Idiot of the Day Award

BoddaH1994

I was just watching NBC news (the local one) and it had the speal about a guy who went to PKI, complained about poor service and they offered him free tickets. When he went to pick up the comp tickets, the word "wussy" was hand-written on the envelope. Now, get this: he's blaming the guy who dealt with him at GR... but he called up there to compain. His name is something like Lusby, which I supposed could be heard over the phone as "Wussy" (Heck, I had a teacher a couple of years ago named Weiner). So what does he do? He calls Target 5 and wasted their time (although obviously they don't realize that), and he wasted the viewers' time as well. They had a comment from Jeff saying that they're trying to get to the bottom of this so it won't happen again, and offered him free tickets. He still seems to be mad about it, but the verdict, according to Channel 5, is that the case was closed.

So anyway, I'll try to get you a text copy of the report, but I want to close saying thank you. Thank you Mr. Lusby (or whatever). You walked into a place that has entertained millions of people, naturalized foreign men women and children into Americans, donated countless dollars to countless orginizations through PKI Cares, opened its doors to the hurricane victims, almost entirely funds the Kings schools district through its tax revenue, and has been an advocate to the people of Cincinnati... thank you for making that place look bad... wussy.

user posted image

laugh.gif

I hope the guy sees this... Yeah it is easy to not get what people are saying on the phones - especially PKIs phones. They aren't the highest quality! laugh.gif

I don't think that the park employee would do something like that out of retribution. And I am sure that Guest Relations didn't call Admissions and tell them - put Wussy on the envelope. I'm sure it was just a big mixup. But the fact that the guy whined that much - definately confirms that he is indeed a WUSSY! laugh.gif

(Heck, I had a teacher a couple of years ago named Weiner).

LOL laugh.gif

UGH..sorry..any way I agree..

So anyway, I'll try to get you a text copy of the report, but I want to close saying thank you. Thank you Mr. Lusby (or whatever). You walked into a place that has entertained millions of people, naturalized foreign men women and children into Americans, donated countless dollars to countless orginizations through PKI Cares, opened its doors to the hurricane victims, almost entirely funds the Kings schools district through its tax revenue, and has been an advocate to the people of Cincinnati... thank you for making that place look bad... wussy.

I couldnt have said it better myself! so many wussies so little time! laugh.gif

I wub.gif PKI!

All local news around here absolutely sucks. Theyre all jokes. Atleast the WB local news is somewhat respectable. All the "target 5" and "I team" bull s**t. Give me a break, report some real news. Fox news is the worst here, theyre on for an entire hour and cover so many USELESS stories.

I do agree with you on that one all the news stinks in cincinnati.

Hmmm... Cincinnati local news focusing in on some misunderstood audible message again, hmm? I guess they couldn't stir up enough passion when they kept running that video of the tired Cincinnati cop saying "I'm going to go lock up the new guy.", trying to make us think that he said something racist. I think they're bored. They should stick to the good news...like the Bengals being 3-0 Baby! Wooooohooo!

You know, I have to wonder something: The park has been closed since Labor Day. It's been private parties with all the big companies coming in since... so is this guy one of the guests that came in with a company? Or did it really take this long for him to get the tickets from the park? He might have come on a day that was sold out, and the public couldn't come in and got even more ****ed? Who knows... this isn't something to whine to the news about though. What a wussy! Chalk it up to a simple mistake and leave it alone.

Then again, when you read about the story, you have to put yourself in the guy's shoes.

You are a guest who has spent hundreds for his family for a day of amusement at Kings Island, and in turn, expect things to go well, with all the rides open and quick moving lines, and most importantly, good customer service.

Unfortunately, they don't deliver on those expectations, you're a bit upset, and you let them know at guest relations. To try to get you to come back, they offer you six tickets at no charge.

When you pick up the tickets with your name on the envelope, you see that they misspelled your name, and the misspelling happens to be slang for "weak, timid or unmanly." Now you're ****ed.

Now, this wasn't exactly one of the top news stories in Cincinnati, and the Target 5 segment is often placed later on in the newscast... so probably the "Wussy" here is "Tom Sussi." Or maybe the PKI employee for not double-checking the guest's name.

I wouldn't call this guest the 'Idiot of the day."

My $0.02.

You are a guest who has spent hundreds for his family for a day of amusement at Kings Island, and in turn, expect things to go well, with all the rides open and quick moving lines, and most importantly, good customer service.

(and even more importantly, the park to be open) tongue.gif

Reminds me of one Clark Griswold's trip to Wally World.

Makes ya think. At least this guy didn't pull a Clark and hold the place up.

All I have to say is that people need to get a darn life. I mean, come on. There is no reason once so ever to call the "New's 5 Action Team" to have them fight for you, esp if you are getting free tickets. Use common sense and think that they mispelt your name. It happens, trust me. I am in the same business. It's half his fault for not spelling it out in the 1st place. And this happen back in May?!?!? Why are you bringing it up now?! GET A LIFE WUSSY!!!!

It's half his fault for not spelling it out in the 1st place. And this happen back in May?!?!? Why are you bringing it up now?! GET A LIFE WUSSY!!!!

Let me see? It's the customers fault for the person at Guest Relations not understanding or asking for clarification of the names spelling. I'm really trying to grasp this one and understand it. I think I have it though - if the person in Guest Relations has no experience with customer service, I can see that it may be partially the customers fault. No, No - even then it's not even half his fault.

IF the Customer knows his name is hard to spell, he should then give out the spelling. No matter how good the GR rep was. yes, the GR rep should have asked for the spelling, but the Customer should have also just gave out the spelling. It would have been the correct thing to do for both parties.

IF the Customer knows his name is hard to spell, he should then give out the spelling. No matter how good the GR rep was. yes, the GR rep should have asked for the spelling, but the Customer should have also just gave out the spelling. It would have been the correct thing to do for both parties.

I'm thinking that most people do not have difficulty spelling their own names. Part of working in customer services in general and in Guest Relations in specific is knowing how to deal with and understand the public. It is not "the publics" issue that a Guest Relations Rep has trouble understanding. It is the Guest Relations Reps job to ask for clarification. When I was employed at the park, we had a course called "Service Excellence." It was training regarding what takes your customer service skills from merely passable to outstanding. We went over senarios about what to do if someone buys food and drops it on a patio. What would happen if someone lost a ball cap that they had worn on The Racer and a variety of things like that. Asking a name spelling is such a no brainer that I can't believe that Guest Relations is now letting this one slip by. I'm thinking that this rep either did not participate in such a course or was asleep during the training.

Well, with my last name, which has to be the easiest last name ever, people still can't, for what ever reason, spell it. I have to tell them exactly how to spell by adding the word w/ it, IE "A as in apple", "C as in Cat", etc... They still get it wrong. They both (the customer and the rep) were wrong in this case, but he is crying over tickets which we think he got back in may. It's not worth it.