Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Six Flags Woodie Bites It - Last ROAR on August 16th.

Featured Replies

It depends on how you look at it. If you enjoyed it, this would be bad news to you but you would have good memories in the ride. If you didn't like it you probably couldn't care less, and if they RMC it may well end up become a ride you enjoy.

Right name, wrong ride... I do wish Six Flags would give me a reason to want to go to SFA.

It may be my only option for a while.

Yep, they told me I'd be miserable for four more weeks, at least.

Is it August 13 yet?

Terp: Oh! I misunderstood that. You have my condolences. At least you'll be close to... um... The other Roar? For comparison?

 

RollerNut: If they announce anything else happening to Georgia Cyclone, I might cry.

If Roar does indeed receive an Iron Horse conversion, which wouldn't surprise me, wouldn't it be the first GCI to receive one?

[emoji19][emoji19]

And it wasn't even rough. Roar East would've been a better candidate cause that is way less enjoyable and rougher.

[emoji444]Another woodie bites the dust-ah![emoji444]

If not for Goliath already existing, I would be so, so scared for the American Eagle...

 

When your paint situation makes Racer look good, you have a very serious problem...

^
I'd still be slightly worried, because even if RMC isn't a realistic option, they could still demolish American Eagle. See what happened to Rolling Thunder @ NJFTP...

 

Not that I want this to happen though, but the way Six Flags has been dropping wooden coasters, it's very possible. And it scares me. :wacko:

^I rode it in 2006, did the topper track make it any smoother?

I only rode it after the Topper Track (can't remember if that was in 2012 or 2013, for some reason) but there was a definite difference between the Topper Tracked first drop and the rest of the ride. The TT portion rode like the average GCI.
  • Author

Talk about a heart attack when I scrolled upon this on Instagram when I also follow KI:

 

dzsGSY4l.jpg

 

DON'T DO THIS. 

 

Thank you.

 

WindingSon, cardiac expert.

That's hardly "The Beast", definitely not "The Beast".  It may be, however, "a beast" or "this beast".

 

Edit: There goes the auto-capitalizer.  The first quote was supposed to be "the" + " " + "beast" (lowercase).  :)

I feel that once all is said and done, Six will no longer have any Wooden Coasters to maintain.

 

If that helps them in the "Profits" area, I expect other parks to follow suit.

Terp: Oh! I misunderstood that. You have my condolences. At least you'll be close to... um... The other Roar? For comparison?

RollerNut: If they announce anything else happening to Georgia Cyclone, I might cry.

You still misunderstood it. Thankfully. Sorta.

We'll see.

I hope.

  • 5 weeks later...

^Six Flags has normally announced stuff for all their parks at the same time, at least going by the last several years.  Usually takes place in late August/early September. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.