Epcot Flower & Garden Festival, Seaworld Orlando. 3/5 - 3/09

Tr0y

Late post, here is my trip report for my most recent trip to Orlando. I arrived in Orlando and spent the first day getting settled in. The next day I visited Epcot for their Flower and Garden Festival. 

As far as the Flower and Garden Festival goes, the food was as one would expect from Disney. The decorations and gardening around the park to match the theme of the festival was much better than what they did for Christmas. 

The following day I taken a break from amusement parks and enjoyed an ECHL game of the Jacksonville Icemen vs the Orlando Solar Bears. Being an interstate matchup made for great play and scuffles. ;) 

One thing I really enjoyed about this matchup was not having any emotional attachment to either team. Therefor there was no stress on my end. I highly suggest anyone who has a love for any sport to do the same. 

The day before my flight out, I spent the day at Seaworld Orlando and participated in the Seven Seas Food Festival.

Between the 40% discount voucher for merchandise, free feeding tray for the sharks, and a single use quick queue that I got to use this visit. Seaworld & Busch Gardens go to great lengths to show appreciation to their passholders. This was even further exemplified when they provided an additional 3 tastings to pass members who participated in the festival.

For the festival one thing I've noticed as a change from this year from the previous is they increased the portions and provided a better variety of food options. My favorite meal by far was the Moroccan lamp chops, with garlic mashed potatoes and tzatziki sauce.

Overall, this was a great trip to get out of the cold weather of Ohio. 

IMG_3057.jpeg

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_3085.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3089.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg

IMG_3091.jpeg

• Like 1

I was there a few days before Flower and Garden started, but they had most of the decorations out, including many of the topiaries. I'm trying to decide if they're really so good that they're unbelievable, or they're simply not real. I honestly can't tell.

IMG_0203.jpegIMG_0201.jpegIMG_0238.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I was there a few days before Flower and Garden started, but they had most of the decorations out, including many of the topiaries. I'm trying to decide if they're really so good that they're unbelievable, or they're simply not real. I honestly can't tell.

IMG_0203.jpegIMG_0201.jpegIMG_0238.jpeg

If this were KI, the guests would have that figured out in no time as they climbed all over them at mommy's direction to get a cute photo...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The topiaries are real.  The shapes are done using a steel wire mesh frame.  Then that is filled with Sphagnum moss, which is what gives them their name, Sphagnum Topiary.  That moss acts like soil and is how the plants grow.  The color and texture is done by growing specific plants in different areas.

Part of the reason the Disney ones look so good is they have a full team who takes care of them and touches them up and trims them if needed every night.  Because of how they are made they can just be picked up and moved around.  That allows them to grow them in greenhouses then just move them out for the festival.

I’ve been meaning to catch an Orlando Solar Bears game myself, but have just never gotten around to it. I’m glad to hear you found it a fun time.

I used to love the minor league Columbus Chill games at the (awful) old fairgrounds arena—it was small and cheap and a very good time. I like Blue Jackets games too…but they don’t have that old feel of the Chill games.

• Like 1