Haunt 2016

Bradenwhite

Does anyone know if they decorated for Winterfest during Fear Fest back in 2005? Can't wait to see how they do that during Haunt 2017.

KI has exactly one week to clear I street, KI theater and close surrounding areas from haunt things to Christmas

They don't use the KI Theater for Haunt anymore so that's one less thing they'll have to worry about.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they decorated for Winterfest during Fear Fest back in 2005? Can't wait to see how they do that during Haunt 2017.

They had a Holiday Horror SZ in (what is now) Planet Snoopy in which they decorated that whole area

Actually the Holiday Horror scare zone was introduced in 2006 and was in Coney Mall, across from Zephyr's entrance. It recycled a lot of the Winterfest props from the previous season and its theme was strictly Christmas / winter.

You may be thinking of a different Holiday Horror, the maze version which premiered in 2011. That one was indeed in Planet Snoopy, in the Peanuts Playhouse (the amphitheater). It featured several holidays, including St. Patrick's Day and Easter. It lasted a couple years before being quietly discontinued.

I'm pretty sure the HH SZ was in the kids area. I know about the maze (my first Haunt maze)

• Like 1

So from past experiences has opening friday night been a little bit more busy than normal fridays? Also have you been able to fit all the mazes in opening night? just trying to plan my trip.

Fridays are not as crowded for sure, especially because schools were in session earlier in the day. Plus you have high school football happening ever Friday night. After the first week, Saturdays aren't overwhelmingly packed in my opinion. (Helps spread people out when there are more attractions)

• Like 1

New blood drums? They put blood drums on iTunes?

Yes.  They just dropped their new album yesterday.  Look for Street Drum Corp.  The group at Kings Island will be using the new music.  Its 5 songs and around 23 minutes long.  They will also be selling the CDs in the park.  Not sure if these will have more songs on them or not.

• Like 2

New blood drums? They put blood drums on iTunes?

Yes. They just dropped their new album yesterday. Look for Street Drum Corp. The group at Kings Island will be using the new music. Its 5 songs and around 23 minutes long. They will also be selling the CDs in the park. Not sure if these will have more songs on them or not.

Im glad there'll be some new music finally... well. I'm presume all the songs are new.

I at least want a new intro haha

• Like 1

They had a Holiday Horror SZ in (what is now) Planet Snoopy in which they decorated that whole area

Actually the Holiday Horror scare zone was introduced in 2006 and was in Coney Mall, across from Zephyr's entrance. It recycled a lot of the Winterfest props from the previous season and its theme was strictly Christmas / winter.

You may be thinking of a different Holiday Horror, the maze version which premiered in 2011. That one was indeed in Planet Snoopy, in the Peanuts Playhouse (the amphitheater). It featured several holidays, including St. Patrick's Day and Easter. It lasted a couple years before being quietly discontinued.

I'm pretty sure the HH SZ was in the kids area. I know about the maze (my first Haunt maze)

Spectrum is correct about the Holiday Horror scare zone being in Coney Mall in 2006. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/24647-history-of-the-haunt/?p=443773

Not even sure what that is but I'm down

Here you go: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/Coffin-Races

• Like 2

Haunt will be having the coffin races they started at Cedar Point HalloWeekends this season ^v^ I taped the inaugural race last year. the Voodoo Screamsters were hilarious. The participants were radio contest winners. I was disappointed they weren't doing it. Tony is doing something fun inits place Last Rites to Mean Streak giving it a tombstone in the defunct rides graveyard but I'd much rather see The Racers. Good to hear they sent it to KIH. The custom coffins were very cool.

PS I also put my Hot Blooded 2009 show up (and other old KI shows). (I had it on another channel I got rid of) I went back to the original MiniDV tape. My $1k SONY TRV30 died after I taped it lol The tape mechanism wouldn't open and would've cost $500 to fix. I found a virtually brand new estate sale one form an eBay power seller for $30 it didn' have a charger worked great went back to old taped. Will upload Dead Awakening and Ghouls Gone Wild 2008 later fwiw

• Like 2

I just noticed this today while looking at Mysti construction.

It looks like the Madem Fatal line has been moved to use the (Currently closed for the season) White Water Canyon entrance path. Look to the right under Diamondback's last Airtime hill on the Mystic Timber's webcam and you can see roped off lines in the location talked about (Good views of Mystic Timbers while there is still an hour of daylight left?)

• Like 3

This is my first post here, so I'm just gonna go ahead and shout "Hello!" out to everyone!

My boyfriend and I are going to the Huant this year, and this will be our first time. I have a few questions that the site couldn't answer...

I know you can't leave and re-enter on the same admission, but how does that affect me as a gold pass holder? Are the regular restaurants, like La Rosas, still open? Will there be locker rentals?

• Like 2

No re-entry once Haunt begins, regardless of whether you use a ticket or season pass - if you exit the gates you can't come back in (unless you were to buy a separate ticket but I doubt you want to). Most restaurants are open (Hanks is often closed during slower days). Yes, lockers will be available.

Welcome to KIC!

Thanks so much, that's great to hear. I'm glad I could get some of my questions answered. c: And thanks for the welcome! I've been a long time browser, so it's good to actually join in on the discussion.

• Like 2

Just don't wear it into a maze. Seriously.

I'd like to think that monsters are told that the "No Boo" necklaces are rendered ineffective in mazes and scare zones. To wear one to signal to the random walk-around characters, fine. But if you wear a No Boo necklace into a maze you've queued for and the monsters are instructed to respect that, it ruins the maze for everyone around you.

Anyone know the policy on this? If you purchase a No Boo necklace, do they have signage to say "No Boo necklaces don't work past this point" at the entrance to mazes? Do the cashiers mention it? What are the monsters instructed to do when a No Boo necklace comes through the house?

I had a discussion about this recently. I had a friend that went last year and wore her no boo necklace, but did not even consider par-taking in mazes. She simply got it so we could get through scare zones and ride some attractions. However, she wished there was a way for her to go look at the mazes without monsters during the day. This led me to wonder how beneficial a "VIP" experience would be. I would pay a LOT of money to do a day time walk through of a couple houses, and maybe the inclusion of fright lane at night, if you so choose to participate. She told me the daytime walk through alone would be worth the extra dough.

Just some food for thought 

By word of mouth, No-Boo sticks will be rendered ineffective in the mazes. If you have a No-Boo Stick in the maze the actors will not mind it and do their jobs. If you go into the house you have consented to getting scared because you put yourself in the situation. And A No-Boo in a maze does ruin the maze for all the other guests because then the actors just have to sit and stare at you while you walk by, and you always won't be alone with just your group if it's busy. I do however agree with the idea of KI picking up on a "Backstage Pass Experience"

• Like 3

I like the backstage idea! I wish there were audience participation type attractions throughout the haunt. It would be kind of neat to be "allowed" to be a part of the haunt itself... kind of allows some wannabe haunters a chance to get their freak on... lol

Or maybe have Halloween demonstrations of makeup techniques or how to do Halloween decorating ( during the milder version of Haunt on Sundays)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While riding WindSeeker today, I was able to see the Field of Screams and it look like a large outdoor maze kinda like Cornstalkers but much larger area. Looks to a fun Haunt season. Going Friday night to enjoy the new Haunts and rides.

• Like 3

While riding WindSeeker today, I was able to see the Field of Screams and it look like a large outdoor maze kinda like Cornstalkers but much larger area. Looks to a fun Haunt season. Going Friday night to enjoy the new Haunts and rides.

Where exactly is it located? I can't really comprehend where it is going to be. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I'm still wondering why there was a key but the Kings Island theater on the haunt map

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Kings Island's Facebook page on one of their recent Haunt video posts someone asked what skeleton Key was and they desribed it and said "Skeleton Key comes with Fright Lane and unlocks an additional room in five mazes plus a standalone Skeleton Key room. It adds to your night at Halloween Haunt. So. its probably the standalone room. 

• Like 2