All time banshee rider?

jdf21972

Goble and disco...tldr

Too funny considering I typed it on mobile - and along with where this thread seems to be heading - what you may think is too long, don't read may be deemed too short by others to properly convey/understand what is trying to be said. Thanks to Goble for expanding on what I said - I wanted to expand more, but when I filled up the screen, I thought it was enough.

• Like 5

I second (or maybe third, I've lost track) the notion that marathonning a coaster is a perfectly valid form of entertainment if it's something you enjoy doing. I have met Gary Coleman, and he is one of the kindest people I've ever had the honor to meet. Very friendly and outgoing, and you can tell that he legitimately loves Diamondback and Kings Island as a whole. We had a long discussion on why we like our respective favorite coasters, and while each of our favorite coasters is near the bottom of the others' lists, it was a very insightful conversation. Everyone loves the things they love for a reason. I could ride Vortex all day. I'm probably somewhere around 100-150 rides on it and I still love it. This is partially because I love the Arrows and always have, but it was also the favorite ride of my best friend and long-time coaster buddy. When he passed away in a car wreck back in 2011, the mandatory ride on Vortex every time I visit KI gained new meaning for me. I ride Vortex as a tribute to my late friend. Our rides on Vortex are among the fondest memories I have, and while it is a very bittersweet ride for me because of the events it reminds me of, I have a special attachment to that ride specifically that I only hope nobody else can understand. I fall squarely in the camp who believes that if riding a roller coaster brings someone happiness, then who are we to complain? It's better than drugs or alcohol, and it can't possibly hurt anyone except perhaps the person doing all the riding.

• Like 9

I find the whole concept of tl:dr arrogant and offensive.

tl:dr... hmm.

EDIT: thanks, Google!

--

Does anyone else find acronyms to be really confusing from time to time still??

Even within the coaster community, I still have to stop and question which ride is being spoken about sometimes..

• Like 4

Well for hospital stuff there's no BLUF...Our notes follow SBAR/SOAPP notes for our encounters...

There's always a long doc written narrative "pleasure of seeing, Mrs. XXX, a pleasant xx/year old female who presents the clinic with xxx"

Wheras when I get notes, it's

Last Name, First Name, age, identifiers

Chief complaint,

Situation

Background

Assessment

Plan

OR

Subjective

Objective

Assessment

Plan

Prevention

Easy stuff

I already am, it's up there with best looking coasters so far.

Only thing I don't like so far is the lack of several angles to shoot and take pics of this ride..

I'd love to get shots from at the bottom of the ride, but that's only ganna happen off season or behind the scenes tours..Not like CP, you can get just about darn near every angle of everything for interesting shots. So all of us will have similar photography :P

• Like 1