Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

beastfan11

Members
  1. They need to refocus a lot of effort on Halloween decor in general, family friendly or not. I couldn’t care less what direction they go with it, but after two consecutive Sundays in the park I have severe second hand embarrassment as a result of how Coney Maul is “decorated.” Between collapsed tents, dumpy looking flags, and decaying mannequins I think they’re better off not doing anything at all at this point. There are houses on my street that do better than what’s out on display currently. Looks like a halloween yard sale taking up space in what should be one of the more beautiful looking areas of the park.
  2. Excellent work! Love what you’ve done with these. Makes me want to ignore work and mock up a few of my own! Haha. I’d love to see what you do with the water parks next.
  3. I’d like Six Flags to borrow this creative direction. Gives each park an opportunity to develop and retain its own identity, while creating synergy with the entire chain. No Six Flags Over Mason.
  4. beastfan11 replied to mikejenkins1's topic in Kings Island
    At one point they had a Haunt on the train. Unfortunately every time I did it, the train would break down and I’d have to walk back through the woods to get back to the park. Pretty freaky. Dead Cowboys, Headless Horseman… saw some crazy stuff. Joking aside, the KI&MVRR is severely underutilized for both Haunt and Winterfest. I’d love to see them do more with it. @mikejenkins1 - Not sure if this is helpful to what you’re looking for, but it’s been running during the day the last two Sunday’s I’ve been at the park. Not sure about Saturday’s, though.
  5. Six Flags Over This Stupid Merger
  6. Nah. Not stupid or ridiculous at all. Things have certainly taken a turn for the worse when it comes to social literacy as a whole. No doubt these types of issues have arisen in the past, but the circumstance of any particular situation whether recent or not, is irrelevant to an extent. The type of stuff you described has become awful over the last five to six years. Doesn’t make you look better than anyone for having common sense and decency. I’m with ya.
  7. Announcement From The Park Makes sense in light of recent events. Never had a chance to visit the park or ride this one, but sure did spend a lot of time there in RCT2. Good times. Curious to see what will happen next.
  8. Aside from the obvious addition of Christmas decor, it could be as simple as updating the music. I’m sure there would be a certain degree of re-programming involved, but alternate queue dialogue could really sell it. Wouldn’t need to be anything too fancy. I also thought someone from Sally mention the ghost note projections being able to change to other “objects.” Those could become presents, candy canes, maxed out credit cards, or other fun holiday icons. The family and I had the pleasure of riding Haunted Mansion Holiday a few times during our recent Disneyland trip and it really made me think about the opportunity it could create for the KI. It’s a similar situation in a lot of ways. Both parks are relatively season pass-heavy, and this kind of overlay could potentially drive attendance a bit more given it would be a limited time experience. Probably getting my hopes up for nothing, though. Money’s tight and I doubt there would be a budget for anything substantial like this. Who knows. One can dream!
  9. Per their Facebook, Baynum did some restorative work in addition to the painting. I still hate what’s happened to the park, but I’m happy to see that work is being done to save whatever is left of Coney. When it’s all said and done, my hope is that this “campus” can act as move of a public park space for people to enjoy without it being locked behind an over-priced, concert ticket paywall. Appreciate you sharing these updates,@BlondyRidesOn!
  10. Bob Chapek has entered the chat @IndyGuy4KI and others - think you guys are 100% right, but common sense seems to be a lost art nowadays, especially in these situations. CEO’s can often be treated as the scapegoat for shareholder dissatisfaction. Maybe it’s justified in some cases, but generally it seems pretty dumb to pull the plug on a CEO this quickly. Then again, this whole merger is pretty dumb. Having a CEO that actually values guest experience, overall quality of the parks, etc. seems to go directly against the anti-consumer direction of the chain as a whole. I don’t think it’s fair to let individual parks bear that responsibility entirely, but I’m not sure what could happen.
  11. Not an expert, but I’d also imagine the indoor factor could potentially extend its service life a bit too. It’s a cool coaster that I admittedly don’t ride all that often. That’s one of my 2027 park goals. Hoping it’s around for a long time. Seems to be a real people pleaser. Did Space Mountain yesterday in Disneyland and got off the ride thinking about what a total FoF overhaul could look like with new lighting, projection effects, and music. You could overhaul the story as well. Maybe not the greatest ROI, but if it ever requires some kind of refurb/retrack to keep it around, it could be a cool opportunity to make the ride “new” again. Or… just demo the coaster and put AF1 inside. It’ll fit, right?
  12. Hoping the reception matches the ROI with this one. I’d love for this to result in a focus on more thematically dense, immersive type of attractions. Feel like KI deserve that kinda thing. As weird as things are now, I like to think this era is going to result in the park being a “crown jewel” of whatever the chain does or doesn’t look like. The early era of Cedar Fair was weird, but it worked out pretty well.
  13. Apologies for the double post, but this seems to be making the rounds as yet another causality of this lovely merger. Grain of salt and all that…
  14. Fair enough. I say “hand-me-down” because it was designed for another park. I just think the standards are slipping when the masses are excited about a used coaster, when KI (and other potential parks) really justify something suited to the park specifically. Shoe horning this in for the sake of “just wanting a new coaster” is silly for a lot of reasons. The ongoing rhetoric behind not having any recent/major coaster additions is a wild take, given Orion, the parks largest coaster, opened six-ish years. I guess you could argue that it didn’t meet expectations or make the splash it was expected to, but it’s still a large investment (and a really solid coaster) that came on the eve of a global pandemic and shortly before this ridiculous merger. Expectations should be realistic, with no need to just “settle and be happy with what we have.” In short, it’s a major coaster addition that shouldn’t be overlooked or discounted., regardless of opinions. There are other options for the park that would be a better choice than forcing AF1 into an a space where it doesn’t fit. Between the ongoing potential of AZ’s future, the infamous Vortex plot, and the Tomb Raider building, it’s probably best to exercise a bit of patience in favor of seeing those potential projects come to fruition since they’ll (god willing) be tailored to KI in particular. I have no doubt it’s a great coaster, and I’m glad the plan is to save it as opposed to the wrecking ball solution. But like @WoodVengeance said, it would almost have to be modified in some way for it to fit at KI, whether it be layout or capacity related. It would be a shame to see it altered in any way that could alter the ride experience. I just can’t help but think the hype and excitement around the “new coaster, any coaster now” rhetoric is ultimately going to do more harm than good when it comes to future additions. It’s a weird time and the future is uncertain. It’s odd to me that a company that’s neck deep in a shark infested wave pool, financially speaking, decided to hedge their bets on this project turning things around. Unless they bought it for a song and the relocation costs justify it. Guess I don’t know for sure, so who knows. None of this is directed specifically at you @KI Guy. I get what you’re saying. This just seems like a very bizarre direction to take. But like I said before, I’m happy it’s being saved. Too many great parks, coasters, and rides have been lost. So that’s something to celebrate, at least.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.