Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BoddaH1994

You can now order through mobile in the Festhaus (this is not a drill!!)

Recommended Posts

I used it today and bypassed a long line. Pickup was pretty easy and it saved me probably 15 minutes. Hopefully more places will be added.

Under “shop” in the app

A7F1B181-37E6-489A-9A1C-7F31FB358DD5.png

Pick  up on the right side 

9A779FA4-1C55-4A38-BCD3-8098A3A251EF.jpeg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note that drinks for the season pass drink plan still need to be acquired from a cashier, just like when ordering from the kiosks.  Mobile ordering will only give you the 10% passholder discount and your dining plan meal.

Surely they have a reason for this, but I don't understand it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jsus said:

Note that drinks for the season pass drink plan still need to be acquired from a cashier, just like when ordering from the kiosks.  Mobile ordering will only give you the 10% passholder discount and your dining plan meal.

Surely they have a reason for this, but I don't understand it.

There are limited options but it appears as though you can pay for food on there. I just did a dummy run through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

There are limited options but it appears as though you can pay for food on there. I just did a dummy run through. 

Right.  Like I said, you can use the 10% passholder discount to pay for your items, both on beverages and on the food menu.  You can also use your dining plan, but not your drink plan.

For instance, there are whole cheese and pepperoni pizzas which aren't dining plan-eligible.  You'll have to pay for those, but you should get your 10% discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is nice that they have moved forward with this. If you can order it on your phone and pick it up easily, I think non food plan members will be more willing to order in park food without having to wait in the long line to order. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It is nice that they have moved forward with this. If you can order it on your phone and pick it up easily, I think non food plan members will be more willing to order in park food without having to wait in the long line to order. 

That, my friend, comes down to awareness and willingness to adapt. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

That, my friend, comes down to awareness and willingness to adapt. 

Excited to try it out!  We love using Mobile Order at Disney.  The first time I was able to bypass the 30 minute line at Aloha Isle and get my Dole Whip in 2 minutes, I was hooked!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Excited to try it out!  We love using Mobile Order at Disney.  The first time I was able to bypass the 30 minute line at Aloha Isle and get my Dole Whip in 2 minutes, I was hooked!!!!

Quick someone photoshop Devo whipping a banana real quick... Please thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting to see that the park is still going through with this. The menu is likely limited because it's in testing. I imagine the main reason that the park is doing this is to eliminate a cashier position. Likely cutting it down to 1 person physically on register, but in a few years, removing the need completely with self serve kiosks and mobile ordering. Lots of bugs in both systems still I imagine, but a good start by the park in reducing the number of employees needed, this probably won't lead to job losses as food stands are usually understaffed anyways, so you guys will just see a more efficient food service in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got the strangest feeling that mobile ordering will be available at Jukebox Diner today. Anyone at the park yet?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’ve got the strangest feeling that mobile ordering will be available at Jukebox Diner today. Anyone at the park yet?

Jukebox was the first to get the order kiosks, would make sense that they're next for mobile ordering. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

Jukebox was the first to get the order kiosks, would make sense that they're next for mobile ordering. 

Hanks is also on the app, but isn’t available yet. I’m particularly excited for when/if they add Brewhouse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’ve got the strangest feeling that mobile ordering will be available at Jukebox Diner today. Anyone at the park yet?

It is available!!!

 

1275C8D6-5538-4B19-AA35-DC91BDFBBDE1.png

F71687DA-C718-4147-B11A-403D1C9B3BE7.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Hanks is also on the app, but isn’t available yet. I’m particularly excited for when/if they add Brewhouse. 

Due to the table service nature of brewhouse, this would likely be last to get added. Do all the similar ordering restaurants first and then do a few more of the niche things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dining plan pizza has been added to mobile order.

 

 

326ED72C-C245-448E-A334-41F67370CB16.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IceePirate said:

Due to the table service nature of brewhouse, this would likely be last to get added. Do all the similar ordering restaurants first and then do a few more of the niche things.

I don’t know. Order your food and then go and get a table from the greeter. It almost logistically writes itself. It’s very reminiscent of Be Our Guest at MK.  You could be right - especially with capacity restrictions, but I think it’s a huge candidate.

Has one else tried the service yet? What are your experiences? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...