Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IndyGuy4KI

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IndyGuy4KI

  1. I agree, can't wait to see it in person.
  2. Do you have a link for that?
  3. Although it looks like a great ride, I don't see a mine coaster being that big of a boost for attendance.
  4. What I suggested was a launch coaster similar to Maverick starting with the power of the second launch,but without the inversions. I also recommended no OTSR's, and with no inversions that should not be unreasonable. I do not think they should start with an inverted coaster and as long as they do not do compact steel like Indiana Beach's 3 steel coasters, then anything will be pretty unique. I wish B & M had a launch coaster!
  5. Fun read, thanks for posting. Did the girls find out if their cell phones were water proof?
  6. I think this is very weird coming from a company that their main business was TV and film. I am sure they had hundreds of people employed by them in CA that could have came to the parks to create some great top notch live entertainment shows that could have competed well with other parks known for their live entertainment. Now you have CF who probably did not have the resources Paramount had at the time come in and turn the shows from a late night cable show to a prime time show.
  7. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
  8. Sorry for the double post, but I disagree with this quote in their TR. I never heard anything about a coaster come out of his mouth, just that an announcement would be made this time next year. I am not saying it is not a coaster, but don't think he hinted it was a coaster.
  9. Can I ask where you read that at? It seems to "predictable" to be true. I mean, that's been my guess for the last year and a half. I just want to make sure the source is somewhat reputable. Elmer- Texas Giant. If your still not sure, do a bit of searching. Shouldn't be too hard to find. And from what I've read, a 3 hour wait for Texas Giant isn't too uncommon now. It may not be written down anywhere as of yet, but as Avatar states he was there, along with IBEWSparky and myself. I am sure at least a few other members of this site were there as well. Several CM people were video recording the session so you might be able to find the whole thing on the web soon to hear the full answer to the SOB question. Several options were brought up in his answer and the way he left it, all were just as likely as the next. This leads me to believe a full decision has still not been made. hence the no feedback from the park. I will say though, in my opinioin it did seem like he was leaning towards a fix more that a tear down. That is the way I interpreted it, but some others may think differently.
  10. I will have to try those next time!
  11. Got some great shots here and goes well with the song!
  12. I rode FD 2 times last Monday and seemed to run the same as it always has?
  13. So what did you do with it when you got it home? Indyguy who wonders where these larges stuffed animals end up after they get home! Welcome to KIC spitfire!
  14. Yes, here is the video I took on opening day at KI. I took with my phone so not the best quality, but you get the idea.
  15. Awesome dream! From someone who has lucid and vivid dreams often I have read many dream books and I agree with TB from above.Something that might help with the explanation as well is if you remember if the trains were the originals, the G trains, or something new? I am sure KI would love to hear your dream on how to get it working correctly without major money! Might be worth bouncing the idea off an engineer at the very least?
  16. Don't put to much stock in the weather people with this crazy weather. I almost canceled going Monday myself cause all the local Cincy stations I looked at online said rain most of the day, but for maybe a few hrs. I decided to go and about 11:00 the sun was out till I left about 5:30. I ended up with a sun burn because I was prepared for a overcast day and possible rain not sun shine.
  17. Same here! People will even hand me coupons not knowing KI sells season passes, much less know I have one! I have been getting that question a lot as well. Just today in a meeting I was showing my co-workers the pictures that I took Monday. Several now want to go ride WS as well. I was hoping to have a PTR up by now, but been so busy getting ready for camping this weekend, it might not get up till next week! Edit: Thanks for sharing the paper pcc! That was awesome!
  18. Seeing those lights from underneath on CW's is very cool Can't wait to see them at KI!
  19. Thanks Standbyme! My skills were a little rusty, but now that I have done one I want to try another getting some better quality pictures and video from the park to go with it. I am sure another opportunity will come up to do this again. Glad you enjoyed it!
  20. If the wait time signs at the ride entrances were more diligently kept there could be sensors on them to give the times? Although, I would personally rather Ride Ops keep up the capacity of the ride than worry about a wait time on the sign.
  21. Very cool, thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. So will they have an Ark as the center piece of the park like our ET?
  22. I really loved the Invertigo pic. Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a great day!
  23. IndyGuy4KI replied to beastrider97's topic in KI Polls
    One thing that we need to understand here is that the majority of KI's guests are vacationers, not as much locals or enthusiasts. Most people are not going to mind shelling out the $5.00 for DA or the extra 2 more for the 3D movie because KI is something that they do once or twice a year, not every week or so. Sure, some will not do it due to the extra charge, but when you are vacationing people tend to spend more money than taking a day or weekend trip. Also, if you think about Xtreme Skyflyer or Slingshot, those are not family attractions and they charge up to $25.00 per person for them and they always have a line. So why wouldn't a pay attraction that can be done with the family for near the same price as one of the other single attractions not be popular? I think this is going to be very popular with families!
  24. Very nice. Thanks for sharing!
  25. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnL6ZugiMv0 I think it is a great commercial! Way to go KI!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.