Soft Drinks 2007

Hank

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the price of a 20 oz, to my knowledge was never $4.00 from a machine. I seem to recall that it was either $3.50 or 3.75 last year.

And yes, Coke will be served at Kings Island for 2007. But will it be there in 2008? I certainly don`t know the answer to that question.

Maybe Pepsi is not offering a better deal than what Coke is already under contract for, for the new Cedar Fair Parks. So if the debt load is making all their decisions, it may just come down to the best deal between the two.

Yep. Ultimately, they will want to go with the company that offers them the most financial incentives. I would think that both Pepsi and Coke would want to be in the Cedar Fair parks, as that is a large captive audience to have. The combined Cedar Fair parks attracted how many people last year? Something like 18 million guests. That is a lot of people that would be drinking the perspective products. Although, I`ve heard that before Coke left the original Cedar Fair parks, they showed no interest in staying in those parks.

having Coke in the park is ok but they need to lower the beer prices

Don't hold your breath waiting on that to happen...

As for the soft drinks, I would love Pepsi products. Now on to the more important issue "BEER". Yes the prices are extremely high however that will never change, people want beer and they pay for it.

Now on to the more important issue "BEER". Yes the prices are extremely high however that will never change, people want beer and they pay for it.

Or just have a cooler in the car, pour your frosty beverage into a souvenier cup, head back to the park....

...you get the idea.

;)

having Coke in the park is ok but they need to lower the beer prices

Don't hold your breath waiting on that to happen...

As for the soft drinks, I would love Pepsi products. Now on to the more important issue "BEER". Yes the prices are extremely high however that will never change, people want beer and they pay for it.

Nice new rides have to come from somewhere! I personally greatly appreciate your wallet getting gouged to support my ride habit! Drink up! hehe

I think beer prices may also have something to do with them not wanted people drinking too much leading to more disorderly guests.

Yeah, you're right...and I'm sure the deaths of three drunk guests in 1991 is still pretty fresh in everyone's mind.

I think beer prices may also have something to do with them not wanted people drinking too much leading to more disorderly guests.

You are kidding me right? LMFAO, the beer prices are high cause people pay for it, has nothing to do with discouraging some from drinking. It's all about the money and profits. Go anywhere, like a Reds ballgame, same prices. let me also venture to say the reason the food prices are so high is to discourage people from eating there and wanting them to go to McDonalds down the street.lol Its a profit making world, Plain and simple.

Yeah, you're right...and I'm sure the deaths of three drunk guests in 1991 is still pretty fresh in everyone's mind.

You think those three drunk peeps were the only one who died at the park. Many have died and that will always happen where ever large amounts of people are. I remember back in the late 70's when that guy was crushed by the elevator on the tower.

Only one of the guests (Flight Commander lady) was intoxicated.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...p;p=entry

That incident has nothing to do with the price of a frosty beverage. You will find that at any public event, sporting events being at the top, the price of beer is high.

You are kidding me right? LMFAO, the beer prices are high cause people pay for it, has nothing to do with discouraging some from drinking. It's all about the money and profits. Go anywhere, like a Reds ballgame, same prices. let me also venture to say the reason the food prices are so high is to discourage people from eating there and wanting them to go to McDonalds down the street.lol Its a profit making world, Plain and simple.

No, actually I wasn't kidding you and I'm sure the same logic is used for Red's games. Sure people will pay for it at that price, but if the prices were lowered to, let's say, the price you'd pay for a beer at a restaurant or bar people would buy a lot more. And more people would probably eat inside of the park instead of driving down to McDonald's or somewhere else if the prices were a little more reasonable and if the quality of food was better. And yes I understand they want and need to make a profit to stay in business, but I think there is a little more to it than that.

You think those three drunk peeps were the only one who died at the park. Many have died and that will always happen where ever large amounts of people are. I remember back in the late 70's when that guy was crushed by the elevator on the tower.

You really have a way with words, you should be the park's spokesperson. :rolleyes:

I tink dare is a tree beer limit at da Dragons games doncha know!

In other words price could discourage intoxication a little, but the park wouldnt make money on the alcohol like they do by discouraging people to buy so I doubt thats the case. Especially when you can do what the Dragons and Reds do and halt beer after a certain inning and limit the beers as well.

But that would also limit profit now that I think about it, wow, funny world that we live in....

Id Like an extra large burger and Fries and a extra large DIET Coke please! Then again some people just like the taste of Diet Coke and Pepsi rather than non-diet. Wow I have just been struck with an intense evaluation of humanity's hypocrisies...Im gonna get out of here before I hurt myself or someone else with words, lol ;)

Maybe so but I would'nt read too much into it. It is a money issue. And I dont care if they put a McDonalds in the parking lot people would still eat in the park and pay the high prices. Sure they might sell more beer if it was cheaper however they sell tons on beer on an average day so why lower the prices if it is selling good. Same with the food. The Quality isnt so good however they sell the crapola out of it.

"Therapy Is Expensive, Beer Is Cheap..."

average ball park prices:

Beer - $5.50 - $7.00, Cheeseburger - $6.00, Hot Dog - $3.50.

A Beer at LT. Dans, Priceless

I think that?

...and where exactly in my post did I say (or even remotely hint at) that those three people were the only ones to ever die at the park?

Let's try not to be so presumptious that we claim to know what others think...especially when they have said nothing of the sort.