Everything posted by Shawn Meyer
-
Could KI be getting a Floorless next?
^ Well my other guess is they left those there to tease us. Now that you put it that way, they could replace them in the same spots If indeed a new roller coaster would follow the lift hill spot of Vortex. I would still love to see a floorless roller coaster someday at Kings Island.
-
Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex
^ Well yeah, my first choice would be an RMC ground up as well. But If Kings Island decided to put in a roller coaster that's on the level of Intermediate, a floorless would be my second choice.
-
Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex
I know I've been discussing this in the Could Kings Island get a floorless thread, but how would everyone feel about that coming to Kings Island?
-
Could KI be getting a Floorless next?
Hey If they do go that route, maybe they could use the footers from Vortex for the lift hill, but then create a similar layout to Dominator. Maybe instead of having that curving drop that Dominator has, it could make the turn like Vortex did, but all the way around so it's facing the opposite side of the lift hill. Then you could practically almost do the same layout as Dominator.
-
Could KI be getting a Floorless next?
^ I forgot where I saw it, but I remember someone talking about the elevation change and how there were still footers where Vortex stood. Whatever topic it was, I know somebody was talking about the drone footage.
-
Could KI be getting a Floorless next?
^ Me too. Although I'm confused why Kings Island left footers from Vortex after removing it? I said in another thread, maybe they plan to reuse some of those old footers for the next roller coaster. However, that's just a guess at this point.
-
Orion Construction Photos
Did Kings Island ever sell part of they're land back to Kings Schools district? I know a month ago, they were talking about doing that.
-
Kings Island Dreams
^ I want a dream like that. I miss being able to socialize in life.
-
What comes after the 2020 Giga?
What ride is that? I'm confused.
-
Orion Construction Photos
Hmm. That's odd. I wonder if the next roller coaster will follow the same layout as Vortex.
-
Orion Construction Photos
Anyone know if they have started laying grass seed down around Orion and The Vortex site? Whenever I see a drone video on YouTube, I see a lot of brown in those areas.
-
Brighten Everyone's Day
I want some good news in this world. No baseball and no roller coaster news lately.
-
Ideas for the Crypt building?
I would be all for making the height of the last building a little smaller. It doesn't need to be that tall anymore since the crypt isn't in the building anymore. I know it would cost extra money to do that, but you would be able to see more of Diamondback going thru the course instead of a big giant eyesore building.
-
New Action Theatre Show?
Well the crypt building is too big for a haunt. They could make that smaller and still be able to have a great haunt there. As for Urgent Scare, does that get a line during haunt season?
-
Which coaster gets the RMC axe?
I know this was written a year before they announced Vortex departure, but now that it's removed I'm betting we'll see an RMC in place of Vortex. I've said this in other threads, but I would love to see a ground up wooden topper track roller coaster similar to outlaw run. The one thing I would do is make it the same height as what Vortex was; maybe 150 feet instead. I would also love to see them add an actual loop to pay tribute to SOB. Maybe they could introduce the batwing element like Vortex had. That's my thoughts for today. Take care now. Bye bye then!
-
Orion Construction Photos
^^^^ I know the coronavirus is messing things up, but I doubt we'll go that long before we see another roller coaster. Just my opinion. Call me crazy, but I still say 2022 for the next roller coaster to come.
-
Kings Island Dreams
Anyone else have any dreams about Kings Island? Nobody likes this topic.
-
Brighten Everyone's Day
She's a cute cat. How old is she?
-
Coasterstock: 9 Months To Plan, 12 Hours To Sell Out The Event
Well with covid 19 coronavirus upon us, and Cedar Fair not being able to open up the parks for possibly 5 weeks, does anyone think they'll push this back into June?
-
Kings Island and Cedar Point opening Mid-May
^ Maybe after halloweekends at both parks, they could keep certain fall decorations up and add Thanksgiving decorations. What does everyone think about that?
-
Souvenir cups
^ David in past years, you were allowed to order it online and have it shipped to your house. They might still do that, but I don't know. By the way, are you the same David that follows me on my page?
-
Kings Island Dreams
I had a dream shortly after watching the last section of Vortex come down from the other thread that there was some supports showing near the ground. They were still in place, but the track was removed. It was probably supports that held up that final helix. See even with life events happening right now, our minds continue to wonder.
-
Orion Construction Photos
This might be a dumb question, but what construction needs done?
-
Brighten Everyone's Day
^ What do you mean? My page isn't evil?
-
Brighten Everyone's Day
I don't know what to talk about. I feel lost with all the news about this virus going on. I do want to let everybody know I run a page on Facebook called Cedar Fair photo fan page. Please check it out sometime.