Everything posted by robintodd
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
I thought the same thing. Nice to see something has been going on at the park besides Orion testing
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
That was sarcasm. Kind of goes along the line with people who where unwilling to wear seat belts till it was made a law. My mother was one of them. Her best friend was trapped in a car by her seat belt after and accident and died back in the early 60's. Scared my mother from ever wearing them till it was mandated. You should be able to qualify. By that logic and the findings of how many asymptomatic people there have been I think a majority of people have been in contact with someone with it. The questionnaire will probably contain a question like "Have you been in contact with anyone in the last X weeks that has had the COVID-19 virus?" Thanks for being an essential employee during these tough times (I'm essential and so is my wife who is a nurse and works in a hospital.)
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Which is why the president and everyone around him get's tested DAILY.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
I'd concur with that. Better to get kinks worked out before the July 4th holiday.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
It takes about 3 weeks on average to see the uptick. It's not just the people who go to the event, it's who they are around when the event is over as well and who they are around, etc, etc, US is trending down but may tick up again. Seems to be the pattern: https://www.google.com/search?q=cronovirus+deaths&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS839US839&oq=cronovirus+deaths&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.3934j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
"Yea, and I'm not going back till they stop making you wear shirts, I hate when my pits sweat." The virus numbers are up in 24 states. Important to watch the next couple of days to see how the memorial day weekend affects the spread.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
By the looks of the right side of the picture, looks like Seuss Landing, so I would guess Universal.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Looks like your theory may be wrong. Suprisingly it seems people are deciding to get jobs after all: Nonfarm payrolls rose by 2.5 million after a 20.7 million tumble the prior month that was the largest in records back to 1939, according to Labor Department data Friday. The jobless rate fell to 13.3% from 14.7%
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Looks like the extra $600 expires July 31st, barring any new amendment.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/resources/news-releases-news-you-can-use/governor-reopen-certain-facilities Here you go....
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Time to start back up the ez-pay monthly payments
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Couple of observations. The fun and sun + yum packages are cheaper than the plan fun and sun packages (I think they have them backwards since the yum packages include dinner which seems to be a different park eatery feature each week night). Second it stops June 28th. That would point to a July 1st opening (as I've said a horrible idea since having the first weekend on a holiday weekend will just increase the chances of a bad experience with all the new rules in place. Much better to wait a week till the 8th.). I wonder how business will be for just the hotels being open, especially since they are using the 'usual' rates. Would have been smarter to offer them at a 25 or 35% discount since the park is not open and to entice more people out of their homes. Either way, planning to be there last weekend of the season as always.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Kind of ruins the "no phones allowed on Steel Vengence"
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Just checked the Hotel Breakers booking and can't get anything before July 1st. Opening July 1st in my opinion would be terrible. Having the first weekend open the July 4th holiday would only see increased crowds which would equal increased problems. I my opinion if they are looking at July 1st, best make it July 8th for a soft open and July 10th for all. Having too many people too soon would look bad for optics as well as increase the spread. But I could be wrong....
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
I can see Winterfest happening because it is all about the lights and the atmosphere. Pretty easy to enjoy it even with social distancing. Haunt on the other hand, may be a year to skip it. Keep the park open, with some of the atmosphere, but haunts and scare actors would be tough.
-
Screamin’ Demon
Also after going forward there is an operator shack. I remember because I always used to wave to the ride op as we started going backwards! Loved that ride! Not very forceful to my memory.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Social distancing and masks is not and has never been about one's own health. It's other people. The fact that you can come in contact with it, not know you have it and then take it with you to other places you frequent where it is passed person to person until it hits someone in the vulnerable population. I wear my mask to protect the vulnerable of the society, not to protect myself. I do it for my fellow Americans. I figure it's the least I can do considering I had a grandfather and an uncle that wore a flight suit to protect Americans. It's kind of like cancer. Until it hits close to home people tend not to take the risk seriously. My wife is a nurse which is another reason I wear a mask. Every time she comes home I don't know if she is carrying or not. She is extremely brave and I love her more than words. I challenge you to find another cause of death that hit 87,000 americans in 3 months. People cite statistics and say "it's only killed 87,000 in a year". Wrong it's been 3 months. Which equates to 348,000 a year. However since the growth is exponential you need to account for the fact that every 3 month period doesn't start out with 1 death so the number is a little higher. We are now averaging on the low side 1,000 per day so at the current rate (during the stay-at-home) the toll for a year would be around 362,000 (((365 - 90) * 1000) + 87,000). Averaging 1,000 deaths per day. That's on the low-side we have seen deaths up to 2,000 a day and if that were maintained the number would be 637,000 (((365 - 90) * 2000) + 87,000). In 2016 the average was 102 deaths per day for deaths in auto accidents. Also wearing a seat belt is a law. Wearing something to help keep you safe, and nobody is protesting wearing those. I'm not suggesting not to go out. Do so responsibly (just like when they say to not drink and drive "drink responsibly"). If not for yourself, then for someone's grandparent or other at risk person. Stay safe and stay healthy. Oh, and Who Dey
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
I' m suse this is just because of the stay at home order timing and it may be changed but Hotel Breakers will allow you to book in June.
-
Coronavirus Impacting Theme Parks
Awesome. Simply a class act!
-
Timberwolf Memories
I used to go all the time. I've seen Heuy Lewis and the News (twice), Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Gloria Estephan and the Miami Sound Machine (3 times), Pat Benatar, Feetwood Mac, James Taylor (twice). I took my mom back in the day to see Air Supply. Lightning hit the stage and they had to stop the concert (blew the amp system). Guess we know what mother nature thinks of Air Supply. Wish they would do concerts like that again, now I just go to see Skillett when they are in town!
-
Wood Coaster Train Rehab Underway
Back in my day we had 1 single bar and no seat belt. Didn't hurt me at all except that when my wife turns on the microwave I pee my pants and forget my name for a month
-
Winterfest 2019 Discussion.
It noticed that the but at 9:15 pm they were $20.
-
CP questions
Upgrading to Platinum would be worth it if you are planning on going into the park/shores for 2 or more days. Also depending on when you go there are discounted rooms for platinum pass holders at the Breakers (mostly early-season). We stay at the Breakers at least 10 nights a year and LOVE IT. The staff is top notch and there is plenty to do in the hotel (Tomo's is amazing) as well as the indoor pool and arcade for when the weather ends up being 'not so nice'. It's also easier to the gates. There are suite rooms that can handle 6 people at the breakers. Never stayed at lighthouse point. Heard good things about it, just prefer the ambiance of the Breakers. One thing about the Breakers, there is no coffee makers in the room, so if you're a coffee drinker take your own (we have a single-serve kurig we take each time we go, along with a bottle of Baileys :)). Any other questions, just ask and have a great time!
-
Haunt 2019 Reviews
My guess would be less area to cover. Remember, it's not just the people working the stations. It is also security, sweepers, etc. But I agree it is way to crowded and confusing trying to do it all in Planet Snoopy.
-
Haunt 2019 Reviews
I went Friday night and was very pleased overall. I felt sorry for the "host" during the 7:30 release. He obviously wasn't let in on what the soundtrack was saying. He did his best. My suggestion would be either don't move your mouth at all (make it seem telepathic) or pull your hood over your head more and face your head down so no one can see your lips moving (or not). Either way I feel for him because it was obvious management didn't let him know the script for what is to be said. Aside from that it was a great way to kick of a great night. Also went Sunday with the grand kids and have some thoughts. First, all the Tween stuff is great. Orion could have used some more lights to see the 'clues'. The Mystery Museum was my favorite. Very will done with the story and the actors. I felt sorry for them because the line was 45 minutes long and people were confused as to whether it was a haunt like at night or not (one person even thought it was the old Tomb Raider ride:)). My suggestion would be that they could have the line for the tweens start at the fright pass entrance (since they don't offer fright passes for the tween stuff). That way people would see how 'long' the line is and can make a better decision on whether or not to wait. Several people were waiting in line from the cave entrance and giving up after it didn't move fast enough, or they saw that it just kept going. Again it was my favorite part and definitely needs to stay (it was nice seeing the Tomb Raider Idol in all her glory with lights on). Would also be good to get rid of the 'electricity' zapping noise during tween hours. Made the kids uneasy. Finally having the great pumpkin fest in Planet Snoopy is CROWDED and confusing. Sounds like a great idea on paper, but I can guarantee they ended up giving out way more candy than last year because of the proximity of the candy to rides, etc. Last year when it was separated form Planet Snoopy people had to commit and would probably only go over to the water park once and then come back to the main park. I would suggest looking at moving it to at least the picnic area so Planet Snoopy doesn't look so congested. Overall nice start to the Pumpkin Fest / Haunt season. Nicely done!