Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/28/2012 in Posts

  1. Would a certain poster not understand that at least one of us here wears long pants to the exclusion of shorts, regardless of weather, and dresses in a shirt and tie in the office as well even on so-called casual Fridays? That poster has also been to parks dressed in a suit and tie on ninety degree plus days. Within certain societal limits dealing mostly with decency, how theme park patrons dress is really not park employees' business. Being privately curious is one thing, saying something about it to the guests borders on rude. Terp, known for, among other things, almost never wearing a coat in his younger days (and that in a sometimes frigidly cold area).
  2. 3 points
    Ed Hart only wants one thing, money. He will do and say whatever it takes to get his hands on KK. Most everyone else that has seen the park as it currently sits will tell you, it is indeed a Trash Heap. Was just talking about this park with a group of people last night. They all agreed that the rides were not enjoyable and the park should just go away. The few die hard fans however, continue to keep their Blinders on.
  3. You might have been already been told that there is a edit button, and please excuse me if I sound rude I'm not trying to be, unlike some people.
  4. 2 points
    I never understood why people complain about hearing rides at nearby amusement parks. Generally the theme park was there first (because they usually build in rural areas that later become developed.) So why would people buy a home near a theme park and get mad when you can hear it? I would understand if you lived there before it was built, but hardly that is the case.
  5. To some people, a new restaurant is a major new attraction. Or an updated menu. Or a new park playlist. Even new benches!
  6. Or will we? Anything is possible my friends. Well, almost anything......
  7. I don't think Cedar Fair really acknowledged KI's 40th anniversary in my opinion. Oh sure, they had new shows and a new logo as well as ride changes for the year but I believe the changes made this year still would have been made even if this wasn't KI's 40th season.
  8. I mean Trains sorry
  9. I hate at work when people comment on what I am wearing... I work at a school as a professional (speech therapist), Very seldomly do I ever dress "down" even on Jean days. Since I am not a teacher, I like to dress professionaly, button up shirt and dress slacks while working... Terp's right, being privately curious is good, asking questions is just rude. Some people want to dress to impress or dress to be comfortable...
  10. Wow! Lot of hate for The Crypt! All in all, it was a good year. No attention to the dry park as far as offseason improvements go made it a little boring, but the waterpark needed the renovation. I'm at least hoping for a flat in 2013. To me, food options were the biggest thing to come this year. After all not much really happened in the dry park. I couldn't care less if Son of Beast was being demolished or not, but I am never going to be happy with the removal of The Crypt!
  11. So the Haunt is over... and I would like to send a BIG thank you to all the guests that came out and allowed me to scare the crap out of them. You all were great. Also, thanks to my fellow haunters for dedicating themselves and making the job the best I've ever had. But to keep it topical... How 'bout that Slaughterhouse, eh? I totally didn't work there.. I just thought they were probably the most awesome thing that's ever happened. I wouldn't say that if I worked there because I definitely didn't. That's crazy.. Me? Working there? Ha.. ha.. er..
  12. Most of us would give advice based on our own experiences, but I doubt anyone else has lost their 2011/2012 pass and then renewed a pass that we no longer physically possess. This really is an ask guest services or the season pass processing people when you go to the park question.
  13. I'll have to go with the ubiquitous "Ask the park", because I haven't the slightest clue.
  14. well based on the shorts conversation... I will many times be cold on my arms and hands but not my legs... If I am running to the store Ill wear my shorts and a hoody, even if its 34 out. Not a lack of common sense. Just me knowing my body. But if I am going to be out all day, Ill wear pants of some sort if its chilly.... but its all relative... if we are talking 50/60s in October we are cold... 50/60s in april we are warm...
  15. There is no tin. It's not a shack. It meets all codes. You'd be surprised how much it cost. And it was built with a life expectancy of decades. See also The Bat station.
  16. Think of going both Saturday Night for the ambiance, then returning Sunday to view the cute things. I take it the rides are open Sunday, also? This has been the worst month ever to plan my Haunt trip. I tried to go early, but had to visit family for the OU Homecoming game. I didn't have a choice. edit 10/28: Saturday night was crowded. I met two friends from Cincy there, I suggested we do what they want first, because it will be crowded, and it did get more crowded as the night went on. We were lucky that my friends enjoyed the flats, because that's all we could squeeze in after a while. The big rides just became purgatories of the exiled souls with the lines. With the Haunts, you can tell that it's a room by room story. It starts off soft and gets more insane as the rooms go on. I liked Madame's for it's subtle creepiness, Holiday has great theming, but Slaughterhouse always starts off Bang from the gate crazy and goes from there. My friends liked that one best. They were particularly fond of the funhouse barrel in the clown house. More of things like that would be fun. A chainsaw is a chainsaw. I thought the fake chainsaws were as good, though they could do to be louder. There's a lot of noise going on in the area, and a louder chainsaw would create a bigger climax. They must at least get the job done, because the lady's restroom by Slaugherhouse is always available with no line. I saw a few women approach the restroom, and then veer away due to the guy wielding the chainsaw. I thought a lot of the makeup was much better this year. To be honest, Club Blood and Cornstalkers were snoozers. I understand it takes a lot of work to create the frenetic energy to scare people, but these two houses were asleep. I enjoyed Blood Drums, but had to move on quickly due to some bottlenecking that was happening in the immediate area.
  17. All the rides at Kings Island will be going into hibernation in just a few short hours (didn't the park just open for the season yesterday?). At the same time-much like getting strapped into Flight of Fear-we will soon be launching into six months of speculations, conspiracy theories, rumors, bickering, supposed "in-the-know" information from "some important park official", as well as things mentioned by the Dippin' Dots guy. Although we all hate to see Kings Island close for the season, we can all be kept warm and merry by reading nearly-daily updates ranging from potholes being filled on Kings Island drive to sightings of semis carrying ride parts anywhere within a 300 mile radius of Mason, Ohio. While we say farewell to Kings Island's 40th anniversary season, who's ready to discuss 2013 and beyond??
  18. Last night a worker told me that the employees at Kings Island get these Employee days where half of them are riding the rides, the other half is operating and it rotates. I want to know, but is this true? ( I need actually employees, not people that aren't, because how would I know you are giving me false info.)
  19. What ride are you trying to get on last tain of the year. Mine is DB.
  20. I do agree with you and I would have to say that I do hope Kings Island has more than that to celebrate their 50th anniversary which will come sooner than later.
  21. The only thing I can saw about the chainsaw at Slaughterhouse is ........... CHAINSAW!!!!!!!!!!
  22. Less than 40min till park closed for season...
  23. Wow, seems like our Opening Day trip was just last week. My family will be patiently awaiting the 2014 season.
  24. 1 point
    Unfortunately you can't live in it until you're 55 years old. During the winter you can see all the rides through the trees but during the summer you can't. You can also hear The Beast's roar in the woods. It's pretty cool.
  25. I know I'm ready! I'm really sad that the season is over so I'd love to get excited for 2013! The only thing that disappoints me is it looks like we won't be getting any major new attractions next year. :/
  26. You know, now that I think about it, it might have just been a moose.
  27. (it is good to know some things don't change. Lance, let the park take care of this. And take good care of the new one. You can do it.)
  28. I would just like to say that I was very disappointed with the Halloween Haunt this year. The last time I went to the haunt I believe was in 2010, and while it has been a few years, it was quite scary. I remember when Club Blood used to have a guy on a hang glider or whatever it was come inches from your face and scare you, when urgent scare had a siren going off constantly and a creepy outdoor part to it, and when the haunts actually had a ton of people working to scare you just out and about ! This year there was none of that. Before I review each individual house, I have a few general thoughts. Firstly, there was barely anyone out and about just to scare you as you were walking. Secondly, the haunted houses were not very scary at all, but I did see a TON of small children who in my opinion should not have even been there in the first place so that made me wonder if they dimmed them down because of all of the children that end up going to the haunt or if maybe they didn't have enough staff. I also think the haunted houses were less scary because they would send so many people inside of them at once you would see all of them/their scares before they got to you. Slaughterhouse- I thought this one was a little bit scary. Somebody had some type of device that made a pig snort noise and put it right by my ear which made me jump and I screamed a few times. I thought it was a decent length and I enjoyed the woman who was outside with the real rat on her shoulder. Club blood- SO DISAPPOINTED. There were hardly any actors when I went through it with my boyfriend, it was like walking through nothing. Also I miss the person who was on the hang glider thing or whatever it was because that was scary. pirate's cove- not scary at all. I saw all the people before they came out and the accents were horrible and laughable. urgent scare- In my opinion, urgent scare used to be the best haunt. This year, I thought it was disappointing. There was no siren, no outdoor maze, and the people in the maze just kind of looked at you and did not really do anything to scare you. cavern of terror-this was pretty good. The wax figures or whatever it was that came back and forth in the walls made me shut my eyes...actually I am not even sure what they were doing I had my eyes shut. Haha. holiday horror- I went through this at 6pm. I was so disappointed because I thought the santa would be scary and that their would be an easter bunny but I was wrong. massacre manor- It was decent. I really liked the pictures on the wall. Those pictures were probably the best part of the maze though. mysteria- What the ..... is all I have to say about that. Not scary at all just weird. I miss death row being in that spot graveyard- I thought they could've put scary stuff on the train ride. When it stopped and we had to walk I saw better hiding places than where they were scaring you at but overall it did spook me a little bit. wolf- It was alright. I screamed a few times. I think I would put it third on my list. Anyway, I did enjoy myself but I am just a little bit sad that they were not very scary. Also in every other maze, people would come up and blow on me to try and scare me and I thought it was weird. I did not go in corn stalkers because it was boring when I went in it a few years ago and I did not go into the clown one because we were ready to go home but it was alright the last time I went into it.
  29. Guest Services will be able to admit you. There is no $15 fee required to gain admission on a "forgotten" pass. This fee only applies if you elect to replace your "lost" pass. Guest Services should open when ERT begins at 10:00am. If you get there early, look for the group of KIC'ers - see the closing day meet-up thread.
  30. Do you not realize people can handle temperatures that you might not be able to? I wear shorts in the snow sometimes. It doesn't mean I don't have common sense.
  31. ^ For what it's worth, I'll likely be wearing shorts at the park tomorrow if the forecast stays as-is. I'd rather risk being a bit chilly than risk something flying out of an unsecured pant pocket. Some people need more to stay warm than others. I tend to be somewhat tolerant of both temperature extremes.
  32. I made it a couple of days without Kings Island PR saying this post contains inaccurate information.
  33. It's probably just a T-shirt design.
  34. Hopefully not just like. Terp, who prefers happy endings.
  35. Don did say today on Fox19 that Ed would be back next year.
  36. What are all these footers? I see no footers. Now footings on the other hand...
  37. If you do run, make sure you run in a zig zag fashion. Your chances of being struck by a bullet are much less than if you run straight.
  38. IMO, they still need restrooms somewhere in or near the X-Base area. If they did nothing else but this in the offseason I'd be happy.
  39. At least you didn't start twenty new topics in a three hour span like some noobs. Welcome to the wonderful world of KIC!
  40. Welcome to KIC Diamondback27! We hope to see you here often! I try to give new members a welcome photo. All taken by yours truly. Pictures 075 by KIC-Original, on Flickr
  41. So im guessing that Dane or Avatar is the head professor, Interpreter being the paleontologist, and many more references?
  42. Clint Eastwood does to random furniture!
  43. Don't forget an inexplicable little water tower for no apparent reason.
  44. Uh...Mason is in Warren County, Cincinnati is in Hamilton county. Cincinnati and Mason have little to do with each other. I'm pretty sure Kings Island's mailing address says Mason, not Cincinnati. I for one am hoping for more of an extension of Action Zone out of this. I think there is too much land there just to simply use it for one single ride. A whole new area seems more fitting, maybe with a coaster to anchor it like we saw when Action Zone first came to be with introducing Invertigo and Drop Tower to what was Adventure Village. I mean SOB took up what, 15-20 acres? I know its a bit hilly back there, but I'm sure Kings Island could make it work somehow.
  45. I just hope CF has seen this video before further expansion goes on.
  46. An inversion doesn't necessarily make a ride better. I've always loved the roll into the launch on that ride. Seems like a great way to build anticipation as you go around that turn.
  47. Well now I feel even worse about not being able to come! Guess you can always count on ohiocolts for that... =P
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.