Everything posted by CoasterOhio
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
It's bad, but trust me. There is a machine that is ran by Park Services that cleans up the entire park (A motorized Vehicular Sweeper pretty much) But it is bad how much trash is left behind. But in most cases, the trash is in the middle of the parking lot. Farthest away from trash cans on either side of the lanes (Well mainly one side, but still) ----------- Onto the lightning question... If a storm is near the park, or quickly approaching the area. Lightning or not, rides will go into "Stage 1" meaning that rides like Banshee, Diamondback, Invertigo, Drop Tower and WindSeeker will close. This only happens at times when a downpour may occur (A real downpour. Yellow to red rain on radar) This happened about a month ago when many scattered, but powerful storms were rolling all over the park. Those rides listed were shut down about twice. Usually a warning came on the PA system. Now obviously it isn't always the case. They will continue rides sometimes, just like yesterday. But It's usually when the storm is a threat. What happened yesterday was quick, and pretty light. (Even though it was a downpour) "Stage 2" is pretty much a full park shut down. Lightning is in the area. All ride operations will be shut down, and guests are advised to seek shelter.
-
Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do
Welcome to KIC by the way! I believe I heard this lady say it about a few days ago.
-
Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do
Get to the Banshee!
-
Carowinds: "There's more than one way to make a BIG splash in 2016..."
It is not impossible to put in two major roller coasters in two years. With enough planning it's certainly possible. But at the same time, There is like. a 5% chance of another roller coaster.
-
2016 announcement?
^^ The Theater between The Racer is being used for the "Urgent Scare" Haunt attraction. It is only used as a haunt attraction at this time. And if any location at Kings Island is going to get Cedar Fair's dark ride concept... It's going to be Boo Blasters. Let's face it, the ride has ran it's course.
-
Next New Ride?
Keep in mind. When Cedar Fair did buy all the WindSeekers, they were LITERALLY a new ride. Of course problems were due to occur. But, they work out very well. I do see a few problems still with the ride, but other than that, it's still a lovely ride. ALL new rides have problems. Take Diamondback? E-stop on the MCBR first week or something like that... Banshee had a compressor problem a few weeks into the year. The ORIGINAL Bat for a huge example? The first Suspended Swinging coaster? That had SO many problems they took it out after three years. So of course there are always problems with new concepts. But they work out in the end. Mondial did a great job with the WindSeekers, but they can still be worked on.
-
Longing for asphalt.
You are right, The only black-paved asphant on the park is Around the Eiffel Tower, Grand Carousel. And the path going to Coney Mall, and Rivertown, and into Rivertown from the Eiffel Tower. Take it from me, since I've been working at the park 26 times so far. You start to pay attention to everything, even simple things. The reason why the pavers probably ended where the did was that, that was where the Diamondback construction ended.
-
Souvenir cups from 2014....can they be reused in 2015?
Actually, I do believe you CAN refill the old cups, but they either cost more, or you can only fill it up with water.
-
Expected Crowd on July 4th
Well, you should all explained what happened Sunday. Park was so busy it stayed open an extra hour. Yeah, it was because of nice weather, but wow was the park extremely busy suddenly for no reason other than weather.
-
FUN TV POVs
Well, the park doesn't have much of an option. The best they can do is around 8AM. Which is a time they're doing checks on rides, ensuring everything operates.
-
FUN TV POVs
I found your POV's https://www.visitkingsisland.com/online-fun/virtual-rides-by-gamefly
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
I do want to say one more thing. THEY ABSOLUTELY DO, enforce cell phone usage on rides. If a rider does not comply (Most of the time they are) They WILL stop the ride on the hill and take away the article by force. I've seen The Beast being stopped before at the bottom of the lift for a Ride operator to come out of the station and take away the phone, and the train was sent on the way. They do enforce it, if a guest does not want to comply. I've heard the announcement on Diamondback, Banshee, The Beast, The Racer (Especially), even Adventure Express of all rides.
-
KI a no fly zone?
Going with what TheCandyManCan was saying. Kings Island is definitely not a no fly zone. I saw a plane go over the park on Tuesday without any issues. If anything, just like TCMC said. They most likely request a limitation of 500ft from the height of Drop Tower, WindSeeker, and The Eiffel Tower. (Might as well throw Diamondback in there for extra credit. But due note. There is really no reason to report Diamondback being stopped for a safety reason. It's not like the minor WindSeeker incident that happened a few days ago. Don't remember that? Let's give a back story. WindSeeker got stuck, they lowered it down. Retested the ride, and it reopened. Simple as that. Diamondback was open today yes? No need to really report about it.
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
I'm quite sure there are cameras on The Racer. I can check Thursday when I am there (To visit)
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
While working at Kings Island these last few days. I have notice an ABUNDANCE of times the Ride Operator must talk over the lift-hill intercom about cell phones. Within the last 3 days I have worked at the park, The Racer Operator has called the lift-hill at least 50 to 70 times. Usually about 20 per 7 hour day. This has to stop, and one group at a time can VERY much help out the community, and all other park-goers. I'm not saying it's Kings Island Central members. I'm not saying it's any major amusement park group that knows better. But it's ridiculous how many times the ride has been interuppted by "Ladies and Gentleman currently aboard the (blank) Racer, Just a reminder that the use of all electronics are strictly forbidden here at any ride in the park. So if you currently have an electronic device, or cell phone out, please put it away at this time (Once again if you have a cell phone out, please put it away at this time) Thank you." (Yes I am able to recite the whole thing because of how many times I have to hear it on a daily basis.) That's how ridiculous it has gotten. Anyone else feel this way?
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
I finally was able to ride Flying Eagles on Tuesday (I don't care if they're Woodstock Gliders, they're still Flying Eagles to me. haha) Anyways. I think I know the snapping secret to well, because within 2 rotations of the ride I was already gliding sideways. If I continued I probably could have gotten close to flipping around or something, I know the ride will prevent that from happening, but it really felt like I could have done it. It was quite fun!
-
The Beast Experience
I didn't feel like reading the post... But I have found a lot of days where the music doesn't happen to be playing. This is a preview night, the music will probably be on tomorrow (Or today xD)
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
Okay. All important question. Snapping. Yes or nay?
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
Who would take their time to get into peoples phones and see what you, a visitor to the park, are up too? Not anyone. I don't believe someone would buy a ticket just to hack into peoples phones at a park. I'm sure there is no wifi in the parking lot. So the ability to get access from the drop-off area is not likely.
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
Well well well, look what decided to take flight today. Update: I do believe Don Helbig is currently looking at the ride at the webcam. haha (Well, was on the webcam anyways. lol)
-
Fanny Packs, BackPacks, Carry Bags
I just need zipper pockets and I'll be good, haha.
-
Kings Island 7/2/14: The stolen phone
^ For Banshee yes they will make you do so. Other rides, it REALLY depends.
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
Okay, so are they testing Woodstock Gliders? Or is the ride literally moving on it's own? Seems like it moves a lot, haha. but the gears my not be fully connected yet?
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
I saw Banshee doing the same earlier.
-
Kings Island 2015 Discussion Thread
What I quite find interesting. is that if Zodiac wasn't closed, There would have been a ride every 10 years this year. Backlot Stunt Coaster is 10 years old Xtreme Skyflyer is 20 years old White Water Canyon is 30 years old Zodiac (Would have been) 40 years old.