Is Invertigo down for the rest of the season?

37 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

We're in a new era, remember the last removal (Vortex) didn't give us a new ride.

Plus if we get a new coaster in the Invertigo spot, then The Vortex spot will remain empty for a number of more years.  Hard to believe it's already been almost 5 years now.

• Like 1

What I'm curious about is what happened to Invertigo to warrant this extended closure with no explanation? It seemingly was running fine in the early part of the season and then started experiencing major downtime resulting in it just being blocked off and closed for a few weeks now.... I really hope that this isn't the end for it. We need it at least until Vortex has been replaced. 

• Like 1

A similar thing happened somewhere in the mid 2010s when The Vortex chain snapped and they were waiting on a new one resulting in the ride being closed nearly the entire summer. But at least with that one, somehow everyone seemed to know it was the chain. Not sure if there was news coverage of the fact the chain broke or if the park made an announcement. I was too young to remember if there was an official announcement but I distinctly remember everyone in the park and all the ops talking about it so it was definitely not a secret 

On 7/20/2024 at 9:39 AM, johnjniehaus said:

A similar thing happened somewhere in the mid 2010s when The Vortex chain snapped and they were waiting on a new one resulting in the ride being closed nearly the entire summer. But at least with that one, somehow everyone seemed to know it was the chain. Not sure if there was news coverage of the fact the chain broke or if the park made an announcement. I was too young to remember if there was an official announcement but I distinctly remember everyone in the park and all the ops talking about it so it was definitely not a secret 

I distinctly remember this. I believe the year was 2011 and I went to the park for the first time that year before the ride closed down and went back later and was distraught it was closed for an extended period of time since it was my favorite ride at the park at the time

I have heard the park is waiting on a part as well

• Like 1

If it is indeed a part they are waiting on, I imagine it might be taking a bit longer since Vekoma would probably have to fabricate a new part from start to finish. With the Invertigo model not being a common ride, I have a hard time imagining them having a readily available part on hand to ship out. Just a guess of course. 

I was able to get my first ride on Invertigo tonight since the ACE Spring Conference and it was the smoothest, hands down best ride I've ever had on that coaster. Not once did it bang my head and it delivered two grey out moments. By far the most intense coaster in the park! Not sure why the ride was so smooth tonight but if it ran like that all the time, it would easily move several spots ahead in my rankings. Its so great seeing it back in operation as I never realized how much I missed it until it was closed for a few weeks. Walking up to the park and watching it, riding Congo falls and watching it, riding Drop Tower and watching it, and of course standing in line for it watching it zoom above and past you in the station! If/when it is removed sometime in the future I genuinely will miss it. I really want to try and ride it again before the summer season is over. Curious if it'll be super smooth a second time...

• Like 1