What to expect on the last day of the season.

myklhicks

I've only ever been the last day of the season once or twice but was too young to care about the crowds. So I was wondering what to expect on the last day because I'm taking my brother for the first time in a year or two. So, light crowds, moderate, or packed?

Saturday will be crowded! Sunday after the rush to collect the bobble heads, it will not be as crowded. Another factor would be what the weather will be. If it is rainy and cold, expect not as large crowds. During October, there can be some cold, dreary rainy days, so check the weather forecast before you leave and bring your own rain gear, unless you want to buy them at the park and at their prices.

• Like 1

Well the way its's looking, the last day is going to be cold, This weekend we are in for a chance of flurries. Yes the horrible 4 letter word that start with "S"! So unless we get a warm-up next week, I would suggest bundling up and enjoy the lite crowds. Nothing like riding DB when it 50-55 degrees out. I've done that. lol

• Like 7

Expecting a very light day after 2, since the kids will have Halloween events. Just stay away from hallow a polluza at Soak City. That is just a crazy combined space of kids strollers and parents. :( sorry. I'm a parent of 3 and just glad mine are grown up in teenage years. Those crowds are ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 3

Yeah, everyone stay far away from Soak City where the kiddies are. Jr... who likes no lines for my 2 dollar grilled onion and peppered Italian sausage dog along with my 3 dollar funnel cake. I also enjoy petting zoos, even after when my kids grow up. Thank God I look younger than I am, many would think I was g-pa! :P

• Like 3

And the Terms of Service specifically prohibit one word posts.

Is there anything in the TOS that addresses excessive punctuation?

Not as far as I know, but also, to my knowledge, it does not prohibit such grammatical atrocities such as, for instance, excessive use of clauses, which, of course, should be divided, individually of course, by commas, but preferably, these would be separated by, say, semicolons, or even separate sentences, instead of commas.

• Like 5

Very busy day usually, lines reaching up into the 2-3 hour range of people attempting to get their last rides of the season in.

Joking, obviously, this will be fourth or fifth closing day in a row and I have had the best days of the year as far as crowds go. The only bummer is the limited hours of operation, 11-7 that day.

• Like 7

And the Terms of Service specifically prohibit one word posts.

Is there anything in the TOS that addresses excessive punctuation?

I don't know about excessive punctuation, but I do know there's something in there about excessive emoticons. I'm a very energetic "bubbly" person and have a tendency to over-use emoticons without really realizing it.... and one time I got a warning for using too many emoticons. I wasn't even trying to, it was just late and I was tired and slap happy :P needless to say I pay LOTS of attention to my use of emoticons in my posts now!

• Like 2

Yeah, everyone stay far away from Soak City where the kiddies are. Jr... who likes no lines for my 2 dollar grilled onion and peppered Italian sausage dog along with my 3 dollar funnel cake. I also enjoy petting zoos, even after when my kids grow up. Thank God I look younger than I am, many would think I was g-pa! :P

My fiance and I went over to kiddie land on Sunday to see the petting zoo and regretted it almost immediately!! The usual "gotta practically run with my jumbo stroller and pay no attention and nearly mow people down with my jumbo stroller" kind of parents, parents who have taught their children ZERO manners and let them just run loose and shove in front of people, and then there was a girl scout group of 7 girls and 2 supervisors. One supervisor wasn't paying any attention to the kids at all, and the other only paid attention long enough to make sure all 7 girls were there before moving on to the next animal. I heard her say "now there's a lot of people here so we have to make sure we all stick together" only to immediately stop paying attention to the girls and let them run loose and knock me out of the way and shove in front of us and step on my feet... :angry: I told my fiance "If you're having to constantly do a head count of all the kids to make sure they're all there after telling them they all have to stick together with you, clearly you're not doing a good job of chaperoning/supervising them!" We had to climb over the hay bales more than once just to be able to move on to see another animal because so many parents just let their kids run loose while they stood around playing with their phones and talking to each other and we kept getting cornered by wild kids! As soon as we'd get a clearing to move, we'd start to move and another group of wild kids would come in and block us!!

I know it's the kiddie area, and meant for the kids, but that still doesn't mean you should let your kid run loose unsupervised in a crowded area and not teach them basic manners like wait your turn and don't shove in front of people or step on their feet!!!

We weren't over there more than about 10 minutes before we got too frustrated with the uncontrolled kids and clueless parents and just left... I'm just glad I didn't have my camera with me, because I'm convinced it would have bonked some kid in the head and I would have gotten in a big argument with some clueless parent about my camera knocking some kid upside the head :P

• Like 6

My fiance and I went over to kiddie land on Sunday to see the petting zoo and regretted it almost immediately!! The usual "gotta practically run with my jumbo stroller and pay no attention and nearly mow people down with my jumbo stroller" kind of parents, parents who have taught their children ZERO manners and let them just run loose and shove in front of people, and then there was a girl scout group of 7 girls and 2 supervisors. One supervisor wasn't paying any attention to the kids at all, and the other only paid attention long enough to make sure all 7 girls were there before moving on to the next animal. I heard her say "now there's a lot of people here so we have to make sure we all stick together" only to immediately stop paying attention to the girls and let them run loose and knock me out of the way and shove in front of us and step on my feet... :angry: I told my fiance "If you're having to constantly do a head count of all the kids to make sure they're all there after telling them they all have to stick together with you, clearly you're not doing a good job of chaperoning/supervising them!" We had to climb over the hay bales more than once just to be able to move on to see another animal because so many parents just let their kids run loose while they stood around playing with their phones and talking to each other and we kept getting cornered by wild kids! As soon as we'd get a clearing to move, we'd start to move and another group of wild kids would come in and block us!!

I know it's the kiddie area, and meant for the kids, but that still doesn't mean you should let your kid run loose unsupervised in a crowded area and not teach them basic manners like wait your turn and don't shove in front of people or step on their feet!!!

We weren't over there more than about 10 minutes before we got too frustrated with the uncontrolled kids and clueless parents and just left... I'm just glad I didn't have my camera with me, because I'm convinced it would have bonked some kid in the head and I would have gotten in a big argument with some clueless parent about my camera knocking some kid upside the head :P

Sounds like you had a good time. :P My wife hates how crazy it gets over there too, I just keep my two kids in check and roll with it.

• Like 1