What do you think will be in side B of AT this yea

DegenRider

You know......I think a return of DOT would be great and all.....but I really think that they should make a Action Theater movie based on The Italian Job. I think that it would be really cool to run some of those chase scenes on a simulator...especially the one in the sewer system complete with a flying jump at the end, that would be really cool. Maybe they could even spice it up and add some in-theater effects like water sqirts and simulated gun-shots etc....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i have been hearing lately around Action Theatre, Side B really is getting Days Of Thunder. There are rumors floating around that the head manager of the ride department and even my supevisor have said something about it to the crew about it. I wasn't there but that's just what I have been hearing from my friends on the crew.

it's not that I dont believe you........ If your right, good for you. But it's just you register then post this HUGE rumor about something big coming, expecting us to think your moses or something with message from God.

It happening for me buddy-boy.

yogi-That rumor I posted about the giga coaster was actually an accident. I meant to put it, as a comment, in the already existing forum about new rides in 2005. Instead, being new to the site and not knowing all of the buttons and controls yet, I accidentally made a whole new forum about it. Sorry to everyone for this mistake, and please don't try to kill me over it.

I would love to see Days of Thunder back again, I remember when that ride first opened they had Nascars all over the place.ahhhh growing up with Kings Island was great.

I, too, would love to see Days of Thunder return. I'm the farthest thing from a Nascar fan, (I always thought the sport could use...cliffs! smile.gif ) but that movie really made good use of the motion seats.

I don't think so about that last one. Whenever I want to do the theatre, it's because I want to take a break from the coasters. Plus you can never recreate what it's like on a coaster without actually being on it in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what is going to be on side B of Action Theater. I'm the head sup there, and I can assure that we only have one 3-D side. I know what is going to be on the other side, but we were told not to tell. But if you come and ride on Memorial day weekend you'll find out.

I think that whatever we see will be cool. Is it my understanding that both sides of FXAT got upgrades done on the camera's and the seats too, with the newest available technology? I think I remember reading or hearing that somewhere, but I cannot for the life of me remember where. Maybe it was in the paper or something.

I having a feeling, based on comments that I have heard, that the movie in side B will probably be similar to the well recieved movie that started playing in the IMAX theater at Union Terminal recently. wink.gif

UM huh? Okay some of us dont pay attention to IMAX.Union Terminal where is that?

its not even an imax, its an omnimax. imax is completely different. Union Terminal is where the museum of natural history is. its a historic building off of I-75 outside of downtown. it used to be a train station, hence the "terminal" part of name.