2024 Season Passes

KIfan73

Probably go on sale the same time that 2024 is announced (if there is any) - which history dictates should be soon.

Would be nice if they also posted the operating calendar at the time they go on sale because if they cut a lot of hours I may sit this one out. 

Also looking forward to seeing what Prestige benefits you get for the first week or two before the language on the web site is changed again. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Probably go on sale the same time that 2024 is announced (if there is any) - which history dictates should be soon.

Would be nice if they also posted the operating calendar at the time they go on sale because if they cut a lot of hours I may sit this one out. 

Also looking forward to seeing what Prestige benefits you get for the first week or two before the language on the web site is changed again. 

Why bother looking at the calendar, terms and conditions are subject to change at the parks discretion :D

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Yeah right lol.  When was the last time you sat out a year at KI? 

Don't be petty over something like reduced hours and watering down benefits :P 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Yeah right lol.  When was the last time you sat out a year at KI? 

Don't be petty over something like reduced hours and watering down benefits :P 

For the record, I’m at about 25% of the visits that I had last year. Don’t threaten me. :P

IMG_7260.jpeg

Assuming KI has the same pricing convention, that would mean than the Prestige+ equivalent will be $450!!!

$450 for Platinum + free tap water**

If you pay that then I have a bridge to sell you.

**Free tap water not guaranteed outside of your home park. Benefits listed at the time of purchase are not guaranteed. Call your local park before each visit to inquire about which benefits have been taken away this week. Enhanced Pass Perks will be promised but not delivered. No refunds. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

For the record, I’m at about 25% of the visits that I had last year. Don’t threaten me. :P

IMG_7260.jpeg

Assuming KI has the same pricing convention, that would mean than the Prestige+ equivalent will be $450!!!

**Free tap water not guaranteed outside of your home park. Benefits listed at the time of purchase are not guaranteed. Call your local park before each visit to inquire about which benefits have been taken away this week. Enhanced Pass Perks will be promised but not delivered. No refunds. 

Or $199* for the Platinum-equivalent...

*plus taxes, processing fees :rolleyes:, add-ons, etc.

19 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

IMG_7260.jpeg

So your cost per visit is higher than past years for the privilege of coolor water lol.  Gonna Prestige next year lol

10 minutes ago, jsus said:

Or $199* for the Platinum-equivalent...

*plus taxes, processing fees :rolleyes:, add-ons, etc.

I feel like I paid $230-250ish for Platinum last time I bought one. Why make the Platinum cheaper but make the Bait-N-Switch pass more expensive?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I feel like I paid $230-250ish for Platinum last time I bought one. Why make the Platinum cheaper but make the Bait-N-Switch pass more expensive?

Because some people just hand CF their credit card and tell them to take whatever they think is fair :P

And others won't read the options and purchase prestige thinking that is the new platinum and be forced to buy the passport at higher costs next year when they find that out going up to CP with their Prestige to only be denied for not having the passport add-on lol

4 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Because some people just hand CF their credit card and tell them to take whatever they think is fair :P

I was one of those people. 

This is the most unethical thing they’ve done and I feel betrayed.

I’m no longer one of those people.

If the online sentiment is any indication (who knows if it will be?) then many others feel the way that I do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I was one of those people. 

This is the most unethical thing they’ve done and I feel betrayed.

I’m no longer one of those people.

If the online sentiment is any indication (who knows if it will be?) then many others feel the way that I do. 

Yeah and yet many will still renew and buy.  Every year we hear people say they aren't gonna buy a pass or meal plan and at the end of the day they end up buying lol

34 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

IMG_7260.jpeg

This is me. I’m at less than half of my visits from prior years and to be completely honest I’m not getting the same enjoyment this year as I did in prior years. 

Have all the add-ons, Fast Lane, meal, drink, prestige. Just feels like they took my money and flipped me the bird after they did.

Reduced operating hours. Reduced, slower ride ops. Poorer food quality and options. Not seeing much reason to renew right now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Yeah and yet many will still renew and buy.  Every year we hear people say they aren't gonna buy a pass or meal plan and at the end of the day they end up buying lol

Cool. Let’s hope they bank on that when they are in an environment where they REALLY need cash flow and people are weary about the economy. 

Do what you want and they’ll still buy it anyway works.

Until it doesn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Right?

Almost as if they don't want you to choose "Prestige"...  How can they put those two side by side where "Prestige" is 225% more than the cost of Gold, and "Prestige" Passport is 25% more?  Where's the value proposition?

2 minutes ago, jsus said:

Right?

Almost as if they don't want you to choose "Prestige"...  How can they put those two side by side where "Prestige" is 225% more than the cost of Gold, and "Prestige" Passport is 25% more?  Where's the value proposition?

In their defense, it is really good tap water. 

• Haha 2

Just now, BoddaH1994 said:

In their defense, it is really good tap water. 

Especially with the extra minerals added in  from banging the bags of ice on the ground and then dumping them in with unsanitized hands lol.

Oh yeah and then the rare treat when they add some lemon chunks in lol

Tasty.

• Haha 1

I may be making something out of nothing:

IMG_7272.pngIMG_7273.png

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/2022/guide-to-2023-season-passes?fbclid=PAAaYXI78Bd4R8_Ojra7c-HVqF87D-BOPSfDBgXO7Aunr1ys1eqdSNJ9IGfjA_aem_AXEwMZMukj5izPvbBtIyK3IBBTN7qvTkEZ8hy8YHJzDKndx0Hp9rrsiJm58LpVqXf3k

This lists a 10% discount for food, bev and merchandise for Gold. For Prestige, it only lists a 15% discount food and bev. Does Prestige no longer get a 15% discount on merchandise?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I may be making something out of nothing:

IMG_7272.pngIMG_7273.png

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/2022/guide-to-2023-season-passes?fbclid=PAAaYXI78Bd4R8_Ojra7c-HVqF87D-BOPSfDBgXO7Aunr1ys1eqdSNJ9IGfjA_aem_AXEwMZMukj5izPvbBtIyK3IBBTN7qvTkEZ8hy8YHJzDKndx0Hp9rrsiJm58LpVqXf3k

This lists a 10% discount for food, bev and merchandise for Gold. For Prestige, it only lists a 15% discount food and bev. Does Prestige no longer get a 15% discount on merchandise?

Better buy your Top Thrill 2 merch this year lol

16 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

No they didn't. You were referencing a blog post from a year ago rather than their season pass page. 

Weird how a blog post from a year ago has 2024 in the headline… and still doesn’t have the language about 15% off merchandise in the benefits list.

Here’s the link once again:

The language in the actual purchase page was updated to include the 15% after I made the post. 

11 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The language in the actual purchase page was updated to include the 15% after I made the post. 

It's always listed "15% Food & Merchandise" discounts on the actual season pass page as far as I can recall, and your previous post showing screenshots from the blog doesn't contradict that.