Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BoddaH1994

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BoddaH1994

  1. You people will learn the fate of things in due time. I also think that you guys terrible underrate EPKI too. Granted it's still small, but he does his best to keep on top of things. If they just had a newer layout out and considered a faster server, they'd be serious competition.
  2. Hate to say it, but I think PKI_Man's right. I don't think we'll see another coaster for a very long time, although I do agree that a steel hyper would help a lot.
  3. Didn't somebody from EPKI get in trouble for doing that on The Beast?
  4. Can't we just agree that they both sucked really badly? This reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons when Homer catches Lenny and Carl sword fighting with plutonium rods and when he walks in he hears their argument which was something like: "I say Phantom Menace sucked more!" "Attack of the Clones sucked more!" "Menace!" "Clones!"
  5. Dude... the first minute and a half of the Lost Temple was a conversation!
  6. As I'm sure you know, we're going to have our now traditional last day of the season meeting day on Sunday November 7th! This will work just like last year, we'll meet at 12:00 under the Eiffel Tower. Please start a roster below if you intend to be there.
  7. Actually I have seen the film for Dracula and I am saying something like that.
  8. It could be integrated into a history book on the park.
  9. No and no. By lanyard, are you sure you don't mean key chain?
  10. Like I said, with two trains, FoF is sleighted to do 800. Realistic? No.
  11. Also bear in mind that FoF is supposed to do upwards of 2000 or so, but only does 800. It's supposed to run 4 trains, but only runs two. Like I said, it's an overestimate.
  12. Oh, come on people? NOTHING is worst than the Lost Temple.. nothing. Also, the concept of the movie is interesting... a ride simulation of a ride. Then again, I felt like my half hour was worth it just to see the old PT characters, the movie was just a place to sit down after that.
  13. We've considered merging the PKIC news and the PKI news forums, but other than that, we're pretty happy with the number we have now.
  14. They added the dates in late August, so it's not on the schedule.
  15. When they give you a capacity, that's a max. It's not necessarily what it's going to do typically or even on average.
  16. No, it's Nov 6th and 7th.
  17. Personally, I think your wrong on both accounts. I'm rolling with you on this one, Sparky. I've said on the other site, the 2nd gold age of coasters is coming to a close... will they get a new one in the next decade? Maybe, but probably not. I think we'll see more Hollywood-esque experiences in the next decade or so. I'm thinking more like dark rides, though.
  18. There's still a fine line between being entertaining and being annoying.
  19. Oh wait... just had another fond memory pop into my head. Steve, remember Curse of the Crypt during Fall Freak Out. Monster: "Grrrrrr!!!" Steve: (Screams like a little girl) "...good scare man, good scare" Happened around every turn. lol
  20. IJST will have a 1000 person per hour moving capacity (in theory), so it will be able to move about 200 more people per hour than FoF. That's not too bad of a sign right there. Of course the lines will be long for the first year. That's true for almost any attraction.
  21. I'm sad to see them go too, but it's progress.
  22. This reminds me of an Anger Management scene! Sing after me, Pat: "I feel pretty. Oh so pretty!"
  23. My favorite memory is how I happened to have a bunch of pens in my backpack and threw them on the ground to make Kimmy T pick them up. Good times... Or Steve, remember how we found out that we knew of eachother at media day? I thought you looked familiar, it's odd that we went to highschool together for a short tenure. (p.s. REAL Colonels wear RED) Taney, if you ever get in a bind for a marketing idea, I have a whole box of sparklers in my trunk at your disposal.
  24. They ask in the survey if you would visit the park if they didn't add a new attraction the following year. I'm wondering if they're going to add a large themed restaraunt in future and make that the new attraction. If you want my opinion on the situation, I think that PKI has a lot of work to do in an attempt to be a Disney-esque park. If they add small additions every year, they'll still be 50 steps behind Disney (which adds new attractions every year as well, thus we really make no progress). I think that expansion into largely themed areas would be a great idea for the park, but we should not sacrafice that treasures that we already have and that make PKI a great place. Now, they do have some options. Let's say that take out wings and retheme it as a sitdown restaraunt as a theme. Yes, they are likely removing a restaraunt for a better restaraunt, but in instinces like that, are they expanding or simply replacing? When you look at this coming year's expansion, we more or less traded two rides for one. The Eagles and the Tiques were treasured rides for patrons, both young and old, and were replaced by a ride that, in my opinion, could have gone nearly anywhere in the undeveloped land of the park. Is it necessary to be out with the old and in with the new? Yes, absolutely, but why not have PKI as the only park in the world that is the best of Hollywood entertainment, as well as truely capturing the nestalgic feeling of the traditional family amusement park? That answer is, it can. From what I have collected, one of the biggest problems in the amusement industry today (and PKI is no exception) is staffing. We have all seen the sour results of a lack of employees. A lot of parks actually bring in employees from other countries who, while being employees of the park, get a summer long vacation to America. Why can't PKI try that out? Just my two cents, Ryan
  25. As you may or may not know, today is the end of Steve Boehmker and Kimberly Taney's season at PKI. You may know them as those wonderful PR people who helped make events such as Beastbuzz and Fall Freak Out possible. Dane and I have had the pleasure of getting to know them personally over this past season. Their hard work has not only made 2004 The Beast season for our community to date, but it has also made a great place like PKI just that much better. I would like to express my gratitude for all that they have done this season. I feel confident that both of them will be extremely successful in their fields in the future. Both of you are both great professionals, and great friends. Regards, Ryan Kentucky kids represent!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.