Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/11/2012 in all areas

  1. Absolutely ridiculous. Just ridiculous. 2, 3, and 4 (above) are not even exact duplicates. Not by a long shot. If your biggest fret is that Tidal Wave Bay is a copy, you need to take your complaint up with most every water park on earth that has a wave pool. It's honestly very, very absurd that you'd accuse Soak City at Kings Island of being a "copy" of Soak City at Cedar Point. It's not even worth arguing, though I know you'll attempt a snappy reply... Was the name "imported" from Sandusky? Yes. Every single other thing about the water park is exactly as it was when it was named Boomerang Bay save the action river and new wave pool. As for WindSeeker, most anyone who's actually been on a handful of them will tell you that they give quite different experiences. WindSeeker, if it's easier to think about it this way, is an outdoor observation tower. Now, wouldn't an observation tower in Mason, Ohio provide a wholly different experience than an observation tower in Doswell, Virginia? Sandusky, Ohio? Buena Park, California? But to argue that misses the point entirely, because the question is who cares? (EDIT: The answer to the question, by the way, is a vast, vast minority!) Believe it or not, most of the folks who visit Kings Island will never, ever, ever (NOT ONCE) visit Carowinds. An overwhelming majority of Knott's Berry Farm visitors haven't the slightest idea that a park called Kings Dominion exists at all, much less do they know (or care?) that it has one ride in common. Period. If you traveled to Kansas City, Missouri and declared in your most accusatory voice, "You know, a park in Ohio also has Dinosaurs Alive!" guess how many people would give a rat's behind? Something tells me that if Disney purchased Kings Island and decided to clone The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (which exists in four places in the world), Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (which is cloned in 3 places), The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure (which exists in two parks as identical clones), and Jungle Cruise (in five parks across the globe), you wouldn't mind at all. Am I right?
  2. 6 points
    Firehawk isn't that hard to look at, you can see it from The Racer, and all along the areas near the line and exit.
  3. I actually would, again I dont like cloning (much). Also about the 2 and 4 2-Its the franchise, it just a idea, which I believe that at least some parks should have different waterparks (KD-WW, CW-BB,WOF-OOF, etc) 4.-It is, please see http://www.kingsdomi...o-do/waterworks and http://www.carowinds...o/boomerang-bay . Now I like some aspects of cloning, only when its actually not a bad idea, in example, KD and KI with some of their duplicates. Also please keep it on topic, a cloning topic may soon come. I think it's fairly on topic if you absolutely adored Boomerang Bay, but consider Soak City "overrated." It's worth discussing, then, what makes an attraction overrated (which, apparently, to you, is that it's been cloned or somehow copied. What I'm trying to help you understand is that 99% of the world disagrees. Soak City, to the general public, is Boomerang Bay, but larger, nicer, better; with more capacity, more attractions, more fun. Just the fact that it shares a name with a park hours away does not suddenly make it "overrated"). Keep in mind that all of the KECO Parks had Water Works (including Kings Island...). Under Viacom, they were each re-named Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay (except Kings Dominion, which we might imagine could've been next). Under Cedar Fair, we might soon see a pattern to name them all Soak City. Uniformity has always been the goal. Just because you don't like the current "uniform" because of its name doesn't make the attraction overrated. Also, don't tell me what to do.
  4. ^ I hear you. That's about as likely to happen as it is to see a midget wrestling in the Festhaus!
  5. 5 points
    If Boomerang Bay was your home away from home, then you simply can't find Soak City overrated. Honestly, I agreed then and agree now that there were ways to maintain the fun Australian theme and still re-invent the water park. However, it's gone a little too far now. Soak City provides the exact same experience that Boomerang Bay did in every single possible imaginable way except that the lazy river is no longer "lazy." Period. You can't absolutely abhor everything about the place just because its name was changed and fading Australian animals were painted over on a fence. You're right about one thing, though - "'nuff said." I hope you mean it!
  6. Just so everyone knows (and please forgive if this is overkill). I edited my previous response, but I really want to start out on a clean slate.. So I wanna make sure everyone sees this. I attempted to make a joke that was misunderstood and offended others. I accept full responsibilty for this. I never intended to anger anyone. But being a new member, I understand that my humor and general tone is not yet known to fellow members. On another note, so everyone is caught up, my previous avatar was of a 1950's style caricature of a man giving the middle finger. My intention was not to "flick off" every member of the forum. It was just a pic I found that I thought was funny. Like I said, I am new to message boards and I didnt consider how certain images can and will effect people differently. My apologies again. Like I said, I am a new hire to Halloween Haunt.. and my only goal is to provide the audience with the best scare they've ever had. Ringo
  7. I can't stand that one political person with the thing, you know, the one who says all that stuff about things! That person ought to be run out of town on a rail, the kind of rail soon to be removed in all the awesome pictures that will be featured on this thread... the one about demolition pictures! did I get us back... on track?
  8. Wow, a 5 year post bump to add "likes"! Were there even like buttons back then? OK, so I'll try to post a date appropriate response: Man, I'm glad CF bought KI. If they ever decide to add a respectable B&M coaster, I swear my wife and I will pack up our stuff, and move to Cincinnati! (I'm not worried, CF will never pay the big bucks for a B&M so close to CP)
  9. I like the title to this topic.
  10. 3 points
    I know they're all opinions, but it makes me sad when people say that my two favorite coasters are overrated
  11. 3 points
    And that's what opinions are all about. To me, Raven is, by far, the best wooden coaster in that park. By far.
  12. 3 points
    Raven is most likely the only coaster I've ridden that I'd say is over-rated. I thought it was good for what it was, but definitely not as good as The Legend and The Voyage.
  13. I mentioned this last year I think... ...when I go with my friend to Haunt, he does this - and you don't know how much it annoys me. (Yes, he is my friend, but all friends can be annoying) - I think, "Hey, you're not cool...) when he jumps from corner to corner and attempt to scare the person, or when he laughs in the face of the scareactor, blah, blah, blah. I don't like it, that's all. Just have fun, like you said - YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SCARED. It's Halloween Haunt.
  14. No and yes. No in the sense that the first year of Slaughter House, 2009, there was no Mama. But yes, the same person has been Mama since 2010. I agree, she is a great addition to the cast and really helped the story of Slaughter House come together. Everything just seemed to gel in the house when she came on board. I can't wait until next week for our family reunion!
  15. 3 points
    Nitro (SFGAdv), Maverick, Diamondback, Top Thrill Dragster, Mystery Mine (Dollywood), Cornball Express (Indiana Beach), Phantom's Revenge (Kennywood), and Shivering Timbers (Michigan's Adventure). Each has its redeeming quirks, but I don't go crazy for these rides like the enthusiasts at large.
  16. I...kinda...thought --well....that....the picture....was....uh..... kinda..... funny.... .... .... *looks to the left and right* Cobra, exit, stage left!
  17. Adventure Express is one of my very favorite coasters. Other rides could do far worse than emulate it.
  18. 2 points
    Send in a meteor and wipe out the dinosaurs
  19. 2 points
    Millennium Force is highly overrated. I love the first drop onf MF. Not much can be said about the rest. I prefer Magnum any day of the week. Gwazi is not overrated. This is low rated coaster. Both Gwazi and Wildcat at Hershey are two worst GCI coasters I have been on. Both Winged coasters, Wild Eagle and X-Flight were very disappointing.
  20. From one of the Apple fan boy sites... http://www.cultofmac.com/189567/first-airlines-and-now-theme-parks-preparing-to-support-passbook-in-ios-6/
  21. I just rode SoB and it was so rough I had to go home right away! I'm surprised it hasn't been closed yet.
  22. 2 points
    Don't be. One of my very favorite rides is Rolling Thunder. I think I am one of its four rabid fans!
  23. They could put that crappy go kart track pretty much anywhere else in the park it sucks and itsnt even worth walking back there.
  24. Kings Dominion really needs a giga coaster! It's a shame they don't. :/
  25. Flight of Fear is cloned between Kings Island and Kings Dominion, but exact duplicates exist across America (and formerly Japan). WindSeeker, Invertigo, Delirium and Firehawk also have copies. Drop Zone, Boo Blasters, and all the flat rides of Coney Mall are amusement park standards, just with slight alterations here and there. Rumors continue to swell that an exact duplicate of Disney California Adventure's Cars Land may make its way to Walt Disney World's Disney's Hollywood Studios Park. Ironically, I can admit a certain amount of distaste at the notion, but the logical side of me recognizes that I am in the statistically insignificant minority of folks who have visited both Disney Resorts in America. I may initially not want "them" to get Cars Land, but "they" probably weren't thrilled about "us" getting a Tower of Terror... But I'm glad we did. EDIT: And look, just like that we're back to race cars!
  26. 2 points
    How'bout Milleiunnum Force?
  27. Yep; the green one.
  28. Are you talking about the green one that fell in Sandusky Bay?
  29. Hmmm. KD, CP, Scarowinds. All busy. I much preferred the last. I have knott been to the Southern California one, others here have. Although it is reportedly FUN's best boo event, I am very unlikely to ever attend it, as my time in that area always finds me at other, magical lands. Believe or not, I've been to BGW's Boo Event several times, and adore it. It appears I may be headed there soon, and perhaps far more often, along with Dorney, Great Advencha, Hershey, Knobel's Amusement Resort, etc. Life, an ever changing diorama...enjoy it, while we can.
  30. Camden Park's incident was caused by metal fatigue. Note that a well known park removed its similar vintage Spider thereafter. Balancing on Spider and Monster rides is nowhere near as critical to the ride as it is for Ferris Wheels. Octopi are another story (and seldom seen nowadays).
  31. I really hope to be able to take my niece through more haunts than the train ride this year.
  32. I have been to Cedar Point's. I think Kings Island's haunts are better. Cedar Point just axed their only decent one, IMO. EDIT: Ahhh, I just forgot about Eerie Estates. That is a good one.
  33. For some reason when I saw that pic, I imagined Bob Ross saying, "I think we'll put a nice happy tree down here. Maybe he is living with some smaller friends." Oh Bob Ross, I miss you.
  34. i'll be waiting, and hopefully keep the lights on for you.
  35. ^THANK YOU SNOWMAN^ JohnnyRingo- We like new members, and try to help each other out. And we would appriciate if you dont hurt all of the KIC family's feelings. People won't want to leave feedback, or help you out as much when we are offended by your avatar. Most people use your avatar to visualize you, and what kind of person you are. And it's not giving a good impression on yourself. I suggest you change it A.S.A.P for the good of yourself, and the KIC family.
  36. Trust me, sometimes it's better to go temporarily off-topic and let us rant versus starting 40 new topics a day. Also there aren't any SOB Demolition pics yet, so how can we get off-topic. To get us back on track, here's a pic of SOB in a bad Snowstorm: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I think shooting black and white really captured the moment, don't you?
  37. 1 point
    Any type of change would be a significant change to the park. It could be as little as adding soundtracks to a few rides, to completely overhauling an attraction, but little changes do make an impact. Adding a cop car style on BLSC would be a significant change, even if a seemingly minuscule one.
  38. Removing Thunder Alley huh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE I renember someone posting somthing else like this for SOB, so I'm filling in for them.
  39. Yes. yes you do. Out of left field, but you did none the less. So, I believe that they will not start demolition till after Haunt.
  40. I'm not arguing with you, but please help me understand something. What's political about discussing, and being unhappy that a corporation was sneakily (Komen's name was nowhere during the event) allowed to fund raise thousands of dollars in our park?
  41. agreed. I finally made my first trip to Cedar Point this year and I absolutely loved Dragster.
  42. Gee. What a surprise. Mission accomplished, indeed.
  43. I guess I could have looked in your signature before I asked. StalkerChick's not coming this year. I'll be there on Friday with at least one other guy (KIRuler), and our group will be bigger on Saturday. Plus Saturday will be Mrs. Gator's first trip up there in a few years (she's not coming Friday)... you can call her Kim though... (Yes, I'm evil like that)
  44. Cuz it takes 2 long 2 dew doe u jus don understnd Come on man, get with it!
  45. On the post about Planet Snoopy winning the Golden Ticket... "Make a new coaster every years" - you mean from 2007-2013 is a couple of years? Now this is nitpicking...."and very reasonable prices fastpass r a little expensive" - why can't people type in full words, and use commas, dashes, or semicolons? It gets on my nerves...
  46. Those wanting items or houses built from the SOB lumber should really do some research on treated lumber. It was mentioned yesterday that the main sticking point for souveniers using said lumber from SOB is that it has been treated with Arsenic and other HIGHLY toxic compounds. Of course, after that tidbit someone still asked if they could bring Marshmellows.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.