Wrath of Rakshasa

So first of all I love the name! Wrath of Rakshasa is unique and grabs my attention. Second, I know some fans of Great America who really wanted a dive so I'm sure they are super stoked! I also know some Great America fans who did not want a dive but I think they might be willing to come around based on the fact they did not get a dr diabolical clone but rather got a unique layout that actually does break 2 dive coaster records. Great America already has so many cloned coasters that it's really good to see them get another original layout. 

So I thought for sure they would take out the go karts at the end of the season to make more space for the new coaster but according to the video it doesn't appear the layout goes into that area at all which is very impressive that they fit a mini dive into a spot formerly occupied by a water ride and a haunt attraction. I noticed as I'm sure others have there's no mid course during the layout which leads me to believe those final elements are going to slap! I think this coaster should be high capacity which is what Great America needs seeing as their most recent coasters (Maxxforce and Joker) are both abysmal in terms of capacity. I'm a coaster enthusiast so I have to critique something and that minor thing is the paint color scheme. Not sure what I was expecting but yellow and blue is not what I imagined a coaster themed to the wrath of a demonic creature to be... I understand you can't just reuse demon's colors but blue is not "scary" or "dark" or "foreboding" as a color and the yellow is meh. Still going to be a great ride but the color scheme almost looks "happy" instead of "wrathful". Can't wait to get on this! 

Also Six Flags, please please please please have this ready by memorial Day day at the lastest... opening day is preferred. Please do not open another new ride in the middle of July or even worse delay it until 2026. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

That's funny, my first thought was that the color scheme was great. It's a rare combination, and the colors are pleasing to the eye. To each their own.

Glad you like it! It's definitely different than anything else in the park which means it'll stand out (which is a good thing). Just based on all the teaser and promo material I never thought I was going to wake up to an announcement of a blue rollercoaster. 

• Like 1

I saw a video from an obvious Six Flags Great America fan, complaining about how this is a good coaster, but not a great one. I countered by saying that only enthusiasts would complain about a record breaking coaster and call it a mid coaster. I do know that many of their coasters are clones that can be found elsewhere. This looks very unique. What I found interesting is that the person who was sharing their opinion on YouTube contradicted themselves stating that they are fun, but they only like the drop and everything else after is very meh. I'm sorry, but how can it be fun and the only part you like is the drop? There is not a coaster in existence that I would consider fun due to only the drop. I would take the exact opposite stance. If I only like the drop, then it was not in fact a fun coaster.

Personally, this makes me want to visit Great America for the 1st time. I have thought about it since I have not been to any Six Flags park. 

5 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

Now I'm curious... what do you think is better about the minis vs the full scale?

I prefer minis over the larger ones because there's no mid-course brake run and the elements are generally tighter and more forceful 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KIBeast said:

I saw a video from an obvious Six Flags Great America fan, complaining about how this is a good coaster, but not a great one. I countered by saying that only enthusiasts would complain about a record breaking coaster and call it a mid coaster. I do know that many of their coasters are clones that can be found elsewhere. This looks very unique. What I found interesting is that the person who was sharing their opinion on YouTube contradicted themselves stating that they are fun, but they only like the drop and everything else after is very meh. I'm sorry, but how can it be fun and the only part you like is the drop? There is not a coaster in existence that I would consider fun due to only the drop. I would take the exact opposite stance. If I only like the drop, then it was not in fact a fun coaster.

Personally, this makes me want to visit Great America for the 1st time. I have thought about it since I have not been to any Six Flags park. 

I saw the same video. I have a friend who's home park is great America and she was really hoping it wasn't a dive but after the announcement she has definitely got more enthusiastic because of the fact there's no mid course and that it's an original layout. She was really afraid they were going to get yet another cloned layout. 

Also, you should seriously visit SFGA. I really love that park. They have some good coasters and whole nothing there is elite to me, that doesn't mean they don't have a diverse lineup that is really fun. They also have some really good flat rides that you shouldn't miss! Fiddler's Fling is one of the wildest spinning flats I've ever been on and their "monster" is a Schwarzkopf model called the lobster and it spins like crazy! It's been closed most of this season but they also have a very rare HUSS Condor! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

Now I'm curious... what do you think is better about the minis vs the full scale?

A few things:

1. Track width: 8 and 10 seater trains require a wider track width in order to accommodate wider trains- mini dives use track that’s closer to the standard B&M gauge. At minimum an 8 seater standard dive train can hold 24 riders- a mini dive can hold a max of 21 riders with a smaller track. That’s gotta save money somewhere.
  2. Closer to a traditional looper: a lot of the larger dives feature large drawn out elements to burn off the speed of a 200ft+ drop. Not only that but the point of your standard dive is to be large and intimidating. A mini dive isn’t as tall but it can make up for that elsewhere. Track that isn’t being used for the lift hill or drop can be used to create more elements.

Basically, a mini dive is somewhat of a hybrid between your standard B&M dive and a traditional looper: you get the holding break, train style, and 90+ degree drop of a dive but you get the layout of a traditional looper.

TL;DR: Less is more.

• Like 4