Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Avatar

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Avatar

  1. Wow and LOL – man you can tell this is an old thread did you guys see Ryan’s response in post 16. (I’m laughing with you and not at you). but in all seriousness I would like unique food stands best but the commercial brands are paying more so we are going to see more of them in the parks. I like both of them but I would not mind seeing a Panera for a nice variety, anymore I crave a nice seasonal salad even at Kings Island.
  2. With the economy and the prices in and out of the park, the only way I could see Kings Island putting a live Country Music show in right now at one of the big stages, is by having them sing/play their music backwards which is almost impossible to do live.
  3. Nice photo trip report. If your dad is 8 years old then that is the first eight year old that could shave that I have seen! Actually while reading your report and seeing all the smiles in your pictures, it looks like you have a special family and had a great memorable trip together. Heart warming, thanks for a nice friday night read.
  4. Yeah after the 50 foot platform description in the article, it made me feel like the old guy in one of Monty Python’s movies being carried out to the death cart saying “I’m not dead yet” and the care giver saying “well you will be soon”. But still I need to raise my hand and say I ventured where not many left can remember too. The saying “you don’t know what your missing” applies here. Because if more guest got exposed to the scenic view from that height there would be a much larger out cry to open it back up. Nice pictures, and for the love of Pete. Please tell me you got more pictures waiting to be uploaded.
  5. Looks like next week will be the official announcement of The Great Wheel Co. installing one of their wheels in Orlando. Here is a link to the blog Orlando Attractions Magazine In the blog it gives a link to The Great Wheel Company site which lists Orlando as a site of a wheel and the size of it.
  6. Sounds like you guys had a great time. It’s nice to spread a trip over two days for that more relaxed feel of “we’ll ride it when we get there”. Also your report did not seem long because it read well, nice report.
  7. Yes, I heard the two young men are now showing signs of post pardum depression like symptoms since their arrests.
  8. Disney recently announced their special events planned for the July 4th celebration and attached a photo of Mickey dressed very patriotic. May we look forward to a photo of D Helbig dressed patriotic too?
  9. I heard they had to post someone to watch them to make sure the did not take there cell room bars for scrap.
  10. Thanks guys for giving us a heads up on the 4th of July plans, it helps us planners and families to look ahead so we can make plans for that day. I will just say this I was very impressed and thoroughly entertained on the entertainment choices available on Knievel Day at Kings Island. If the Star Spangled Celebrations events are half as good, then in my opinion it will exceed my expectations. I will also add that I am impressed with whoever is planning the events currently at Kings Island it really taps into my interests and has got me enthused about the park this year, keep up the great work. We were seriously thinking of going elsewhere this year on the forth as we did last year but after the Knievel Day and having such a great time, we will entrust our holiday celebration to Kings Island. Hope to see you all there!
  11. Avatar replied to JAHill's topic in Kings Island
    Good to see you back – look forward to seeing your work again soon.
  12. Wow SFA has some amazing snow cones; not only do they turn your tongue the color of the cone but they also turn your toe nails the same color as can be seen from Miss Sparks photos. Wow!
  13. I like this idea to put all the members’ suggestive/wishful names of the rumored coaster in one place. In the above referenced thread I suggested I would like to see the word “Valley” put in the name in some way., because of the area it’s covers and because the name of the RR is Kings Island Miami Valley Railroad. Some possible with Valley in it: Miami Valley Coaster Miami Valley Mine Coaster Miami Valley Drop Coaster Beasts Valley I also like tggers in the other thread too.
  14. Thanks we did have a great time in fact I am still reminiscing that day. Phan-fare changed their public albums settings back to the old ways (thank-goodness) so here is a link to view the rest of the photos and videos I took that day for those interested. http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/BR16VeQT/1009485/1996215
  15. Goshorn Brothers, 3 Degrees, Kristen Key, Marsha Brady played in the Action Zone area of the park on the Clear Channel Stage and in order of the list. At 6 PM I did take a photo of a group playing but did not catch their name at the jump site stage aka Aces & Eights Harley-Davidsonstage.
  16. Last year was the first year we didn’t go on the 4th in the last few years because the lack of any events on the 4th of July. We worked on the 3rd when they held it last year. All was not lost as we decided to go to Turkey Run to try something new, and loved it and are considering doing it again this year too.
  17. I see, well Monday’s in June, July and August all list ERT for Nick Universe to include Scobby Doo, Fairly Odd, Lazytown Sportacoters and Swing a Long. HTH
  18. You can find some of your questions and opinions in this Thread http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...gold+pass+perks Link to KI Gold Pass perks official page is here. http://www.pki.com/images/products/08ki_goldpass.pdf
  19. Nice article from an honest cynical writer about Disney, I always worried about the cost until I went in the off season and at the end of out trip I said “I was wrong to think that Disney was too expensive” so we keep going back In fact it is cheaper to stay on site (Disney) than it is to stay with my brother 30 minuets away for free. I do subscribe to a paid site which really gives some great cost cutting tips and touring plans to make the trip more relaxing and memorable, like where to get a nice spot for parades and times to get there (later than you think) the guests down the both sides of Main Street USA, were there about 30 minutes before we showed up to stand at the rope facing the Cinderella Castle. In fact I apply many of the techniques to our Kings Island trips and we now tour Kings Island more relaxed and informed. If anyone is going let me know and I will pass some great info to you. I also developed a Picture Itinerary that has been e-mailed and downloaded thousands of times and if you would like a copy let me know. Here is a sample of our last trip Picture Itinerary. (You would make changes on the excel file I would send to you) expand the picture for the best view. Possible uses: frame to put in a scrape book, helps to get children involved in the planning, helps the non-planners to know what is coming next in a fun way, Helps to make a plan and to explain to your party what the daily agenda is, children like to inform everyone what is next in a way they understand, and many with autistic children and children with speech and hearing deficiencies have wrote to say these work great. I think young couples starting out with young kids worry about the cost (rightfully so) and miss out on a great family vacation in fear of the presumed costs. If you plan ahead you can do this very inexpensively. New Orlando Advertising ad billboard “What happens in Orlando, stays with you forever” Source; http://www.tampabays10.com/news/watercoole...x?storyid=82119
  20. Avatar replied to NatiReds084's topic in Kings Island
    I would like to see the look the security staff will give you when you haft to put all those nickels in their key buckets. I hope for you that they don’t break the nickel rolls to make sure nothing is in the middle of them.
  21. It’s sad that SF did not get the permit but even sadder that Agawan took so long to realize that they were hurting a business in their community as well as potential employees and tax revenue fro dragging there feet. I guess the bright side is both parties will look for a better way to treat each other in the future. Amazing.
  22. Thanks Interp – the first one is shot over a crowd and hard to watch at times, but the second one is shot from a good angle and you can see it very well. I like parades and night entertainment is really catching on, it helps get the kids to wind down a bit. Also helps keep the crowds in the park later and parents feel like they are obligated to buy their kids a glow in the dark toy. I wish KI would sync their fountains to music for a night show or even better with the fireworks that would get the crowds up front to hang out and shop.
  23. Ryan – nice job with the jump video, I liked the slow motion especially close to the ramp landing. What I am more impressed with is your special effects of the split screen videos and the timing and layering of the graphics. Great job!
  24. Nutrox28 it looked like your son had a blast, there’s nothing like seeing you children smiling ear to ear as you son was doing. In the one picture of your son by the Royal Fountain is you son flashing gang signs? Also I noticed you have joined here recently and just want to say welcome to the site. Just curios though had you been reading the forum for a while before you joined? I just ask because it seems like you are up to speed on your postings.
  25. Hey Robbie first just let me say I really liked the angle you got of the jump. As far as the Clown Band I took 37 pictures and 8 videos basically spanning over their last set plus the end of their 2nd set. I will put up a couple more photos and pictures but I think I am going to but a link to my Phanfare album of Saturdays pictures and videos, so that members can see all that was going on and so that the photos are not just sitting in cyber space with no views. I like this second one but i tried to tie the towwer in and turned the camera. so the player needs to be adjusted a bit, and i will do that.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.