Everything posted by luff
-
Son of Beast/ Flight Deck Over Haul
Hey I wear a black polo with some company's name on it. And I am in mexico where it is cooler than the midwest right now. Does that mean I know inside information on Six Flags Mexico?
-
Universal/Islands of Adventure PTR
ooh I remember that braking pain. Even bouncing against the ghoster in front of you.
-
Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing
It's tough to tell from my pictures, but Silver star runs right down the middle of the parking lot at Europa park They also have a walkway covered by solar panels there.
-
What park to visit?
Try entering canada for work! The ease and niceness is gone.
-
Pictures from Soak City VIP Weekend
Nice. I like the bright new colors on "Pineapple Pipeline"
-
Six Flags Great America TR
Thanks for the TR. I too rode on the right side of Xflight and really enjoyed the keyhole. You know for sure that you will go through it, but still seeing the tower come right up to you is unique. Did you notice that the east river crawler was missing?
-
Rocky Mountain Construction
A little technical article about Rocky Mountain. The print version has been sitting on my desk for over a month. http://machinedesign...sters-soar-0119
- Wouldn't this be great for SOAK CITY:
-
TR Busch Gardens "Christmas Town"/Williamsburg
Good trip report. Thanks for the information. I drove by BGW a couple of weeks ago, but was not sure if it was worth the ticket price.
-
Kingsisland.com is down
I miss the days of short URL's In the early 90's I would e-mail @mot.com Today it would be @motorolasolutions.com My favorite from this week @continental-corporation.com
- Ohio Renn Faire
-
New for 2012! Kings Island's Water Park Doubles in Size and Becomes Soak City!
Not trying to argue with you, but if Six flags local parks are making the decisions, then what is with this years ride rotations? I would think that would be directed by corporate.
-
What new 2012 attractions are you most excited for?
#1 X-Flight for sure. We will be getting our first Six Flags Season Passes next year. #2 Mythos. I hope to get to ride it next year. Edit...
-
What KI coaster have you ridden the most times?
That's an easy one. Racer because it has been there the longest. Yes Scooby/Beastie has been there too, but I stopped riding it until I had kids.
-
Iron Wolf To Be Removed From Six Flags Great America
Ninja, which one? I would much rather ride ninja at SFMM than the Wolfie. I'm Just glad my son got to ride Iron Wolf for the first time two weeks ago.
-
How crowded today?
And here north of Chicago, I got no rain. Worked in the yard all day then to a block party. It goes to show how different weather can be just miles away.
-
Dollywood Christmas
Very Cool. Looks like the place was busy.
-
Cedar Point Winter Tour PTR
Great pictures. This is the type of things us fans love to see.
-
Toyota - "Ideas for Good" commercial - Rollercoaster
What the Toyota commercial is showing is just regenerating the braking at the end of the ride. What they are missing is that all the potential energy on the fist hill does not make it into the kinetic energy at the end. A lot is bled off, that is why the following hills can not be higher than the first (unless you shoot some more energy in the system) Now FD has a ton of energy on the brake run, i bet they could save some money there
-
Beast will lose record for longest wooden roller coaster in 2011
And then there's that time that Cedar Fair built the tallest, fastest roller coaster in the world, and then twenty-five million dollars and a few short months later, it wasn't anymore. Many time CF has built the tallest coaster in the world, and it was always broken. The unique thing about The Beast's record is that it has lasted this long.
-
Avatar's 2010 Fall Vacation
Avatar Another great job on your trip reports. Thanks so much, I know how much time it takes to put a report of your quality together. Its nice to see the warm Florida weather when I am stuck on the road in cold and rainy Cincinnati this week.
-
Disney World Reports Flat Attendance
We are one of the families that did the IOA Harry potter vacation this year. Usually we do disney every other fall, but this year we spent 0 days at WDW. We stayed at a very nice orlando hotel, and Flex passed it to all the big parks. The kids still had a blast, and we saved some money on the deal.
-
Kings Dominion tips?
I was just working in the area and got a day off. It was a complete coincidence that the TPR bash was going on too.
-
Kings Dominion tips?
Congratulations TombRaiderFTW, and great advice goody. I had an unexpected first trip to Kings Dominion last Sunday. Here are some additional comments to the awesome advice already given here. Volcano. This was my longest wait for the day. 1 hr 20 minutes, while all the other waits were less than 15 minutes. They only had one train running when I entered the line. On a summer weekend? The dozens of ThemeParkReview crew cheered when they finally added a second train. Still a very fun ride. Dominator. Not my favorite, I got quite a bit of head banging. Shockwave. I had assumed that this ride was almost identical to the King Cobra. The first half is the same, but the last half is different. Good ride, that didn't seem to jerk me around. Also don't forget the Rebel Yell. I have ridden The Racers so much, that I could really enjoy the slight differences. I also enjoyed the Avalanche, a nice Mack bobsled ride. The park is FULL of trees, even the two kids areas. Hope you have a great time there.
-
Flight Commander
Well said Terpy. Before the incident, I would ride it every trip staying upside down as long as possible. After the mods, it was not possible to keep the pod upside down. We stopped riding it, even when we went for the ride every ride trips.