Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shawn Meyer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shawn Meyer

  1. They've also poured the birthday cakes leading all the way up to the reservoir When you mention the birthday cake, what do you mean?
  2. Anyone know if Mystic Timbers was topped off yet? Also special thanks to Tuxedoguy for the pictures. You must have rode the train around 2-3 times.
  3. Well I'm not suggesting build it exactly as it was, but re-build it with new control panels, and new trains. It would be like an upgrade kind of thing in my opinion.
  4. I can't believe Cedar Fair doesn't have the Blueprints to the Big dipper. I know a couple people called my last idea crazy a few posts back, but I think it can be rebuilt someday on another CF property possibly.
  5. I can't wait to see the lift hill when it's completed. The view will be even better then.
  6. Just curious here, are they working on the hill that turns after the curving drop? Other than that, I think I'm caught up on the construction with you guys. Looks like the lift hill will be formed next week. W00T W00T!
  7. Since it was announced last week that Big Dipper would get the axe soon, I would vote for Kings Island to get a replica layout of it someday. I also mentioned this would be ideal at Coney Island in another thread on here.
  8. ^ Well they could always obtain a copy of the blueprints from Cedar Fair and rebuild a duplicate of the ride. That's a good idea though.
  9. Ooops! Meant to say at nine years. What was I thinking? Good grief!
  10. I know fans of ACE have been trying hard to get Big Dipper moved since Geauga Lake closed it's doors in 2007, but after 5 years of sitting there rotting, I think it was a good move on Cedar Fair's part to have it demolished. I hate to say it, but I saw it coming. I hope that one day, Cedar Fair can announce that they'll rebuild a replica of the Big Dipper in one of their parks across the country. If I had to choose a park for that replica, I would say put it in Dorney Park. In my opinion, that would be ideal.
  11. Hey everyone, I was at the park this weekend and can tell you that the construction progress looks amazing from what I could see from the train. I was dissapointed that I couldn't go through the new vine tunnel to take closer pictures, but it is what it is. From the looks of things, it looks like the lift hill will be topped off this week. I'm also surprised they drained the little lake, but discovered that's where the station will be so that's pretty cool. I would post pictures, but I don't have them uploaded on my hard drive yet. I will get to them tomorrow.
  12. Boring? You mean pouring right? Lol
  13. ^ I sort of asked that same question last week. From the answer I got from the nice people on here, they said that they're starting with different parts of the layout first, then building the lift hill.
  14. ^ Not to get off topic here, but is he referring to Thunder Road from Carowinds?
  15. It's crazy that they started on the turn first. I thought they would go straight for the lift hill, but either way, they're moving along at a nice pace. Go Kings Island! It's your birthday! It's your birthday! Lol
  16. Where is this at? I'm assuming it's the start of the lift hill.
  17. So If Mystic Timbers were to open today, would guest have to cross the tracks to get to the ride?
  18. ^ He probably knows but isn't allowed to tell anyone.
  19. This goes out to Ohiocolts. Congratulations on winning memorabilia for Mystic Timbers! Also this is unrelated to this topic, but I also love the Indianapolis Colts!
  20. Anymore footers being poured or placed? :Feeling anxious:
  21. I know I shouldn't quote picture posts, but this was my favorite shot. For some reason, they look like big giant marshmallows in the ground. As far as what's in the shed, I'm not going to ask personally but in my mind, I think this is just an animation that riders see before heading back to the station. Thank you for the pictures Magenta Lizard.
  22. This is a dumb question, but are they done with falling trees? :hint hint:
  23. ^ Are you referring to the footers? I know dumb question.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.