Phantom Theater Haunt Idea

BryanJay

Untitled4005_20240828144453.png

I currently have been hyperfixating on both Phantom Theater and Haunted Houses (mostly like Universal’s Horror Nights houses bc there’s no new ones at Haunt), so naturally I’ve been thinking on how to combine the two. Here’s my concept for a Phantom Theater themed Haunt house, inspired by elements of the Universal houses. I feel like the Haunt houses at Kings Island could benefit from more storytelling (something they’ve improved upon with Hotel St. Michelle and some elements of Alien Abyss).   

I don’t necessarily know if a Phantom Theater house would be the best direction for Haunt (If it’s too scary it would taint the IP in children’s minds, and a well-themed house would likely be a large enough investment that they would want it to be around for several years, potentially delaying any plans for an attraction return), but I’m also a sucker for an old ride returning through a Haunt (See Dueling Dragons at HHN). The following is my very rant-y concept for a PT house:  

The basic plot is that the house would vaguely be an origin story for how each of the performers from the attraction died (Yes I know in the original ride they’re not canonically ghosts but shhhh). Some scare aspects for this idea are taken from the Universal Haunts, so after each I’ll put a video link and time stamp for what I envision with it, warning for gore in some. 

Facade:Untitled2641_20231012235556.png

The house entrance would be a recreation of the original attraction facade. Organ music is heard in the guest waiting area, with occasional snippets from the original Maestro queue recording. Before entering the house, an usher (perhaps Broken-Neck Nicki) explains the safety information and a brief explanation of the house’s plot 

Room 1: Theater Entrance 

A Candle lit lobby with torn curtains scattered around the walls. The queue posters from the original attraction would be displayed as well. A scareactor dressed as Maestro pops out of a curtain. “So you wanted to see the theater, did ya?” (1:17 https://youtu.be/-AhvQ-TJPdE?si=zVBwL88aL09T_EWY) 

Room 2: Hallway

A long hallway with the dressing room doors from the ride. A Willard Warbler actor would abruptly slam a door open and shout at the guest. “Oh dear, close that door!” At the end of the hall, what is seemingly a mirror would ‘break’, with Larry the Usher popping out. (1:07 https://youtu.be/-AhvQ-TJPdE?si=zVBwL88aL09T_EWY)

Room 3: Houdelini’s Rehersal Room

A Houdelini actor pulls his demonic rabbit out of the hat. Turning to a corner, a short hallway is filled with bodies being mutilated by the magic equipment. Included is a sawed in-half Larry still in the box. A sculpture of the rabbit is seen mauling on Houdelini at the end of the hall. 

Room 4: Hilda Bovine Rehearsal Room 

A dark room with scattered wooden beams blocks the field of view. Rotting skeletons dressed as Vikings would be scattered across the room, along with props such as shields and music sheets. Hilda pops out from a hidden curtain and screams. “AAHHH!!”

Room 5: Backstage 

A room filled with hanging theater sandbags that the guests have to walk through. A scareactor of one of the stagehands pops out, with a corpse caught hanging in the ropes next to him. At the end of the hallway is an electrical panel, which an electrified Gus the stage manager jumps out next to, shining a flashlight in the guest’s eyes. “The backstage is for performers only!” 

Room 6: The Great Garbanzo Rehearsal Room

An extension of the backstage area, a cannon set next to guests fires smoke, seemingly into the ceiling. An actor dressed as The Great Garbanzo then jumps out, manically laughing.

Room 7: Balcony Hallway

A thin corridor with green walls. At the end sits No Legs Larry (either a live scareactor using a mirror effect, or just a prop), leading guest into the theater. “The show is just about to begin!” 

Room 8: Stage

Guests walk across the stage filled with smoke. (1:54 https://youtu.be/u6xMv74SUBY?si=64JaPAl5DD6vtcME) A Lionel Burymore actor would pop out next to a castle facade, with stab marks clearly visible on his chest. Mannequins would be set up across the room dressed as Houdelini, Hilda, Garbonzo, Willard Warbler, and several theater-goers. A Maestro actor would be seen in the center, playing his organ. (1:21

Room 9: Prop Room

Guest would enter the prop room, filled with references to the original attraction and leftover props from random past houses. A Mummy scareactor would emerge out of the original sarcophagus prop, with a rat puppet also being used. 

Room 10: Boiler Room

A collapsed wall in the prop room would lead into the boiler room. Pipes and crates would be scattered across the room, with the original furnace moved over from Slaughterhouse. A heat effect would blast guests as they crossed, with two scareactors dressed as the boiler-men. “How about some heat?” Guests would turn into a final corner, with a final Maestro jumpscare at the exit of the house. “You’ll be back! You’ll be baaaack!”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I feel like it is also considered a family attraction, so would turning it into an adult haunt attraction be in the best interest for the park. I feel like also if they were to ever bring back phantom theater this would only hurt the ride because it is family ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk