Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/18/2012 in all areas

  1. 8 points
    Good bye Ki Central thatks for all your nice comments
  2. 5 points
  3. If he insists on spoiling the show, I'd be happier if Soak City made like a magician and made himself disappear.
  4. 2 points
    I have a very difficult time believing that: Cedar Fair? I doubt it. Herschend? Way too smart to do it. Six Flags? Har Har Har. Busch? And they left Ohio? Palace? No. Maybe a carnival operator. Maybe. I doubt even that.
  5. In reply to your post. There was a poster here not too long ago who once posted: If you saw a kid with bright green hair by The Crypt and The Beast last year, yeah that was me! (a small flame war erupted, afterwards). And so when you brought up the green hair guy I immediately thought of him!
  6. 1 point
    Benred, please tell us how you really feel, don't be so coy.
  7. 1 point
    I would see an open and fully operational Son of Beast, rides that are themed and named what they should be named, a Paramount Story walk that is actually an enjoyable walk through and not just a smoke stack. And overall, a feeling of enchantment and excitement when I walk into the park that I simply do not feel with the kidsy/Poppy music that's played when I walk into the park. A kids area themed to cartoons and shows that kids actually watch on a daily basis and love as opposed to a mascot who hit his strides in the comic books and cartoon specials in the late 60's and 70's but just keeps getting shoved down people's throat, a Racing Rollercoaster with a blue side that still goes backwards, no dinosaurs and a park that doesn't believe in letting people pay extra money to be able to jump to the front of everybody in line.....
  8. 1 point
    Jeff Seibert's been gone for quite some time, now.
  9. Everyone knows that it is going to be torn down, and a 300 foot tall roller coaster will be put in it's place...or will Cedar Point not be happy about that?
  10. SOB

    1 point
    Can we institue a short written essay graded by a moderator using an available rubric as a prerequisite for joining this forum? Also, what's the age limit, and how is that enforced?
  11. You forgot Paramount Cedar Fair bought all rights to Paramount Parks in North America for 10 years as part of its 2006 acquisition. Even overseas, Viacom, who has the rights elsewhere, is only interested in licensing its intellectual property, at least so far. I know, I was kidding.
  12. EXCELLENT report! Thanks for taking the time to put it all together!
  13. I know of a great, "Toobular" MST3K Song video out there that would describe some of the ways people dress in public these days almost perfectly. Because this is a mostly decent site, I'll leave it up to you to search it out on your own. Hint: hats.
  14. What exactly do you feel you'll accomplish by telling how Ed's tricks are done? You're clearly obsessed with this show(supported by the brags of how many times you state you've seen it) why ruin it for others who haven't seen it? Do you hold a grudge of some form for not getting to sit at the "cool" lunch table? I promise, it wasn't that big of a deal. Lay back, enjoy the show. If you're trying to make new friends, you're going about it the wrong way. I do hope a site administrator will monitor SC posts, and please consider anything he/she writes that reveals any secrets of a very hard working man and his livelihood as pre-FLAGGED and reported by me.
  15. 1 point
    First Aid. I likes me indoors things.
  16. Kings Island to me is a lot of things. It's my favorite hobby. It's my favorite place to spend time with my girlfriend. It's night rides on The Beast. It's a place I wish I could have seen in its former glory, before even the Paramount years. It's two fantastic summers spent with a very dear friend that I will never be able to see again. And finally, it's my escape from the stresses and responsibilities of adulthood so I can enjoy feeling like a kid, even if it's just for an afternoon at a time.
  17. You know, I've honestly never really considered the Eiffel Tower to be a ride. something in my mind forces me to differentiate it from the rest for some reason.
  18. It is mind boggling that parents would care more about getting their child on a ride over their safety.
  19. I went to Kings Island and I came to realize how much I appreciate Holiday Worlds very conservative dress code. I saw so many belly buttons, boobs, offensive t-shirts, dudes with shirts off. Normally, this doesn't at all bother me. But it was kinda pestering. Me and my girlfriend were actually playing a game of trying to find classy-dressing people throughout the park. The restraints were people who looked "cute yet conservative." It was actually pretty entertaining while waiting in line. Now you see, I go to Holiday World about 20 times a year. I'm used to their dress code. Even walking down the midways, you'll get stopped by park staff and asked to either put a shirt on or change an offensive one. Actually, one time I was walking up the hill out of Splahin Safari while wearing a cutoff. In the humidity, my cutoff had rolled up at the cut just enough where it revealed one of my nipples. Being a guy, normally this wouldn't be "too" offensive. But halfway between the exit of SS and Hallowswings, I was stopped by a park employee and asked to change. When I claimed that I didn't have another shirt, they provided me a new shirt. A Cleveland Browns shirt actually. Makes me wonder where they got it. Oh well. Lol
  20. Girl, you did not just say what I think you said! *Guuuuuuurl
  21. Since I love Hampton Inn's, I would go to the Mason Hampton Inn. It's only a mile away from Kings Island, with free breakfast and around $100 per night, which may seem like a lot for just one night, but it is very nice and clean with the best beds out of any hotel!
  22. I'm kind of impressed with myself. I've seen everyone's pictures, and with the exception of Don's official group photo taken right at the beginning, I avoided getting my face in any of them. I wasn't even trying! Like, your shot of the KIC group? Yeah, apparently I managed to stand right behind Fire-Beast-OF-FEAR so all you can see is my right ear in your picture. That's more or less all you can see of me in everyone else's versions, too. Apparently I was wrong when I thought I was visible enough standing there, haha! Ninjaness aside, you took some pretty cool pictures, standbyme. It was great getting to meet you!
  23. Somehow make Vortex a less rough ride. Doesn't matter where I sit, I smack my jaw into the restraint every time. Love the ride itself, but the roughness factor keeps it low on my "must ride" list. Return Adventure Express to its former effects glory. Also, does any one else secretly wish the Nickelodeon deal had timed out right so the ride was Legends of the Hidden Temple theme? No? Okay, I figured it was just me. Agree that blue Racer should go backward again. Also, it would be nice to see a B&M inverted coaster like Montu (Busch Gardens) happen.
  24. And it's not even August 16 yet. This is a good day for Holiday World, though. The future of that park now looks much, much brighter than it did yesterday.
  25. Mcarthy has sent Cedar Fair numerous e-mails, yet he was told by certain people of certain power over Cedar Fair and Kings Island? UMMM,Your Honor i rest my case.
  26. I'd give Flight Deck on-board audio, that way it would feel like you're in a dog fight.
  27. For the money, for the glory, and for the fun...mostly for the money.
  28. Shaggy, I whole-heartedly, knee-slapping-rising-to-my-feet-whistling and applaudingly agree with your conclusion. Yes, yes, yes!!! I'm sure Cedar Fair would handle the visual aspects with great care. But as I have said many, many times before: If they're going to blast music over the loudspeakers at the front gate (and along International Street for that matter), they really, really, really, really, really need to play something that evokes the same kind of emotions that the movie themes did during the Paramount era; and that the Pops Orchestra, International Symphony music in the prior years did for the entrance --like you're entering a really special kind of place! The stuff they play now over the front gate and fountains sounds just plain wrong.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.