Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jbum123

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jbum123

  1. Can anyone explain why CP passes get more perks than KI? They get an hour ERT and many, many more food discounts. Yeas, it costs more but it looks like the extra expense is quickly recovered. And why do they get Corn Dogs and Fried Cheese!?!?! (taken from the perks page)
  2. Last Sunday was walk ons for most rides. (Even The Beast) The only coaster we had to wait for was Diamandback and it was about 10 minutes around noon to 20 around 4. We will be there Sunday. The discounts will drive people to the park more than normal.
  3. It's blue ice cream with 10x the food dye twisted with pink vanilla ice cream with an equal amount of dye... Can't imagine what this stuff does to our insides... Look at the ground next time you are around an Ice cream stand. That's what it does to your insides! Freaked my babysitter out one time because I gave my daughter a blue cone before we left the park and the next day, lets just say it doesn't come out the same color as it went in.
  4. This from the park that had to shut down its other B&M coaster for several weeks last year to replace footings that were only three years old....... B&M doesn't make concrete nor did they pour the footings or have control over the ground that they are poured in. Irrelevant statement.
  5. IT'S SINKING!
  6. It's on my calendar! Sundays are when we usually go to the park so gaining another operating day plus a KIC event. Double bonus!
  7. What is the red dome looking thing to the left of the ET?
  8. My I.Q. dropped 10 points just reading this. And the sad realization is that this is what the world is becoming. Oh wait, I think I am required now to follow that up with LOL or LMBO or something like that.
  9. It was treated lumber. With the way it came down, the only thing it was destined for was a landfill. It is against state law to burn treated lumber and the chemicals in it keep it from being used for anything.I wouldn't say anything, some of it is hanging in peoples homes, maybe Don built him a new deck? They sold the bolts and track but AFAIK, they did not sell any of the wood. With the way it came down, I doubt any of it was really useable.
  10. Blue Ice Cream stains pavers in Planet Snoopy. Imagine what it does to your insides. I know it doesn't come out blue...... Always freaks out my babysitter when my kids have it the night before.
  11. It was treated lumber. With the way it came down, the only thing it was destined for was a landfill. It is against state law to burn treated lumber and the chemicals in it keep it from being used for anything.
  12. Will be there Sunday. My Daughters favorite flat ride is Drop Tower so I am sure I will get a few good looks.
  13. Nope. Might be one of my least favorite coasters. For as bad as it jostles you around, it's not that thrilling. Would be a great family coaster if it wasn't so rough. Even my kids would rather ride something else.
  14. CP might have a coaster that goes over the entrance to the park but we are getting one that goes over the ENTIRE park! Worlds longest by far! It could just be preventative maintenance. If a tree is dying and poses a hazard of falling into ride/public areas, removing early is a good thing. Just a thought.
  15. Same here. I am a tech geek by trade. I can't go anywhere without wondering how it works. I spend a good half of my time at KI looking at everything and wondering. I know WindSeekers tower has ladders inside to access the top. (you could see them in the construction pics) I would think DT would have them as well. That climb would suck!
  16. You are stopped from crashing into the Earth by the simplicity of magnets. There are metal plates on the carriage that slide between two magnets (multiple sets of course) interrupting the magnetic field and it's the invisible field that is slowing you down. Magnets don't suddenly stop being magnets so you never run the risk of smashing into the concrete below. Simple, effective and an amazing thrill!
  17. If they Hydroseeded, there will be no straw. The seed is applied with water and includes a fiber that holds in moisture. This would create an instant green "grass looking" area. I did not notice it as I was ridding Drop Tower but I wasn't really looking. It was my 6 year old daughters first ride and I spent the time focused on her. She LOVED it btw. I will look again on Sunday if the mystery hasn't been resolved.
  18. Take this FWIW and if it breaks the TOS rule, delete it since I don't know her name but my wife was riding the Eiffel Tower Elevator last night, someone asked the question about the new construction. Her response was "The only thing we know is that it is a Paranomal themed coaster through the woods. We do not know what type." Go with it or not but it does make a bit of sense. Banshee + video and audio monitoring + "increasing occurance of mysterious and bone chilling screams" + "Eveil phenomenom" + "No camping" + Green B&M supports. You do the math. It makes sense to me minus the woods part since most of the land is cleared.
  19. Like the 50% off admission, I am sure the discount will only apply to the "regular" price. Here's hoping it's not though!
  20. jbum123 replied to jbum123's topic in Kings Island
    I guess i failed to mention I took this on Sunday.
  21. jbum123 replied to jbum123's topic in Kings Island
    Seeng how you nailed it in the first half of your reply, there would have been nothing else.
  22. jbum123 posted a topic in Kings Island
    What's wrong with this picture? Anyone have any other "oopsies" they have found in the park?
  23. jbum123 replied to Voicetek's topic in Kings Island
    Add to it my first experience in Planet Snoopy of the season when my Wife refilled our souvenier cup and the lady dropped the lid/straw on the ground then gave it to the lady next to her who just ran it under water and then tried to give it back to us. needless to say, I pitched a fit. lady couldn't understand why.
  24. Level up in Funperks and get the $9,99 pass.
  25. I have tried looking forward as well as up and down but on one of the last rides, I can beat it a bit if I turn my head to the side. Learned it as I was laughing and trying to talk to my son. He is like me and can't stop from laughing the entire ride on a coaster.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.