Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

after just waking up from a long night- I can say, now THAT was a storm! (at least where I was)- question, do you suspect that WS has been baptized into being stuck by lightning yet?

There's another storm right now. I am really afraid for WindSeeker!

after just waking up from a long night- I can say, now THAT was a storm! (at least where I was)- question, do you suspect that WS has been baptized into being stuck by lightning yet?

not sure there's anything to be afraid of for it... it will likely be nailed by lightning many times over the course of an operating season.

not sure there's anything to be afraid of for it... it will likely be nailed by lightning many times over the course of an operating season.

Tower and Drop Tower get Struck by lightning all the time. it would not doubt me if WindSeeker joins in on the fun!!!.

Tower and Drop Tower get Struck by lightning all the time. it would not doubt me if WindSeeker joins in on the fun!!!.

Maybe WindSeeker will cut down on the amount the other two get hit.

All of you Kings Island "locals" make me sick! :D

:lol: Walking distance and free fireworks are perks you just can't get in a platinum pass! Ahhhhhhh.

Waking up to see The Beast every morning. Doesn't get better than that. tongue.gif

I think I might need to upgrade. All I get at my house is to hear the "booms" of the fireworks at the park. :lol:

The view from the parking lot now:

199562_10150135137703639_48452768638_6538882_4086185_n.jpg

WindSeeker is quite noticeable, but...not exactly dominating the skyline though. Probably because it is all the way in the back...

PS: NOT MY PICTURE. Got it from a link I found on Screamscape.

It looks much, much larger than I imagined. Even the physical gondola is intimidatingly large! This is definitely going to be more of a thrill ride than most of us gave it credit for... Look at the diameter of the arms as is, much less once they're all raised and swinging outward.

AT LAST! SEATS ON WindSeeker!!!

Well, if they can get them all on by today, they can start testing and should have the ride up either on on soon after opening day.

I hope it's ready by May 14th...(Day I am visiting KI this year)...

With the swing angle set at 45 degrees, are there hydraulics on the arms to control that or is it pure centrifugal force? I ask because any swinging angle too much above 0 will come awfully close to the queue and railings. If not, I imagine it won't start spinning until its risen a bit and then stop spinning before that point upon descending.

I believe that the arms will actually just freely rotate. In other words, it is the spin of the actual ride carriage that makes the swings swing out to the side at an angle. As such, and not unlike how the Zephyr runs, the ride will rotate slower when it is close to the ground and the loading area, and then speed up to its ultimate rotational speed once closer to the apex of the tower.