Everything posted by silver2005
-
Cedar Point Fast Lane discount
Sweet, one of the days I'll be up at CP is a ERT night for Millennium Force and Valravn!
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
Other things I noticed today- - Firehawk has a red 0 car for both trains now - The band for Off the Charts was rehearsing at park close - Goodness gracious Racer needs re-tracking. Even the good seats are getting a bit on the rough side - Diamondback's crew is much improved over previous years, happy to see that with it being my current favorite steel coaster - I'm constantly in amazement whenever I walk down I-Street so far this season, the music brings back so much nostalgia (I know this has been said about a thousand times, but thank you so much KI for bringing the music back), I'm also glad they kept Racer's 70's music station soundtrack - The 80's songs in the shed never get old, Mystic Timbers is kind of the Guardians of the Galaxy of coasters Going back next Tuesday after work to finally get my first Beast night ride of the season along with some Timbers night rides.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
So I went up to the park after work thinking it was a 10 pm close only to realize an hour into my 2 hour visit that it was an 8 pm close. I did get a lot of rides in 2 hours. The list is as follows- Bat, Banshee, Drop Tower, Delirium, Viking Fury, Diamondback, Vortex, Racer, Adventure Express, and Mr T for the Timber Tuesday thing. Not too shabby. Also ran into Liz.
-
Cedar Point 2017 Talk
I always enter back at Soak City, start at Magnum, work counter clockwise to Gemini, Maverick, Mine Ride, etc, maybe work in Dragster while I'm at Magnum, then work my way up front.
-
Current wait times
Schools are starting to get off now. Oak Hills just had its graduation yesterday.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
Hyper coasters are supposed to stand out. 200+ ft coasters tend to do that. I can't think of one that doesn't unless its at a park that's one up'ed it by installing a giga (or in CP's case, 2 up'ed it with a giga and a strata coaster).
-
Favorite food and restraunts at Kings Island
When Juke Box is on their A game, they are a bit underrated. I do love eating at I-Street LaRosa's though. Reds HOFG is also pretty good. Rivertown Potato Works, blue ice cream, and Graeters are also great classic food at the park.
-
The Great Lake Escape and Steel City Adventures- silver2005's Kennywood, CP and MIA TR
So I just saw that KI's first midnight close is on June 24th, which is conveniently during the days off I have from Skyline for my CP/MIA trip. Might do a Fast Lane visit that day if anyone is interested in a meet up (the 23rd is my drive back from Sandusky to Cincy).
-
Coasterstock 2017
^I live just west of downtown Cincy, so whatever is on top of me gets on top of KI within a half hour. Currently very dark, some winds, lightning in the distance to the west, no rain just yet. EDIT: Just started raining. EDIT2: We're now at cats and dogs level of rain.
-
Coasterstock 2017
Just so you guys know, there is a black cloud of death heading your way. It got dark here on the west side in a hurry.
-
The Giga Speculation Thread
^You literally posted the same post verbatim in another thread.
-
Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown!
Here's the page where I found it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kings_Island_attractions
-
Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown!
Bear with me for using Wiki, but it says Arrow and Hopkins made our flume.
-
Better night ride (poll)
I should also mention Vortex fireworks rides are pure chaos. Total sensory overload in an amazing way.
-
Better night ride (poll)
I have yet to get on Timbers at night, but my top coasters for night rides include Beast, Bat, Banshee, Diamondback, and Adventure Express.
-
Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread
Pretty sure you're preaching to the choir on this one, considering what website this is.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
As for actual advice, KK is kind of set up to do whatever at you leisure. I spend time wondering around and riding whatever I felt like and still got a lot done including hitting the 4 main coasters multiple times (sans T3, not that great a coaster IMO). Just try not to traverse the bridge too much. Lots of climbing involved, though, there is a crosswalk below it. Also be forewarned- the water park side of the park makes no sense from a logical path point of view.
-
Has the Goodyear Blimp ever flown over Kings Island?
The blimp has been around KI, but I think it was during the time of year when the tennis tournament is going on across I-71, not necessarily for KI, but you could at least see it from the park.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
Or you could do what I did and pull in at a random gate and drive the big circle around the expo center.
-
Kings island losing power often
Duke is apparently fixing it already. http://local12.com/news/local/problem-that-caused-ride-shutdowns-at-kings-island-reportedly-identified-fixed
-
Gold pass night ERT: Thu, May 18
I'm going to the other 3, just not this one. Got my fill of Banshee ERT on its opening year.
-
Cedar Point 2017 Talk
I've had the fortune of never being evac'ed. silver2005, furiously knocking on wood.
-
Current wait times
BTW Beast was down for the first hour after the park opened. It's been a weird day for ride operations.
-
Current wait times
Did the park decide to stop working after I left? As for the slow ride ops at nearly every ride, I caught on that a lot were new trainees, hence the slow day despite the school group apocalypse.
-
Current wait times
Just relaxing by the fountain until 3:45, leaving for Newport then.