NU Construction Photos 2/9/06

BoddaH1994

D@mn this makes me sick I used to love Hanna-Barbera Land that was the main reason I would go to the park..even as an adult now I would go with the kids into Hanna-Barbera Land just for the view and the memories I had in Hanna-Barbera Land and making new memories with my kids.

I think its funny I have been a LONG time reader and you all act like nick is what all kids watch I can tell you thats wrong my kids would rather watch scooby doo than spongebob and would rather watch the flintstones than fairly oddparents ..just saying Nick isnt the only form of kids/family entertainment out there. My kids watch a lot of Boomerang and Disney they hardly ever watch nick if they do they are watching spongebob or rugrats hey its there choice I dont force them to watch boomerang or disney they chose to all kids are different.

But I will never forget goin to Kings Island and getting my picture with Fred Flintstone,Barney Rubble, and Dino and getting hugs from Yogi Bear,Astro,George Jetson,Captain Caveman.

Those were the days...

....of course I hope you realize that there's a Hanna-Barbera movie ride in store for this year at the Action FX Theater?

It's called The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, and it was originally at Universal Orlando from 1990-2002 before they got rid of it and replaced it with The Craptasctic Ride feat. Jimmy Neutron and Nickelodeon (pun intended tongue.gif).

Other than that, I watch more Hanna-Barbera stuff than Nick stuff (even though Boomerang and Nicktoons Network are my two favorite channels), but I'm still hyped up for Nick Universe as much as the next guy is.

But, one question.....

.....where is my CRASH COURSE BOATING SCHOOL?! censored.gif

Legend Rider, Son of Beast opened April 28, 2ooo, but it only stayed open parts of two days, before closing for repairs and maintenance. On Friday, the 'media opening,' such as it was, it ran for the media, then a couple of hours that night. Saturday morning, after about ten trainloads of riders (it was running one train), it closed for the day, and for what ended up being weeks.

Yes. Son of Beast opened on April 28th. The park opened to the public that night at 5, and Son of Beast did not open until around 7:15. I was fortunate to be on about the fifth train after it opened. Yes, they shut down the ride due to a severe roough spot. The ride reopened in the middle of May. The ride remained with one train operation until the end of June or early July. The park has been somewhat gun shy about large installations, because of their troubles with Son of Beast.

You'll be able to say, "Son, One Day we had in this area cobble stone path, trees and ACTUAL Rides That were more than just at Carnivals." He'll say, "Uncle Scotty that just seems like a dream." You'll say, "Yes, but then all dreams must come to an end." He'll say, "Uncle Scotty, why did they do this?" And that is your opportunity to say, "Just say no to drugs!" <G>

You'll be able to say, "Son, One Day we had in this area cobble stone path, trees and ACTUAL Rides That were more than just at Carnivals." He'll say, "Uncle Scotty that just seems like a dream." You'll say, "Yes, but then all dreams must come to an end." He'll say, "Uncle Scotty, why did they do this?" And that is your opportunity to say, "Just say no to drugs!" <G>

Why do you keep knocking the fact that the rides can be trailer mounted? Almost every flat ride in existance has the ability to do that.

"Just say not to drugs" LMAO

Seriously people are disappointed because one, Jeff said it would be something tremendous, obviously with what ride we know are coming nothing is knocking me over also with the lack of work done so far there will doubtfully be any great themeing, not much time left.

2nd Jeff is gone. I know I know Maureen is still here, but Jeff isnt.

3rd Viacom wants to sell PKI and all PP's

With these 3 factors how can you honestly have faith that NU will be any better than what the other parks have. So what it will be bigger. The NU expansion will consist of lots of concrete, carnival rides, and cutouts of nick characters. Great wacko.gif

Amazing: Unexpected...astounding...causing one to lose one's breath.

Perhaps NU will be amazing. Just in a somewhat different way.

I was amazed when I first rode Scooby and the Haunted Castle.

I've been to PKD and ridden their Scooby attraction, also to Carowinds. I was amazed at what Kings Island did.

Still am.

Not impressed, but definitely amazed.

Well, who is to say that the NU won`t feature brick pavers and fiberglass Nicktoons? There is still a lot of time between now and opening day (slightly under two months). When Nick Central was added in 2001, Runaway Reptar had barely been started by this point (The only vertical structure present for the announcement on the 15th of February was the supports for the track in the station. Don`t judge NU before you have seen the finished product.

Secondly, what does Jeff leaving the park have to do with the quality of the park. Sure, the park lost one fantastic spokesperson, and one of the park`s biggest fans. But Maureen is still here, and David Mandt is still with Paramount Parks (down at Carowinds as the Paramount Parks spokesperson (not sure on his official title)). David was around at the time that Jeff Siebert joined on with Paramount Parks, before Maureen was around.

Thirdly, CBS wants to sell Paramount Parks, not Viacom. Viacom and CBS are their own seperate companies now. CBS is in charge of Paramount Parks. Yes, I can see this situation as affecting the capital improvements at PKI for this season. That being said, I still think that NU will be wildly successful with families and children alike, which is the whole reason that PKI is revamping that area to begin with.

^Well said Coaster's RZ, HB was nothing special, most of the rides in it copuld be trailer mounted to. I really dont see how you people think NU Is going to suck with having very limited information and not seeing the finished product yet even if you are "insiders" *rolls eyes*. Yeah you, me, and everyone else on this site.