Everything posted by PhantomTheater
-
Kings Island to Present Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular
Wasn't the original height 331ft before they replaced the antenna? Now that they got lights, they need to bring back Winterfest.
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
The system KI has makes more sense then CP's, where the guest go through turnstiles. For that reason is why CP does not allow rerides because it "messes up the ride count." However, you see people mess with the turnstiles all the time, thus messing up the ride count, the CP system is flawed.
-
Leap The Dips at Lakemont Park now an upcharge
Confirmed http://www.lakemontparkfun.com/parkadmission.html
-
2009 Attendence at Major Parks
Th13teen, drive the 401 and then tell me it isn't a bad drive. goodyellowkorn182, CW is an excellent park, in fact their I-street is the best IMO.
-
2009 Attendence at Major Parks
La Ronde is not close enough to CW to consider it competition (6 hrs, if the 401 actually moves). The only competition is during the Canadian National Exposition (CNE or The Ex) for 2 weeks at the end of August.
-
2009 Attendence at Major Parks
The reason Spashin Safari did not make the list is due to the fact it is not a separate gate. The water parks in the survey are separate gate admissions that don't require admission to a dry park.
-
KI Gay Pride 2010 Info!
^Gatlinburg is only 15 minutes from Dollywood, a park not to be missed.
-
Hanson Concert Coming to Moonlite Gardens
For those who can not remember Hanson, here is there annoyingly catchy hit
-
2009 Attendence at Major Parks
http://www.teaconnect.org/etea/2009report.pdf KI had approximately 3,000,000 million guest last year, outdoing the sister park to the north.
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
Remember, that app is unofficial and relies on other guest to update it. Also, the website list Geauga Lake, Americana, and Idora (which has been closed since 1984!). Somehow Erieview Park did not make it on to that app, as it closed more recently than the other two.
-
Kings Island New Website
I work Adventure Express....and I ask myself the same question all the time and have people tell me im lying when I tell them the ride rating is a 5....I could see it as a 4 It may not have the thrill of DB, but I still ride it every time I am in the park. I am also one of the dorks who move my arms up and down as we go up the final hill. Don't forget, to be a full dork one must make booming noises along with the arm motions.
-
Cedar Fair Hopes Consumers Will Start Spending Again At Parks
Vending machines are 3.75 (at least on opening day).
-
Cedar Fair Hopes Consumers Will Start Spending Again At Parks
I remember, when parks would allow one to bring the cooler into the park itself! That's what my family usually did, nothing beats making your own deli sandwich while watching a near by coaster. Now it's a picnic in the parking lot at most places, CP at least still has public shelters by main gate.
-
Heinz Out, Red Gold In At Cedar Fair Parks
^You think someone would have noticed by now and changed the computer. As for the ketchup, that is an interesting find. Not all resturaunt rules apply in an amusement park setting, look at the soft drink situation. If a chain opens up in park the normally have to honor the parks beverage of choice. An example of this was GL in the 1990's, as there was a Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell in the park that served Coke because that was the parks contract. My theory is that they still had some Heinz that they were getting rid off before moving to the inferior product.
-
Opening Day 2010
You forgot to add in the at least 5 times we ran into each other through out the day.
-
Beast with Water!
I like how the lead up is all GL, especially right before is the original wood colored Raging Wolf Bobs. I had looked to fast the first time, and was confused why there was water under RWB .
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
It's amazing how many times I've seen people fix their hair, make-up and what not on the midway, or on the rides them selves. The worst is usualy on physics day, because at least one person from each school is convinced that the midway is a catwalk! As for my lose articles, many of you are aware of my pouch that goes around my neck and down my shirt. In it is my phone, pass, car key, any money i may bring with me, and of course my Mean Streak emergency pain reliever. I do wear a hat that goes down my shirt on rides, and my sun glasses has a strap. If I bring a camera in, it is my intention not to ride anything that does not allow loose articles (except Wicked Twister as the bin is right next to the seat). Everything else is left in my car, which i go to if necessary (like to change jackets).
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
^That method of no loose articles allowed, drastically cut down my in park spending at Six Flags. Whats the point of buying something that I cant carry around? I wonder how many other people felt the same way.
-
Things that have changed
Apparently, someone got conductor uniforms confused with a kids engineer costume. The platform crew members who i talked to were not to happy with the change.
-
Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!
I braved the cold,and rode it twice (first at 9:40am nether the less) and can report, there is nothing in the back. It's just a nice log ride through the woods.
-
Are There FREE Handouts For Season Pass Holders Opening Day?
SWO had a free carnival(games and food type deal) for its season pass holders at the end of the season, they knew how to treat its pass holders.
-
Kings Island to open April 17 with familiar thrills, new 'Planet Snoopy' theme
Wasn't The Beastie just Scooby Doo, as Taxi Jam (or whatever its called this year) was Scooby Zoom.
-
Big Dipper for sale... Again!?
If you shall go, there is a green tarp on the fence along Aurora Rd. (OH 43). To get a shot of the dipper, I recommend parking at the Speedway across the street and stand on top of your car. As for the state of the Dipper, aside from a few boards near the turn around, she hasn't been touched since 2007. As for the trains, they are in covered storage on the WWK side of the park.
-
Nick Universe Remembered (photos)
Just a Figment of it.
-
Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?
That was a rumor, the tire fell into the lagoon!