Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IndyGuy4KI

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IndyGuy4KI

  1. Thanks so much!
  2. My schedule opened on 6/24 so I decided to take a a trip over to Mason Ohio for the day. I invited a cousin of mine named Kylee who loves KI, but only had made it to KI once so far this season. She arrived at my house at 7AM. I had to get my kids ready for the baby sitters so we really did not get on the road till 7:30. This was a concern for me because KI was right at 2 hrs door to door from my house and wanted to make it for ERT. With it being a weekday, I was not sure if I would run into any traffic jams. Luckily there were no traffic jams although we did have to go through a few construction zones. We arrived at the parking lot booths right at 9:24. We got in pretty quickly and grabbed everything we wanted to take in with us and darted towards the entrance. The metal detectors had just opened up as we were about 1/2 way up from the gold pass lot. We got in and headed towards WS. We got in line and got on WS in about 20 minutes. We really enjoyed WS, it is very calming and relaxing, and the music is a geat touch. I am not sure how a person afraid of heights would manage? Looking straight down was quite a thrill for me. The view and skyline was awesome up there! We then headed towards Vortex to finish ERT. We got 2 rides on Vortex. When we came back to the station on the first ride there was no one in our row, so we stayed in our seats and were just talking waiting on the train to unload and reload. Another pass holder looked at us and asked if we needed help. I said no we were waiting on a reride. The lady looked at us like we were crazy for ridding a second time. I looked at my cousin and said. That was funny, someone asking us if we need help getting out of Vortex This will be ironic later in the trip report. We then headed towards DB for it was calling our name. I got a shot of WS between the supports. We got a great ride on DB and then noticed RFYLCB had an empty queue so we headed towards it and got a more than average damp ride on it. We then hit up Beast, and then BLSC. I got a good pic of a train coming out of the billboard while in the queue. I got another shot of WS as we were getting of of it as well. We then headed up CM making our way to Racer. Dodems was not to crowded, and normally don't ride this when by myself. We had a fun ride on it and then hit up Red Racer. Blue racer was testing, but it was right before 12:00 so we did not get to Race. We then headed towards AE and rode. After we got off we noticed that blue racer was then open so we headed back to ride blue for Kylee wanted to race. We rode Blue and won although red was ahead before the turn around so that is where red looses it's lead it seems. We were getting hungry so we headed to Rivertown Junction. They added some center pieces to the tables which added a nice touch to the atmosphere. After stuffing ourselves we looked out the windows and what do we see? Diamondback. My favorite reason for eating there. When you are done, you are right next to the DB queue! So we got in line, it was about a 20 min wait so that allowed our stomachs to settle a little. Had another great ride on DB. Kylee wanted to ride Delirium so he stated heading that way and noticed BBOBH did not seem to busy with strollers, so we got a ride on it. We then made it to Delirium, and then hit up DT and FD 2 times. I did get a pic of the new queue props. I hope to see more of this type of additions through out the park in the future. On our 2 rides on FD we went from back car to the front car and made Kylee tell me why I liked the front better than the back, but not before I let her decide for herself which one she likes better. She agrees with me, 1-1 is the better seat. We then hit up VF, and then we headed back to DB. We then were heading to Beast when I heard from DIesealtech20 that he and a friend were in the park and wanted to meet up. So we waited for them under the DB helix. All four of us got a good ride on Beast. We then headed for Vortex. Here is where the irony comes in. When we got back to the station I realized my restraint somehow stapled me in. I did not have the wiggle room to release myself with my own arms. After 3 tries and realizing I was not going to be able to do it myself I had to have DIeseltech give me the push to release my restraint. This is the first time since I have been able to ride Vortex that this has happened. I guess I needed that help after all. Since we heard some things got fixed in the saucer at FOF we decided to hit it up next. We did notice quite an improvement in lighting in the FOF queue and in the station. Very Nice! We then hit up Blue Racer and of course we won. The kids in the red train were in denial for some reason? We then hit up Delirium. While in queue we heard from KIfan1980. So he was waiting for at the exit when we got off. Out of nowhere is Tom76###. At this point there is 6 of us and we head towards FD. I got a better picture of the jet now in the queue. We then took a ride on DT. This one was better than my first ride for I was more relaxed this time and that makes a big difference on DT. We then headed back to DB since a few had jut got to the park and wanted to ride it. It was about 8:15 when we headed towards DB and we wanted a full night ride on WS so we rode a few more things after DB. We got another ride on Beast, Vortex again and then we got in line for WS. As we were getting ready to enter the queue we meet up with BoddaH1994. We waited in queue for WS and the fireworks started going as the cycle before us was about to end. We got to see the finally as we were going up on WS. That was a cool experience! Here are some night pics of WS that I took. After our ride on WS we headed out towards the parking lot and we all talked out there for about 40 minutes before leaving. Thanks again KI for making it another great day at the park!
  3. Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!
  4. I think your shirt money was spent on the pavers in CM. Something for everyone to enjoy.
  5. Great Pics. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
  6. On 6/17//11 I was able to take the family over and check out the all new Dinosaurs Alive! The whole family had a blast and we highly recommend anyone to NOT miss this experience. We also watched the 3D movie and it was great as well! Kings Island did a great job with DA and everyone we saw really seemed to be enjoying themselves! Here is a small preview of what to expect at Dinosaurs Alive. I also added a fun ending to the video! I hope you enjoy it!
  7. I guess so!
  8. It is very cool seeing pics of the place we love so much being born!
  9. During Coaster Mania those shocks were already on the ride as seen in the pic above.
  10. I want to know what the bolt was made out of she referenced. If that had been a real bolt, I do not think she would have have been so care free with it.
  11. Glad you had a great trip. HW really does a great job of making sure everyone has an enjoyable experience!
  12. I know you're a little younger than me, but please tell me you remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books! I used to love those things! http://en.wikipedia....r_Own_Adventure I don't know, maybe they weren't as popular by the time you got to elementary school... Can't say it jogs any memories gator. Sorry!
  13. I know it is disappointing that it has not opened yet, but my opinion is that KI should take as much time as needed before taking me 301' in the air on it. Safety is way more important than any deadline or upset visitors who came to ride it.
  14. Where is this book we are jumping pages around in? Well from a logistical standpoint, if I get my blue ice cream in AZ I will do 47 and then 39. If I get my blue ice cream in PS 39 and then 47. (This emoting works for us eating our blue ice cream! )
  15. Purchase it just like everyone else in the what seems to always be a 10 minute line or longer. I may not like it, but I know to expect higher prices at the park. It seems that most families that visit KI accept that fact judging by the lines at food stands. This is no different than going to a ball game at a local stadium. Same situation, different venue. I would still wager to guess there are a lot more people eating in park than outside at the cooler or elsewhere.
  16. I took my first ride on Mantis during CM and other than feeling like I weighed 800 pounds for about 10 seconds, I really enjoyed it. Can't say it is a reride machine, but worth the experience now and again.
  17. I plan on taking the family to KI on Friday. I am certain a stop for Blue Ice Cream is on the addenda for the day!
  18. I am usually a back seat rider but 1-1 is the best seat on FD in my opinion.
  19. Clean, friendly, very reasonable in park items including food. I highly recommend it. I went for the very first time 2 seasons ago and make a point to go there at least once a year now. I really thought I would get bored with only 3 coaster, but they are such good coasters the quality makes up for the quantity. Now, I really was not taken in by Raven like other people tend to be, but Voyage just WoW's you every time you ride it.
  20. Awesome, I am sure it will be a good time!
  21. You just can't seem to win this one can you gator?
  22. HW is going for another record setting year. What do you think? News story here! http://www.fox41.com/story/14869448/always-something-new-at-holiday-world?clienttype=printable
  23. I think you will have a great time. I don't know anyone who goes to HW and walks away saying I never want to go back or that they had a terrible time. I look forward to your Trip report when you get back!
  24. Thanks for the report the pics turned out great!
  25. I am a little confused by your statement. Do you not think their current inversion trains would be able to take the speed of a 200ft drop? I would think their currently designed inversion trains would work unless they are not designed for the faster hyper coaster drops.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.