Everything posted by silver2005
-
2017 Kings Island park changes & upgrades
Goble will be delighted to know that the spinning wheel games are now entirely front of the line tickets.
-
2017 Kings Island park changes & upgrades
Dodgems looks amazing.
-
How was your ride on Mystic Timbers?
My Mr T Review I think the nickname is fairly appropriate for the ride. For those GP that say it's not up to snuff because of the stats, it pities the fool. Its a fantastic ride from start to finish. The pre-lift is a decent build up, the ride paces very well, there's airtime everywhere including on elevated turns where you wouldn't think there'd be air, laterals were decent, the s-curve into the tunnel is everything I'd hoped, and the trick track into the jump up to the brakes and making that subtle banking turn is a great way to cap things off. It's soooo great having the best wooden coaster trains conceived by man in the park. This is easily a top 5 woodie for me. Shed Spoilers
-
How was your ride on Mystic Timbers?
^That kind of displays another great part of Millennium Flyers- while there is a difference between the back and the front, there's more consistency between the seats than any other wooden train.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
The good news is the slight risk for rain today and Saturday has disappeared from the forecast, but Sunday is still looking mighty wet.
-
24 Stranded On Joker's Jinx at SFA
I think JJ might be the only Premier spaghetti bowl model to have this occur so often (others including the FoF twins, SFFT's Poltergeist, and Crazy Cobra at Discoveryland in China).
-
Mystic Timbers Coverage on Media Day
Just out of curiosity, can you make out what's going on in the shed from the queue/station? Or is it more well concealed? silver2005, who will be bringing his headphones with his phone on Friday. I also love the way the train looks approaching the station. It looks like its meandering through an old saw mill town.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
If the rain on Sunday could be on par with the epic Haunt meet up of 2014, that'd be great.
-
Mystic Timbers Construction Progress
Yeah, I'm definitely getting a back seat ride on this over the weekend.
-
Kings Island as a Resort
One reason I suspect CP can work as a resort better than Kings Island is location. Kings Island is in a far more urbanized location and has more competition with hotels along with being closer to Cincinnati than Sandusky is to Toledo or Cleveland. There's also far more to do within, say, 20-30 minutes of Kings Island than there is within a similar radius of CP.
-
Mystic Timbers Construction Progress
Dang, even on the slightly more stretched out bits, GCI squeezes in some trick track. The turn around section looks crazy awesome.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
^Does Lucas' snow summoning cover other forms of precipitation?
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
Well, at least Friday and Saturday are rain only. Sunday is looking like thunderstorms.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
Unfortunately, I see rain in the forecast for this weekend, a very low chance on Friday, slightly higher chance on Saturday, and Sunday has the highest chance.
-
Mystic Timbers Construction Progress
If they're dispatching that quick, they may be training the crew tonight.
-
Mystic Timbers Construction Progress
It absolutely flies through that 2nd hill. EDIT: If you want to see it go through the whole course, see the Diamondback cam. Its tearing through the entire course. I'm more giddy about this than Thunderhead. It's also entering the brake run rather quick to give you an idea of how is pacing through the course.
-
How is it like working at KI
A tip I would have in giving directions around the park is don't always use ride names to describe landmarks. Guests can often forget which rides are which, so try to use visual cues instead of ride names (ex. Vortex- the big coaster in the back with the loops, Banshee- the magenta and blue coaster in the front, Racer- the white coaster, etc). Use more than one way to describe a path.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
Come to think of it, its kind of surreal seeing Kings Island nearly tied in coaster count with Cedar Point. I never thought that'd ever be a possibility.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
I do like all the pass holder ERT events the park has scheduled this season. Definitely will plan on attending a few.
-
Mystic Timbers Construction Progress
I imagine it'll be spoiled immediately on social media.
-
Mystic Timbers Construction Progress
^You could fit a few flats and a restaurant back there easily.
-
What to expect on Opening Day at KI for the 2017 season
LED's on Vortex's lift and inversions please.
-
Mystic Timbers Construction Progress
That whole area between the Eiffel Tower, Grand Carousel, Backlot, Diamondback, and Coney Mall could use some attention.
-
RMC track at KD
Well, to be honest, Carowinds' wooden collection even with Thunder Road was hardly anything to write home about.
-
Mystic Timbers Construction Progress
I almost thought they replaced RT LaRosa's with that for a moment, then I realized there is a set of games between that and the games building that faces diagonally.