Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

robintodd

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by robintodd

  1. My apologies, I should have said 'seemed' asymptomatic. The damage would be a symptom once they are able to recognize the damage, which may not be till later (maybe years or decades). It's not like they give a complete MRI or CAT scan to every person who tests positive for COVID. This is also the reasons vaccines take so long in the later stages of testing. Usually they wait 6 - 18 months after the treatment to rule out any side effects.
  2. Cedar Fair once again is the leader among companies with the mask requirement. Kudo's to them having the courage and forethought to help fight the spread! I guess people who don't want to wear masks won't be going to Kroger, Target, Sam's Club, Walgreens, Publix, Best Buy, Wal Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, CVS, Kohls, Costco, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Menards, Starbucks, Verizon, Panera Bread, etc. Where's the outcry and petition over these companies? (Crap, that means they'll have more time to sit home and post :)) Kudos' to all of the stores for doing their part during the pandemic.
  3. You do know they still aren't sure about the ability to catch it twice. Plus no one knows the long term effects of the virus. It is possible that just because someone is asymptomatic doesn't mean the virus can't do permanent damage to the brain or lungs. Plus you do realize that not everyone contracted HIV or SARS but those viruses have been reduced from their non-pandemic status and it wasn't done through 'herd immunity'. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/16/covid-19-can-you-get-infected-twice-herd-immunity/5429012002/ https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/dozens-more-cases-reported-of-neurological-problems-in-covid-19-67717 https://www.healthline.com/health-news/lifelong-lung-damage-the-serious-covid-19-complication-that-can-hit-people-in-their-20s
  4. Just looking at the crowds this year it seems now would be the perfect time to re-pave the parking lot. Just a thought.
  5. Agree 100%. My wife is a nurse (35+ years) and also worked as the manager of the office of research for a little while. Testing kits are kept locked up and handed out just like medication. Counts are done and all kits must be accounted for. As far as results from "unused tests". You do know they can see the difference between a swab that has been used and one that has not, right? Not saying the test is infallible, but I would hope that with the state of things the way they are now and amount of time it takes to get a result from the current levels of testing that anyone who sent through an unused test would be reprimanded for using up resources that could be better used for the common good. Not to mention it would violate the Hippocratic oath all medical professionals take.
  6. I will say I notice more than once employees walking with several markers in their hands and replacing them in the lines. It should also be noted that I constantly see 1 employee in the larger queues wiping down/disinfecting the rails.
  7. They had it last year as well (my wife uses it). They have the same sauces as Backbeat. Spicy BBQ, BBQ or Mustard BBQ. Easy to miss considering the Spicy and Regular BBQ are almost the same color on the sticker. Because of the COVID they are giving the sauces in cups. Just ask for it at the end of the food line.
  8. Coney BBQ does have a spicy BBQ sauce.
  9. And KI still only has hours till July 31st. I suspect in the next week both parks will be showing August hours.
  10. I thought about closing every other row in the queues as well. Not sure if that is possible as not every row has the hinged gate to swing open/shut. I believe that is on every other gate which would make doing every other row problematic. at best you would have two rows together and then two blank rows. I will note the markers are never next to each other in the rows, they are spaced not to have one marker next to another one in the row. Additionally the markers are in some places as much as 8-10 feet apart on average (from what I could see).
  11. I've been about 5-6 times and have been mostly impressed with the adherence to masks. If you feel someone crowds you in a line, just give them a "look" and they usually remember and back away. It's understandable that people now and then forget with the excitement of being in line for Orion, but for the most part I've noticed social distancing each time I've went. Just remember, people tend to take pictures of the exceptions and not the norm. A picture of people social distancing isn't nearly as likely as a group that isn't. I've seen plenty of pictures of accidents on the streets, but rarely a picture of traffic moving safely. Any one who doesn't I have found I can easily avoid. I have found the employees to be pretty diligent about reminding people and extremely kind, friendly and willing to help in any way they can. All the employees this year are fantastic and you can tell KI put in some extra care and training this season. You can use this map https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/overview to see Warren county (where KI is located). Warren is low - mid. It's hard to judge just based on the number of people that come from Indiana and Kentucky not to mention other parts of Ohio. As far as crowds, I have found that lines for the coasters have been pretty much on par with what they are usually during the weekdays in the summer (10 - 45 minutes depending). Of course getting there early to get Orion passes is a must and then you can probably get some rides on Mystic and Diamondback before your time for Orion. Also the last hour to hour and a half of the day is pretty barren. They don't hand out tickets for Orion for 6-7 so you may be able to get a ride or two in then. Hope you have a great time, make sure to let us know how it went and safe travels!
  12. Actually they are ! Rivertown Potato Works Gluten Free Chicken Tenders with Fresh Cut Fries Buffalo Chicken Fries Pulled Pork Fries
  13. And I've been involved in quite a few and never gotten what it was worth out of it because of lawyer fees. (PS3 comes to mind. Thanks for the $20 bucks :))
  14. Cedar Fair made preparations at the beginning of the summer to make sure that they would be financially viable this year regardless of what happens as seen by their financial statements. I get a kick out of those who say they'll hurt the park by not going. Like in all businesses that involve employees, the only ones you are hurting by not going is the employees, not the main company. I've found that the difference between 4,000 at the park and 10,000 at the park is actually minimal. The lines for the major attractions are still the same. Each time I've went feels like a moderate week day (1/2 hour wait for most coasters, except Orion). It's just the walkways, eateries and (of course) shows are less crowded.
  15. Whereas I agree with you there is also good faith effort to be considered which in my opinion they have made. Plus the fact that the Platinum and FL+ holders are small potatoes and so would the amount of money they could put up for lawyers compared to what CF could fund. Our legal system is always tilted against the middle class. I the end they would probably just refund the money to those involved (minus any times used). Bottom line is Cedar Fair went over and above what any other major chain did. They did it first, and in my opinion, they did it best.
  16. They are "spiral cut potatoes with KI chip seasoning" https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/july/refuel-at-the-new-meteor-canteen-consumption-station-in-area-72-at-kings-island?page=3 My question is is anything at the new Meteor Canteen included on the dining plan? (would like to try the chili dog.)
  17. I did. I also noticed I got in at 11:45 when my reservation was for noon on Saturday (oops).
  18. Found it interesting that they are lo longer showing the available number of slots for each time on the reservation page. Makes it harder to judge the crowd size. Cedar Point is still showing available numbers.
  19. I don't see 10-10 being possible. They just have enough employees for 1 shift let alone 2. Noon to 8 would be a better compromise especially once the clocks change back and it get's dark earlier. May even see a shift to 2 - 10 once Haunt starts. The employment department has done a fantastic job at KI. CP is having a problem getting employees since there are no exchange students working and they only have half the area to get local employees from because of being on the lake.
  20. Seeing the site in person I'm really hoping for a dive coaster that uses the natural ravine. Could easily have a drop of 210+.
  21. So went yesterday and had a great time and while I was sitting in the Festhaus I had an idea. Entertainment should every so often (30 - 45 minutes?) show the "Many The Hours" video that was on you tube from the entertainment folks. It would be a nice way to showcase the talent we have that can't be seen this year. It is an excellent video and something that the park should showcase and be proud of. (plus it beats the heck out of the cute pets :))
  22. Don't know, it's called Shotgun Wedding and it's distributed by Country Boy Brewing https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28188/81074/
  23. No didn't notice. That would have changed my opinion. But at the same time would be worth putting back up to have and additional relax zone. Maybe they will do that later this year.
  24. No but it was 8.95 and worth every penny. My wife and I are making a effort to spend more inside the park (we had 3 Shotgun Wedding IPA's between us. Hints of Vanilla bean aged in burbon barrells was fantastic) as our way of helping out in these trying times for the chain. CF could have easily just extended the passes and not the funpix, drink or meal plans but they led the industry by making a call to benefit all of the pass holders, even allowing people to buy this year and extending the passes to 2021. I hope others who can afford to do so will follow suit as I am impressed by the generosity of Cedar Fair in this regard. I don't see any other large chain doing this and they should be commended for their swift and early decision.
  25. Went yesterday and want to make sure and say how absolutely impressed I was with the employees. They were all friendly (considering the current state of things and the state of some of the GP). Kudo's to the staff. Everyone had a smile and seemed to be making the best of the situation. I am very impressed with both the staff and the training the management have done for a quick turn around start to the season. I couldn't have been more impressed. I saw employees enforcing the mask policies and felt very safe. Masks and Social Distancing were both heavily noticeable so thanks to the GP. It was easy to tell those that complain about having to wear masks either didn't show up, or wore them anyway. Either way they were definitely a small minority. The only thing I would suggest is using the International Showplace as a relax zone. (similar to what universal did with the Sinbad show area). This is of course assuming they are not going to have shows this year as they seem to have eluded to. Just seems like 1 or 2 more Relax Zones would be appreciated especially on a day like yesterday with 90 degree temperatures. Other than that had a fantastic day and am looking forward to going again Tuesday. Thanks again to the employees and management at KI. Your efforts and outward friendliness were notice and very much appreciated. I made sure to tell this to as many employees personally as I could, knowing that starting the 12 it will be a whole different ball game. Until then us pass holders really have no right to complain considering our passes were extended to the whole of next year. But I fear the non-pass holders won't be as understanding and hope they strongly consider and understand the current state of things at the park when they visit and don't take it out on the employees. If they do I hope the employees will find solace that those who complain are a minority (how ever vocal) and want them to know the majority of us appreciate the employees and their friendly, outwardly positive attitude is noticed and appreciated. If you feel the same I encourage everyone to greet employees with a "Thanks for Working 2020". And to upper management, I know money must be tight but I would hope these employees will be compensated likewise to their over and above performance. To all employees "Thanks for Working 2020" !
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.