Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

The post detail pretty much shows that its going to be a wood frame. It it was steel, they would do a bolt pattern and have the support post have a welded flange that went down over the bolts. These show a bracket that attaches to the footer then bolts through a rectangular post. No reason to do that with steel. That doesn't mean there won't be some steel supports, but looking at GCI's, I'd doubt it.

Really?? You might want to rethink that.

8366b72babb75991292a8e8c086fef35.jpg

White Lightning construction

Photo credit: Patrick210 from TPR forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

^Except your picture does not match that drawing. The drawing clearly shows concrete going left and right which would likely link with the next support.

I could be wrong but I think the section of concrete your talking about would be underground

958bfa25207bea854b57488f23ece504.jpgdbfeb377d0443422e060f7f0db5d9fb2.jpg the plans and the sports for Lighting Rod seem to match to me. But I have no inside information it's just my guess that's is a RMC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Plans for the supports DARN SPELL CHECK!!!

• Like 1

^Except your picture does not match that drawing. The drawing clearly shows concrete going left and right which would likely link with the next support.

Those are for footings that are on a grade. (Incline)

It's so they don't slide down a hill.

• Like 3

Just wanted to point out that during the WLWT interview, Don tells the news reporter when asked about the axe in his hand "something is going down in RiverTown and you will definitely need this axe". Not only does the axe he is carrying have the tag on it as sent to the news reporters, but it has something else wrapped around the head and handle. It looks to me to be long hair or strands of twine... Anyone else see it?

• Like 7

Ah yes... But there is more than that twine on the one Don is holding in the video. I'll find the link and BRB.

Edit: here is the link http://m.wlwt.com/news/kings-island-hints-at-new-ride-for-2017-peek-at-the-foundation-plans/40275856

Look closely at the axe.... Sasquatch hair? Or what?

Hmmm... might want to ask Jack about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Ah yes... But there is more than that twine on the one Don is holding in the video. I'll find the link and BRB.

Edit: here is the link http://m.wlwt.com/news/kings-island-hints-at-new-ride-for-2017-peek-at-the-foundation-plans/40275856

By golly that is Sasquatch hair. Absolutely. Seen it many times myself.

Messin with Sasquatch: The Ride. 90%

• Like 11

when I look at the twine / rope or what ever it is it makes me think of a tomahawk, or a single handed axe (hatchet) maybe we're thinking something more to a native American theme? in fact even just the twine makes me believe it's a native American theme.

Example: 

Native American

7713acc4bf99d65b57795fb935ec8731ca03.jpg

Kings Island tease

5fdc9e32896440783a337f73c0cc569d.jpg

• Like 6

just looked up the definition for Tomahawk and here's what I found, (via dictionary.com)

noun

a light ax used by the North American Indians as a weapon and tool.
any of various similar weapons or implements.
(in Australia) a stone hatchet used by the Aborigines.

• Like 2

I've ridden Banshee, Diamondback, and Fury, I love those rides, but every other B&M is just ehhhh, I have my opinions, you have yours

This is the best answer then this argument comes up. You're awesome.

• Like 2

By golly that is Sasquatch hair. Absolutely. Seen it many times myself.

Messin with Sasquatch: The Ride. 90%

Looks like Ohio Grass,man.

• Like 5