, but the next support is done, and the two pieces they had put together are in the air. lol

nice lol I didn't say they weren't put together, I just said I didn't see how that was going to work, but hey, they're the ones building the coaster, not me, so obviously they know what they're doing and I trust that they know what they're doing :)

Sorry kat, but the next support is done, and the two pieces they had put together are in the air. lol

nice lol I didn't say they weren't put together, I just said I didn't see how that was going to work, but hey, they're the ones building the coaster, not me, so obviously they know what they're doing and I trust that they know what they're doing :)

I was referring to how you said you were content with them just doing the loop today. ;-)

But, The fog is coming and going. Some times its clear enough to see. Sometimes it's not. lol

• Like 2

I was referring to how you said you were content with them just doing the loop today. ;-)

But, The fog is coming and going. Some times its clear enough to see. Sometimes it's not. lol

welp, looks like I can't be content today... they built more of the roller coaster :P just kidding :) I just didn't know if they were going to be able to get more done today between the fog and the rain, so if all they had gotten done was the vertical loop I would have been content with that. Not that being uncontent would do a bit of good....

Just be patient Kat :D

Poor Kat is being reminded she is not patient.

I know!!! lol He's having fun with it, too, I know he is. I can't say I blame him for telling me to be patient constantly, seeing as how he has to wait A LOT longer to ride Banshee than I or most of the rest of us do :)

I wonder if there is some kind of emergency loop hole we can come up with so he can return in April. If riding the Banshee is not an emergency, nothing is.

• Like 2

Fail, while they are at it, lets rename Vortex to King Corbra. Backlot to Screaming Demon.

But Vortex and King Cobra are drastically different coasters, ditto with Backlot Stunt Coaster and Screamin' Demon. Bat and Flight Deck, however, are both suspended roller coasters. Therefore, the renaming works in the nod-to-history sense. It also works in the "spooky" sense, as The Bat will neighbor Banshee. Renaming Vortex to King Cobra and Backlot Stunt Coaster to Screamin' Demon would make little sense, while renaming Flight Deck to The Bat is a clever idea that will give an old attraction new life, as well as tie the ride into the area better and probably give a small boost to merchandise sales.

Renaming great idea, I see your points, but what im saying is they promoted Banshee as a nod or a praise to removed coasters. They have the video of the tombstones, shows The Bat as one of the headstones. Kinda makes the who Banshee theme lame. That might be a stretch but it still doesnt make since.

Used my best judgment for today's update. From what I could seem from my web cam captures, they got 2 supports and 3 pieces of track installed

aJb567z.jpg

I don't think this ride is going to be vary reliable, that train has been sitting at the top of the hill since before track was there. I wish they would just fix the lift mechanisim and be done with it.

• Like 15