Everything posted by BoddaH1994
-
Coney Mall Updating
The fog that I did see work is the stuff that shoots out breifly to the right of the entrance of the saucer when the ship is going crazy.
-
Coney Mall Updating
^ I saw the fog work either this season or least. I'm pretty sure it does work, it probably just needs to be filled. The people floating was never really that great of an effect. I think someone in a pod with a Pink Panther covered in dust is creepy enough! Which lights are we talking about?
-
Coney Mall Updating
If you think about it, FoF is really about 90% in working order, which is phoenominal for a Paramount Park. With the exception of some lights burnt out, the only themeing that doesn't work is the stuff that no longer goes with the video (i.e. the projected vertical and horizontal lines). It may be dusty in there, but it works!
-
Italian Job
You see, that's another very good point right there. When you think back, it seems like it's been a long time since we had a kiddyland expansion, but SDATHC was just two years ago. Conclusion: everything is still up in the air.
-
Updating
^ I disagree with that. I love the classic look that Coney Mall has to offer and how that any "modern" ride can't bee seen entirely from the midway. I think that was the original intention. I'm just wondering how they're going to prevent IJST from being overly loud with all of the effects....
-
Italian Job
I think they concentrate on one area at a time per year... 2005: Coney Mall 2004: Waterpark 2003: AZ 2002: Rivertown 2001: Nick Central 2000: AZ 1999: AZ <--- That's the only exception. I guess logically IF we get something in addition to a kiddy expansion, it would be AZ, but I don't necessarily see that happening since AZ is so crowded anyway. My guess would be it would be a Rivertown expansion of some sort, so they can dispurse the AZ crowds a little. RT has plenty of room for more foot traffic since it doesn't dead end like AZ does. Just look at the area next to The Beast, PLENTY of room for a stratacoaster.
-
Updating
As far as attractions go, I think that they're decently spread out amongst the areas. If we're talking about revamping, I'd like to see AZ get a paint job and maybe some touch-ups in Coney Mall.
-
Italian Job
My guess is that we're getting a kiddy expansion and something for adults in 06. It seems like they are realizing that teenagers make up a good amount of their fan base and shouldn't be neglected. This is made evident with the 2003 Delirium/Scooby double expansion.
-
Italian Job
I wouldn't doubt that they cut some sort of deal for getting two rides, but at the same time, I don't think the price cut is a major consideration when planning.
-
Is Cedar Fair wanting to buy PKI?
I don't think that's true. I think that if parks started dumbing down what the definition of a "coaster" is, they'll destroy the market for them. CP having tall and long coasters is great now, but if a coaster is, by definition, just a highly-themed wild mouse, then asking were the tallest coaster in the world is will be like asking where the biggest log flume is, no one will care.
-
CP announces maXair
I do find this move to be quite odd. You'd think that the way to make CP stronger is to draw more and more away from PKI's fan base. You really can't do that by copying their rides, unless you're assuming that the sole reason why people go to PKI is for Delirium.
-
Ideal Thrill Ride
Well, the "ultimate" thrill ride would be something different for everybody since most people are looking for different elements. Personally, I think a coaster with a lot of length and several different elements would be the best. Maybe even incorperate themeing that actually adds to the ride experience.
-
What is the best PKI gold card perk?
Oh, come on people! It's walk on weekends, hands down!
-
Italian Job
I'd love to sit here and tell you that the Italian Job is going to work all the time for years to come, but in all reality, if you've been to the park, you can imagine what happens...
-
Countdown to Opening Day
Limerick time: How about a blast From the past Most people like this time of year best This has to do with _________ Some of you think the next update will be bold. But most employees will find this stuff to be pretty old. Something that PKIC can proudly flaunt. Maybe something to do with a special restaurant?
-
PKI Wins at Big E Awards
I just hope they utilize the talent that they have next year. The two major shows in the Paramount Theatre this year, being Magic of the Movies and the Friday the 13th thing. They spend a million dollars renovating the theatre (which was great, I must add) but as opposed to utilize the new technology to have a talented showcase, it became a matter of showing of the new technology. It kind of reminded me of Stuart saying, "Look what I can do!!"
-
PKI Wins at Big E Awards
The talent has never been the problem with PKI's shows. Correct, the performs cannot help if the show sucks anyways. That's what I was getting at....
-
PKI Wins at Big E Awards
The talent has never been the problem with PKI's shows.
-
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Since RCT3 isn't working on my machine, I have rediscovered RCT2 instead. My thing to do is to create a thriving park and then shut down rides, raise prices to unbelievable leves and then cut paths at exits so it'll end up with two or three squares with 1000 people on them. If you build a guarenteed-to-fail raide (as in, a launched freefall that's too short) and put the entrance and make it wait for a load, it blows up with people on it. The funny part is, I cut the path to the exit to the park, so everyone is trapped in, but when the people get blown up, then number of patrons in the park remains the same. Kind of odd. I had a park rating of zero after about an hour of running it into the ground. I was hoping that the safety commission would shut it down or something, but I suppose not.
-
Two new videos on PKIC
I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the videos. Bill and I have been discussing plans for PKIC on the media side for about a month now and we decided that videos are going to be a significant part of our 2005 season. I really want to make a video next year that includes all of the employees who post on the site, so I'll have to grab the camera and find all of you! I have an Eagles tribute video of my own, but elected not to upload it because I didn't want to have Eagles overkill! If you are interested in seeing it, just IM me (AIM name is the same as my name on here) and I'll be more than willing to send it to you. If there's any kind of demand, we'll just put it on the site. In the meantime, check out Zoso's tribute video! Ryan
-
PKI Wins at Big E Awards
I think she's the African-American lady who has a solo in Tuned In!.
-
Italian Job
If I had a choice, I would have chosen an Addams Family theme myself, but I'm more than willing to give IJST a chance. Let's just hope it doesn't fall into the first year ride curse and suffer from a lot of downtime!
-
Countdown to Opening Day
They're going to love all the stuff we have in the vault just ready to break out!
-
Countdown to Opening Day
Come on people, just look forward to Christmas. After that, you should start seeing more and more interesting construction updates to tickle your fancy and entertain you through the offseason. Until then, enjoy the updates that we throw at you!
-
PKIC Apparell
Except for the thong, that goes to charity. j/k