Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

To clear this whole thing up completely and forever for the rest of time (meaning the next page and a half),

The Exact Quote Is:

"There may not be a day this summer that we announce what we're building for the future."

You can interpret that pretty much any way you want. It will come at night, it will come after summer, actually the word "may" at the beginning of the sentence invalidates the certainty of the entire quote. There may be a day, there may not be.

It's good PR. It suggests several things but says absolutely nothing.

As for tonight's announcement, who knows. I would not get my hopes up, though.

Could the likely decoding of that message from Don simply be... The word...."Day".....??

I'm climbing out on an edge here but maybe....Just maybe...a random announcement at night. Wouldn't be a good PR move...But maybe...

(Nothing to do with the KIC announcement) ( Just Don's wording)

Finding Nemo is a heartwarming movie, and is to be shown in Soak City in just a couple of weeks. The heartwarming announcement could be something as simple as that.

Though I suppose since we already know that, and have for quite a while, you may not be able to call it an announcement...

• Like 1

Just putting this on here for extra info. Take what you want of it, of course, from Screamscape.

You can find this here: http://screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#BM

icon_STOP.gifB&M - (7/15/13) According to a local source, the plant that makes all the B&M track pieces had a single piece of green B&M track sitting by itself out in the yard. Previously the lot was full of green track would should have all been shipped off to China’s Ocean Kingdom for their Flyer earlier this year. Our source thinks this new green piece may be a new arrival, possibly for an entirely new project. We’ll keep our eyes open and wait to see what develops.

2013_0715_BM_Green-Unknown.jpg

Edited by KI FANATIC 37

Finding Nemo is a heartwarming movie, and is to be shown in Soak City in just a couple of weeks. The heartwarming announcement could be something as simple as that.

Though I suppose since we already know that, and have for quite a while, you may not be able to call it an announcement...

I better not be stayed up til' Midnight for that.

Well, pretty sure the "announcement" tonight was this, like 90% sure:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27756-announcement-you-are-invited/

Seems to have nothing to do with Project 2014...sorry guys. :wacko:

Did anyone really think it would? Still a pretty awesome announcement in my book. Not very heart-warming, though.

• Like 1

The mystery 2014 announcement will likely be in August.

Historically announcements have been:

IJST/BLSC 8/12/04

Winterfest 2.0 - 7/27/05

Firehawk - 2/5/07

Diamondback - 8/6/08

Planet Snoopy - 9/3/09

WindSeeker - 8/24/10

Soak City - 9/2/11

I expect something before the KIC event, so that they can give walkbacks, Q/A and show off info. These boards help the park to keep their announcements fresh in the coaster community.

I think the announcement will be the 13th of September.

There are a lot of flaws with a 9/13/13 release, it is after the regular season, thus loose the word of mouth hype of a end of season announcement. Its a Friday, one of the 1st rules in PR is get your announcement out early in the week, so that its not lost in the weekend. A September Friday night local media spends the evening / late night news on Football.

This is AFTER a major enthusiast sites event, thus loosing more word of mouth hype.

While a Friday the 13th announcement is nice, would be better fit for a Haunt announcement, not the next BIG ride.

Big announcements are typically best when there is a crowd, the fan reaction is what the media wants. To balance the talking bald heads (sorry Don, Greg) at a KI announcement.

Major key to any announcement is make people talk.. If you just get 30-60 seconds of TV time, you want people talking about it from being there on their facebook, twitter.

I am sure that they will have season pass sales start that day as well! Get your 2014 season pass to ride _____.

And if you announce it before or right as everyones going back to school... Thats marketing gold.. Moms and dads know what to buy the kids for a christmas gift.

I bet 2007 had weak season pass sales due to Firehawk being announced after the new year. Budgets are tighter after the new year due to holiday spending.

• Like 2